Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2010, 15:58   #1
BHPian

Combination switch conked off. Can't find one in the market!

Our Palio's combinational switch that controls the headlight unit just conked out (the knob for controlling the headlights got unscrewed completely and came off). I can use the high beam by pulling the switch towards me though.

We tried hunting for a combinational switch in Chennai, and no dealer had it. They said it was available at one place in Assam. Dad got his office branch which was in Assam to procure it.

Now, I need to get it fitted onto our Palio. Should I take it to Concorde (heard a few bad experiences, though they did a pretty decent job of servicing our car last time), or to a garage near my place (they fixed a minor issue a year back).

Why I am asking this is, is the replacement of the combinational switch a major task which should be given only to the dealer, or can I entrust the local garage with the job? Would like you to point out some good authorized workshops for FIAT in Chennai as well. I reside in Adyar.
Old 15th April 2010, 16:03   #2
Senior - BHPian

Check this post in PUG (Palio Users Group), it maybe of help to you:
Yahoo! Groups
Old 15th April 2010, 18:23   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We tried hunting for a combinational switch in Chennai, and no dealer had it. They said it was available at one place in Assam.
Yikes!
Wasn't it even available in some large stockyard in Delhi, Mumbai-Pune, etc?
Old 16th April 2010, 00:37   #4
BHPian

Nope, it was not. It was available in 2 places, both of them being very remote. Thankfully, my dad has contacts in Assam who procured the part for him.
Old 16th April 2010, 01:01   #5
Senior - BHPian

I just replaced the combi switch on my car. Got it off the shelf in Bombay. It's not a big job, a good garage should be able to handle it.

Drifter
Old 16th April 2010, 12:18   #6
BHPian

Do you have a Palio? From where did you get it in Bombay? The switch that we got is the wrong one apparently. It fits the fiat Siena and is not mean for the Palio. Fiat spares for older cars is becoming a big problem.
Old 16th April 2010, 12:34   #7
Senior - BHPian

Spares aren't a problem in Bombay at least. The company owned workshop has all the spares that I needed. The combi switch is a bit expensive at around Rs 4,000. But I still send the car only to the authorised shop. Turns out to be cheaper in the long run.

Drifter

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks