Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2015, 00:34   #91
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnyRider View Post
Bangalore bhpians, please recommend any good FNGs to carry out the Ford Fiesta engine Overhaul. I am looking for a place closer to Marathahalli area.
Do check the Bangalore directory for details on the best possible list of FNG's to get the work done.

No point in spending so much and going to Calicut and risking the cars health. If you would have been living in remote page then I can understand but Bangalore will definitely have someone out to help you.

All the best and do keep us posted on the developments and repairs.
Old 23rd September 2015, 09:53   #92
Senior - BHPian

Re: The life of a 1.4 DuraTorq Engine from Ford

Doesn't Ford provide half engine (i.e the upper half)?Maruti does so . They provide you with a new/reconditioned (at their factory) upper half at a reasonable price and top of that you get OE stuff with engine warranty.
Diesels normally are long life engines because of the nature of their working principle which commands usage of strong working components. The Duratorq should easily do 6 digit on the odo if maintained religiously.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2015, 11:09   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Doesn't Ford provide half engine (i.e the upper half)?Maruti does so . They provide you with a new/reconditioned (at their factory) upper half at a reasonable price and top of that you get OE stuff with engine warranty.
Diesels normally are long life engines because of the nature of their working principle which commands usage of strong working components. The Duratorq should easily do 6 digit on the odo if maintained religiously.
Not sure! I will enquire a little more closely with Elite Ford - Mahdevapura.
Old 24th September 2015, 07:39   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
I had the same engine issue with my Ford Fusion too. When I contacted the Ford A.S.S, they informed me that I need to shell out 1.3 to 1.8 lakhs to replace the engine. Eventually, I sold my car for a paltry sum of 60,000 Rs., and bought a Baleno for 70,000 Rs. My suggestion is to sell it off and have peace of mind.
Old 24th September 2015, 09:13   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Looks like a timing/oil pump issue, which eventually lead to coolant getting burnt (could be a blown head gasket or a crack on the head).
Forget all those FORD ASCs here in Bangalore. They are pathetic and out there only to rip you off.
Look up the directories thread on Naveen (Automechs). He is an independent mechanic worth his salt.

Last edited by jeeva : 24th September 2015 at 09:17.
jeeva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 12:50   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
mayankk and a4anurag, totally agree with you. I will checkout some good FNGs to get this work done.
Bangalore bhpians, please recommend any good FNGs to carry out the Ford Fiesta engine Overhaul. I am looking for a place closer to Marathahalli area.
Quote:
Please don't go to Elite Ford. My experience with them have been only bad. I would rate Lathangi over them any day.
Near maratahalli, try Sejal Motors Me and many others have had good experience with Sejal motors on our Ikons. So I assume they will be good with other fords too.

Last edited by Jaguar : 24th September 2015 at 12:51.
Old 27th September 2015, 00:22   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
mayankk and a4anurag, totally agree with you. I will checkout some good FNGs to get this work done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Please don't go to Elite Ford. My experience with them have been only bad. I would rate Lathangi over them any day.
Near maratahalli, try Sejal Motors Me and many others have had good experience with Sejal motors on our Ikons. So I assume they will be good with other fords too.
Johny, I see that Jaguar has already recommended Sejal Motors. For me its literally a FNG since I live a minutes walk from it. If you are interested in getting the proprietor's (Suresh) contact, just send me a PM. I will give you contact and location details. I have been going to Sejal for last 5 yrs and been a good experience. I used to take my Ikon Flair to him.
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2015, 00:48   #98
BHPian

I have a fiesta classic 1.4 which has crossed 85k kms now and I'm noticing that the engine oil consumption has increased. When I checked the level, it has gone down by half for around 5k km and I'm also noticing a drop in mileage of 2-3 kms.
Anything to check or any precautions to take so that no major damages are done? I informed the service guys couple of times about the drop in mileage but they just checked for error codes and just said everything is fine and nothing they can do!!
Old 28th September 2015, 21:41   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Johny, I see that Jaguar has already recommended Sejal Motors. For me its literally a FNG since I live a minutes walk from it. If you are interested in getting the proprietor's (Suresh) contact, just send me a PM. I will give you contact and location details. I have been going to Sejal for last 5 yrs and been a good experience. I used to take my Ikon Flair to him.
I failed to convince my friend to carry out the work here in FNGs (within Bangalore). We have managed to transfer the car from Bangalore to Muthoot Ford , Calicut. I will post the work details and cost estimation in next couple of days.
Old 19th November 2015, 10:27   #100
BHPian

Finally the work got completed in a FNG @ Calicut. Total cost is 82000. So far the car covered 1100 kms and its smooth. Mechanic asked us to visit the workshop for a general checkup and service at 1500 Km.
Old 15th March 2018, 17:13   #101
BHPian

Hello, can anyone recommend a good shop in Bangalore where I can get the engine checked and fixed? My engine consumes engine oil too fast. There is a minor oil leak, which my service guy at Bosch Rajajinagar checked and informed is not a major issue as the leak is very very tiny, but engine oil might be getting burnt. Afraid to take it to Ford as my experience with them have been very mixed. Thanks.
Old 10th April 2018, 16:24   #102
BHPian

Hello,

My Fiesta 1.4 Duratec 2006 model is struggling. I am willing to spend out some money because the resale won't fetch me anything and I would like to retain it too as my daily drive.

The problems started occurring around October last year when the radiator fan went kaput - it used to kick on/off on its own. I drove a couple times when the needle hit RED before I could stop. There was a clutch cylinder failure too around the same time and I got it done from Ford ASS. I wasn't in town for a few months and now when I drove it again - there was a white smoke from the engine bay within the first km and I immediately stopped. Saw the engine bay and the air intake pipe was not connected(had gotten lose). Ford as usual has said the engine has to be replaced - approximate damage to the pocket: 1.5L

I stay in Gurgaon and have spoken to a couple of recommended FNG's - Heera Motors, Balaji Motors and they have quoted close to 50k for an overhaul(if the need be) - which I'm sure is with duplicate spares and not sure how long that would survive.

Any other option I have that anyone could think of ?
Old 10th April 2018, 16:28   #103
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiest@DuraTec View Post
I stay in Gurgaon and have spoken to a couple of recommended FNG's
Why don't you procure the required parts and service it at any known/recommended FNG's?
Old 10th April 2018, 16:35   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Why don't you procure the required parts and service it at any known/recommended FNG's?
Hey Anurag - that is one option I am willing to try but availability of Genuine parts for Ford is still a problem - isn't it ? I don't think they sell it over the counter.

For aftermarket parts - again the same trust issues exist.
Old 10th April 2018, 16:53   #105
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiest@DuraTec View Post
Hey Anurag - that is one option I am willing to try but availability of Genuine parts for Ford is still a problem - isn't it ? I don't think they sell it over the counter.

For aftermarket parts - again the same trust issues exist.
My friend BHPian interc00led who has a Fiesta gets parts from authorised distributor in Hyderabad and gets the servicing etc done at the FNG.

No issues with parts availability so far, just that critical parts may take some time.

Gurgaon should definitely have an authorised distributor. Try finding out that.

Last edited by a4anurag : 10th April 2018 at 17:12.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks