Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2010, 09:08   #1
BHPian

Quick questions - Palio D

Hello,

I own a 3 year old palio 1.9D, touching almost 50k kms. I plan to do somethings for which i need advice:

1. I am upgrading the tires from the current stock good years to Yokohoma A drive 175/70/R13. However during the last service the mechanic told me that one of the front wheel bearings is making noise and needs to be changed.
Should i change the front bearing along with the tire change or it can wait, Is there any affect of not changing the bearing along with the tire change.

2. I recently replaced the engine oil, but i feel that the engine oil now is above the max. mark. What are the downsides of running an engine with more oil in it. How do i drain the excess oil off?

3. A good place in delhi where i can get all these things done and checked, I also need to do cleaning, polishing and small touch up jobs, I am still to find the perfect service centres in delhi as i have tried, vivek, rama and once samyak and found them all to be monkeys.

thanks in advance.
Old 16th April 2010, 14:13   #2
Senior - BHPian

Faulty Bearings can cause improper tyre wear so change it before going for the tyre upgrade. It is better to check the other side bearing too, and replace it in a pair. 1.9D is NA so a little more oil wont do much harm, but still remove excess oil(the usual way-sump nut). Service centre for high-mileage run cars irrespective of the brand are always monkeys and chimps only, you have to break your head to get the job done.

Most Viewed