Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2010, 10:17   #16
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
I am particularly impressed by the respected Col Gogate, who has instructed Mr Gidwani to ask me to come down personally so they can assess my grasping abilities, as I don't have an automobile/engg background. Neat work I say.
This personal touch is so very important; I am mighty pleased with the attitude too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Do you think such a course would be worth the time/money/effort?
Crazy Driver (and others) : Let me reiterate, this program is best for freshers. I don't think its suited to a profile like yours (i.e. already professionally occupied in the corporate world) as the opportunity cost is way too much. End of the day, this is NOT an MBA. It is a very basic program meant to train future service engineers / advisors.

To me, this program is best for those who have just graduated, and are looking at a career within the automotive service sector (whether employment or entrepreneurial).

Quote:
Haven't been to Mumbai. How good are Navnit motors?
It's an A+ grade organisation and represents some of the biggest luxo-brands.
Old 21st April 2010, 10:39   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Crazy Driver (and others) : Let me reiterate, this program is best for freshers. I don't think its suited to a profile like yours (i.e. already professionally occupied in the corporate world) as the opportunity cost is way too much. End of the day, this is NOT an MBA. It is a very basic program meant to train future service engineers / advisors.

To me, this program is best for those who have just graduated, and are looking at a career within the automotive service sector (whether employment or entrepreneurial).
Thanks GTO. I understand your point.

However, I am looking to exit from IT (Permanently). Hence the IT work experience doesn't value much (Other than the soft skills earned, and industry expore), does it? Suppose if I am to do an MBA program, will I be able to get into the automobile sector, since I dont have work experience in this sector? Won't that prove to be a disadvantage at that stage?

Won't it be an advantage if i have atleast basic experience under my belt, to complement my degree in Automobile engineering? Another plan is to quit some time before this year's CAT. After the exams, join any service centers for basic experience (Without having to pay them, of course! ).

OT: If this is going off-topic, i'll be glad if you could PM the reply.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 21st April 2010 at 10:45.
Old 21st April 2010, 19:15   #18
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Hence the IT work experience doesn't value much (Other than the soft skills earned, and industry expore), does it?
The money will! Opportunity cost = What you could be earning while you are in the classroom. If you go for Navnit's 9 month program, your opportunity cost is 9 months of your current salary.

Quote:
Suppose if I am to do an MBA program, will I be able to get into the automobile sector, since I dont have work experience in this sector?
A good MBA will get you into any sector, leave aside the automotive.

Quote:
Won't it be an advantage if i have atleast basic experience under my belt, to complement my degree in Automobile engineering?
How many years of work-ex do you have?

Quote:
Another plan is to quit some time before this year's CAT. After the exams, join any service centers for basic experience (Without having to pay them, of course! ).
Fresh service advisors get paid anywhere between 7K - 15K. You ready for that?

Lets continue our discussion in the MBA thread (you can quote my post there for replying). We are going way off-topic here.
Old 27th June 2012, 14:10   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Want to learn the mechanics of a car? A "workshop training" course!

5 day proficiency Program on Vehicle body Engineering at ARAI (23-27 Jul'12)

Quote:
The aim of this training programme is to elaborate on the concept, styling, construction, design and analysis of vehicle bodies. This will cover

bodies of cars, bus and commercial vehicle cab.
Cheers!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Vehicle_Body_Engineering.pdf (146.6 KB, 779 views)
Old 7th October 2015, 22:56   #20
BHPian

Folks, is there any programme available in NCR somewhere that helps understand various aspects of a car including its mechanics? I guess even half a day spent with an expert familiarising oneself with the functioning of a car will be a great exposure. For most car users like me, car remains a mystery.
Old 2nd January 2017, 22:49   #21
BHPian

Sorry for bumping up old thread, do we have any such course available in Hyderabad.
Thanks.
Old 3rd January 2017, 08:48   #22
BHPian

In the nineties, Radio Bhavan, in Mumbai used to have a 8 weekends long course. Not sure if they are still around, and offer this still. Ofcourse it was easier then- less tech and 2- 3 models of cars. The other alternate was the driving school. I remember that driving schools in Thane used to have 1 day dedicated to theory where they would give you a brief knowledge of the engine and its workings.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks