Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2010, 13:34   #16
Team-BHP Support

I would reply

Don't expect us to buy or recommend your car as there is new kind of customer in place who ensures competition does not hamper performance in avoiding competency like yours
Old 2nd August 2010, 16:19   #17
BHPian

I am writing straight to the MD of Merc India and many senior people! If they don't reply - I will speak to many of my journalist friends. Thanks to all the Team-BHP fellow community members for supporting me with this!
Old 20th August 2010, 01:45   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishkashyap View Post
I am writing straight to the MD of Merc India and many senior people! If they don't reply - I will speak to many of my journalist friends. Thanks to all the Team-BHP fellow community members for supporting me with this!
Why don't you show the car to the other Mercedes Benz Service center in NCR i.e. Patel Auto. I have heard they are much better than T&T.

Here are the contact information and link to their website.

Unit I
10-B, Rajendra Place , New delhi -110008,
Ph:- 25711328, 25714952, Fax:- 25751949,
email:- info@patelautoindia.com
Unit II
112, Udyog Vihar, Phase-I, Gurgaon. 122001
Ph:- 0124 – 4005311-16, Fax:- 0124-4005310
Email:- gurgaon@patelautoindia.com

Patel Auto Services Pvt. Ltd.
Old 20th August 2010, 03:49   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Here are the shocking words of an Engineer employed with the company - Mercedes, who personally inspected my vehicle. His name is Sunil Dagar, Manager, Field Service :

"air conditioner of the C220 CDI model (New) is not effective and cannot be matched with other Japanese vehicles such as Corolla, Civic etc". He also said “don’t expect the A/C to chill as there is a new type of compressor system in place which ensures engine performance is not hampered"

Ask the engineer if he can give this in writing and Please escalate the matter anyways. This is something not expected from a premium car. I drove a previous gen C-220 CDI MT these summers, the AC was a chiller.

Last edited by .anshuman : 20th August 2010 at 03:50.
Old 20th August 2010, 13:27   #20
BHPian

Ashish you must try other service centers as well and it wouldn't hurt to get second opinion from these guys. Then you will have stronger case. Also have you noticed any tripping sounds outside when the compressor is on??
Old 19th January 2012, 19:04   #21
BHPian

Re: Unhappy with my Mercedes C220's air-conditioner

Here is an update of my vehicle at 20000 Km. Two nagging problems continue:

1. Air-conditioner problem still not solved. Have sent my car a dozen times to have the same inspected. Then, I have been reporting a foul smell since the beginning. T&T Motors says that fumigation is required and they have quoted a figure of INR 12000 to INR 14000.

2. The second problem - Three tyres at different intervals developed boils at the circumference - T&T said that it cannot do anything about it - So I had to buy new tyres. Anyone else face this issue?

<OVERALL BAD, BAD EXPERIENCE WITH THE VEHICLE> Avoid Mercedes-Benz in this country!
Old 19th January 2012, 20:01   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeding@160mph View Post
The AC was very ineffective over the summer last year. We ended up at the dealer and convinced them to change the compressor and all pipes. It worked just fine since then
I often have to do a top-up of the gas for the air conditioning about once in 3-4 years, so you were right to have claimed the replacements under warranty. The problem is that many customers pay up rather than insist that the dealer/service center make repairs under warranty.

Quote:
I have been reporting a foul smell since the beginning. T&T Motors says that fumigation is required and they have quoted a figure of INR 12000 to INR 14000. Tyres at different intervals developed boils at the circumference
To deal with the foul smell, the dealer/service center is probably adding an extra zero or two to the end of the figure because it is a Mercedes. I did experience a price difference between comparable parts among different vehicles in the Toyota stable, though the problem is not as pronounced as it is with Mercedes in your case. There's a spray can sold in some car accessory stores that help in dealing with the 'moldy' smell as a quick fix. If it doesn't solve your problem, option B is to get the air conditioning cleaned.

The tyres developing bubbles is a sign of a defect. If the dealer does not accept the tyres for replacement, try talking to the tyre manufacturer. The dealer should be handling the case for you, but you can get Mercedes India to talk to the dealer. In either case, do not drive with the defective tyres even if it means that you have to pay for a new set of tyres yourself.
Old 19th January 2012, 23:23   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Here is an update of my vehicle at 20000 Km. Two nagging problems continue:

1. Air-conditioner problem still not solved. Have sent my car a dozen times to have the same inspected. Then, I have been reporting a foul smell since the beginning. T&T Motors says that fumigation is required and they have quoted a figure of INR 12000 to INR 14000.

2. The second problem - Three tyres at different intervals developed boils at the circumference - T&T said that it cannot do anything about it - So I had to buy new tyres. Anyone else face this issue?

<OVERALL BAD, BAD EXPERIENCE WITH THE VEHICLE> Avoid Mercedes-Benz in this country!
The Tyre problem you mention is caused by the tyres being too hard, poor tyre pressure and bad roads. 'Bubbling' along the sidewalls occurs when you hit a bad pothole at medium to high speeds and possibly with over/under inflated tyres. My A4 was running on 17" stock rims and Pirelli Cinturades. Same deal as you, 3 tyre changes within 20k KM and the need for refilling air every 5-7 days. Recently, there were 2 tyres busted at the same time so I ended up changing the entire set over to Michelin. Driven almost 2K since and tyre pressure loss is much better and no issues. Check with a good tyre place what they can recommend. The dealer will suggest you stick with stock since he makes a killing on it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks