Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2012, 14:09   #16
BHPian

Re: Suspension issue on Fiesta 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
No need for changing the coil springs. Check the ball joints. Also, the lower arm bushes.

Also, I guess at 78k your tyres should are about ~30k kms old? If so, they would also affect ride.
Thanks dhanushs,
Service guy says that lower arm bushes does not come separately....It comes as part of lower arm assembly. Lower arm is still in good condition.
Will check on the ball joints. Thanks.

Current tyres(XM1+) are running from 56k. So lot more life left in them.
Old 31st March 2012, 16:05   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by denomathew View Post
Lower arm is still in good condition.
Hi Deno,

Its usually the bushes that get damaged, and not the lower arm. And, yes, for Ford, you get only the whole lower arm, and not just the bushes.

However, if the bushes are damaged, it worth changing, for a better driving experience. After all, its no good driving a Ford with bad suspension, eh?
Old 31st March 2012, 16:06   #18
BHPian

Hi denomatthew,

Is the price of the rear shock absorbers that you mentioned (2622) per piece or for two ?
Old 31st March 2012, 16:58   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Hi Deno,

Its usually the bushes that get damaged, and not the lower arm. And, yes, for Ford, you get only the whole lower arm, and not just the bushes.

However, if the bushes are damaged, it worth changing, for a better driving experience. After all, its no good driving a Ford with bad suspension, eh?
+1 to this viewpoint.

Normally lower arms and bushes need to be changed in most cars around 50 to 75 K on the odo, given the state of our roads.

I recently got my WagonR's lower arms and bushes changed with the odo reading 60 K. I had also got the front struts changed at 55 K. The car runs like new now.
Old 3rd March 2013, 22:58   #20
BHPian

I have a suspension issue in my Fiesta 2007 TDCi. There is a thud sound everytime I go over a bad road. Over smooth bumps it breezes, but over rough patches there is thud sound. Also there is a squeaking sound from underneath the car for the past couple of months. Took it to F.A.S.S, they checked and told me that the suspension in weak and it needs an overhaul (odo reading 68K, bought the car with odo reading 55K). They quoted me 20K for 4 wheels (12K and 8K for the front and rear pair respectively). Is this the correct price?

I have no idea if the previous owner had done an overhaul. My only concern is, should I do it now and will the ride improve after this. The dealer promises ride like a new car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks