Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2010, 11:06   #1
Senior - BHPian

Want to learn the mechanics of a car? A "workshop training" course!

The Navnit Group who are dealers for BMW, Land Rover, Rolls Royce and Maruti have come up with Advanced Technical Training Programs for Premium cars catering to engineers and auto enthusiasts. The training programs will be conducted at Navnit's Land Rover workshop at Thane. Students who complete the course will receive a Completion Certificate and Placement Assistance in any of the Navnit Group's dealerships.

Here are details of the three courses they are offering:

Modern Automobile Technology Awareness Program

1. Review of Basic Auto Technology
2. Overview of use of modern technology to improve performance
3. Some techniques used in modern cars
4. Process of Diagnosis
5. Use of Diagnostic Tools

Duration: 6-8 weeks, 5 days a week, 8 hrs a day (4 hrs theory followed by 4 hrs practicals)

Eligibility: Graduate with basic knowledge of Automobile Engg. Auto enthusiasts with basic knowledge of Automobile Engg may also apply.

Fees: Rs. 6000/-

Service Training Program for Auto Engineers

2. Basics of electronics used in modern cars to meet customers expectations
3. Details of features in modern cars
4. Diagnosis of modern cars
5. Use of Diagnostic Tools
6. Foundation skills required to manage workshop, equipments, manpower, inventory, customer, time, communication ….

Duration: 6 months, 5 days a week, 8 hrs a day (4 hrs theory followed by 4 hrs practicals). Includes at least 8 weeks attachment to workshops for hands-on experience.

Eligibility: Graduate or Diploma Engineer with basic knowledge of Automobile Engg

Fees: Rs. 37,500/-

Service Training Program for auto mechanics from ITIs /ITCs

2. Basics of feature in modern cars to meet customers expectations
3. Principles of Diagnosis of modern cars

Duration: 4 months, 5 days a week, 8 hrs a day (4 hrs theory followed by 4 hrs practicals). Includes at least 6 weeks attachment to workshops for hands-on experience.

Eligibility: ITI or ITC with basic knowledge of principles of Automobile Engg

Fees: Rs. 9,000/-

For more info and other details you can send an email to

training@navnitmotors.com

or contact them on 022 - 25457514

I feel this is a fantastic opportunity for those looking to make their career in the Automotive field. I also think the first basic program is quite good for enthusiasts like us who would like to know more about the Diagnostics Systems of today's modern machinery.
Dippy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th April 2010, 20:44   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Indeed, its a super opportunity to learn workshop basics. There's a good number of BHPians who are looking at a career in the industry, or starting off their own shop. The exposure alone makes this program well worth it. For those who didn't know where to start, this is it.

Thanks to the petrolhead who dropped us an email with information on these programs.
Old 15th April 2010, 21:07   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

That is something.

One point about all the 3 courses is that these are full time courses, run over a few months. But this should actually make the coverage quite comprehensive.

The Service Training Program for Auto Engineers course seems to be made for the buddy service center owner.

Would love to see something tailor-made for people like us.
Old 15th April 2010, 21:07   #4
Senior - BHPian

The only drawback is that all these are weekday courses. Any place for us enthusiasts who have a regular job but want to learn the basics?

@Condor, you beat me by a few seconds
Old 16th April 2010, 14:49   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
One point about all the 3 courses is that these are full time courses, run over a few months.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
The only drawback is that all these are weekday courses.
That's why its best for freshers. Freshers who are just out of school, don't have another job and can afford to invest the time. Navnit won't offer part-time programs for us enthusiasts, as this course is supposed to be a feeder to their service network.
Old 16th April 2010, 15:04   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

What are the dates? I'll make sure my car is not in for service during that period
Old 17th April 2010, 16:55   #7
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Sounds Interesting!

Any body tried it yet?

And yes, where are they located?
Old 18th April 2010, 15:41   #8
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
What are the dates? I'll make sure my car is not in for service during that period
Good one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post
And yes, where are they located?
Navnits workshops? I guess they are spread over central + suburban Bombay.
Old 18th April 2010, 21:57   #9
Team-BHP Support

Beleive me, good diagnotsitc skills are severely lacking in the auto segment. Go for it!
Old 18th April 2010, 22:36   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Why would you go for servicing in Thane when you are put up in Mumbai?
Old 18th April 2010, 23:34   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
Why would you go for servicing in Thane when you are put up in Mumbai?
I used to drive from Dombivli to Malad (2 hours at best, ordinarily 2.5 hours, one way) to service my M800 with Spectra. I must have burnt more money on the petrol than the paid up service cost.

Dippy, thanks for the information on the course. If finances allow, I might go for the basic course at least.
Old 19th April 2010, 23:08   #12
Senior - BHPian

I emailed at the given address, and received a reply today, so these people seem to be very prompt.

Here's the email I had sent:

Quote:
Hello Navnit,

I learnt about a training course in Modern Automobile Technology Awareness Program conducted by your group. I am a commerce graduate but an auto enthusiast with some basic knowledge of automobiles. I would like to know if I am eligible to attend this training. I would also like to know the cost, venue and date/timings for the same.

Here's the reply I got:

Quote:
Thanks for inquiring and showing interest in the Training Programs conducted at Navnit Motors.

We are glad to inform that at Navnit Motors we conduct Training Program for fresh Graduates to train them about the "Basic and Advance Technology"
which is been used in Todays Modern Cars.

The Training Academy is a part of Navnit Group, a well known Multi Brand Automobile Dealership that represents car manufacturers like Maruti, Hyundai, Force Motors and some of the most prestigious brands like BMW,Land Rover, Rolls Royce, Volvo etc.

We started the specialized auto-service training program primarily to meet our own requirement of trained manpower for handling high-technology cars like BMW. In the last 5 years we have trained over 100 auto engineers.
Many were given opportunity to work in our organization. Currently almost all of them are gainfully employed in the industry. The training program is primarily designed to develop awareness about use of Modern Technology in cars and high level of diagnostic skills.

As per your eligibility, we would suggest you to join our "Modern Automobile Technology Awareness Program". The details of the programs is as follows:-

A. Modern Automobile Technology Awareness Program. It covers –

2. Overview of use of modern technology to improve performance 3. Some techniques used in modern cars 4. Process of Diagnosis 5. Use of Diagnostic Tools

Duration 6-8 weeks, 5 days a week, 8 hrs a day (4 hrs theory followed by 4 hrs practicals)

Eligibility – Graduate or Diploma Engineer with basic knowledge of Automobile Engg. Auto enthusiasts with basic knowledge of Automobile Engg may also apply.

For futher details or any queries feel free to call on 66776614.

Also, We would like to meet you personally. Kindly let us know the date and time when it is feasible for you to come for a personal meet.

Thanks & Regards,

Mohan Gidwani
Training Consultant
Navnit Group
Navnit House, Gokul Nagar, Old Mumbai-Agra Road, Thane (West) - 400601
022 66776614

---------------------------- Original Message ----------------------------
Subject: [Fwd: Modern Automobile Technology Awareness Program]
Date: Mon, April 19, 2010 9:52 am
To: "Gidwani" <gidwani@navnitpfi.com>
"Rakhee" <rakhee.sarfare@navnitpfi.com>
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr Gidwani,

Pl inform him about our tech training program and also ask him to meet us so we can ascertain his potential to grasp what we cover in our training, speciall because he does not have auto education.

Regards,

Col J G Gogate
Training Consultant
Navnit Group
Navnit House, Gokul Nagar, Old Mumbai-Agra Road, Thane (West) - 400601 022-66776600-05; 022-66776611
+919821912127
training@navnitmotors.com
I am particularly impressed by the respected Col Gogate, who has instructed Mr Gidwani to ask me to come down personally so they can assess my grasping abilities, as I don't have an automobile/engg background. Neat work I say.

Only question before me is is there a good career ahead if I decide to spend Rs. 6000/-
Old 19th April 2010, 23:54   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
There's a good number of BHPians who are looking at a career in the industry, or starting off their own shop.
GTO, I am one such person. Did Automobile engineering, and ended up in IT. Looking to quit one of these days, for higher studies (MBA). Was thinking about getting some auto-industry course under the belt, as i dont want to end up again in IT.

Do you think such a course would be worth the time/money/effort?

Haven't been to Mumbai. How good are Navnit motors?

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 19th April 2010 at 23:57.
Old 20th April 2010, 00:33   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Indeed, its a super opportunity to learn workshop basics. There's a good number of BHPians who are looking at a career in the industry, or starting off their own shop. The exposure alone makes this program well worth it. For those who didn't know where to start, this is it.

Thanks to the petrolhead who dropped us an email with information on these programs.
+1. I too am trying to make a career in Automobile industry. Wish this course was available in Bangalore.
Old 20th April 2010, 16:06   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadaver_prad View Post
+1. I too am trying to make a career in Automobile industry. Wish this course was available in Bangalore.
yes me too, i wanna upgrade my knowledge as i am from the same field,
And the price is worth for it i believe,
Hope it was available in my city hyderabad.
ferrariKSA is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks