Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2005, 21:07   #16
BHPian

Tacho in hyderabad ....

I had checked out the taiwan augogauge site ... and i mailed them if i can get tachos in india. They have redirected me to my Ananth of http://www.n1engineering.com here is the mail i got from him ..
Have already replied to him, seems they are present in mumbai and bangalore ... hyderabad :-(
==========================================

Dear sir,

We are importers and distributors for Autogauge Taiwan. your inquiry for gauges has been forwarded to us. They have requested us to get in touch with you.

Please email us your requirement and we will offer you our best prices for Autogauge products. Please view the products offered on www.autogauge.com.tw or www.n1engineering.com

Kind regards,
For N1 Racing Equipment

Anant Pithawalla

Email : info@n1engineering.com
Tel: 0091 9821221791
Fax : 0091 22 24441796
==========================================
Old 14th October 2005, 12:17   #17
BHPian

I got a mail from them about auto gauge tacho with shift light ... But i feel its costly isnt it ... does a pricol tacho cost lesser ?

Dear sir,

AutoGauge tachometers are available for Diesel and petrol cars. We don't stock all the products listed on the Autogauge website.

We have a Tachometer that would work on any petrol 4-6-8 cylinder vehicle. The cost is Rs. 5850 + delivery to your city (Rs. 90) by first flight Air service( 2 working days)

Connection can be done by any automobile electrician in 15 minutes based on the wiring diagram supplied. Fitment time would depend upon your choice of area on the Dashboard.

Kind regards,
For N1 Racing Equipment

Anant Pithawalla

Email : info@n1engineering.com
Tel: 0091 9821221791
Fax : 0091 22 24441796
Old 14th October 2005, 12:20   #18
BHPian

sorry somehow the discussion is not about zen running in any more, i think i will have to continue discussing on another thread about tachos ... sometimes discussions go into another tangent , hope i could have changed the title of the first post ....

Message to Mods: Is it ok to continue on this thread or do you want me to discuss about tachos on another thread !! Since i will me doing some more research and output might come.
Old 14th October 2005, 16:48   #19
BHPian

most probably your fan belt is loose get it checked and get it adjusted... minor fault no need to worry
from engine to tacho... nice going

Last edited by streetlife : 14th October 2005 at 16:53.
Old 14th October 2005, 21:02   #20
BHPian

Actually my first service is due in another 8 days will show it to them then, actually its like when its coming back to idling it makes that noise and then its silent again (so only at a level just when it reaches idling) , will get it checked.

Regarding tachos :-( made another failed attempt, went to the shop that is "big" and stocks a lot of spares, and when i said tachometer, he scratched his head, thought for sometime, then i said its RPM meter, then he said "OH!!!" wait, went inside, came back with a smiling face, "no sir" we dont have it ...

Was wondering why he has such a big shop that too without meters ... very bad
Old 17th October 2005, 17:03   #21
BHPian

Hey gchandra, sorry bro, didn't check tbhp for last 5 days or so.

Regarding Tachos
Yup I tried in vain for pricol Tacho in some places in Hyd (Rani Gunj, Minister's Road, RajBhavan Road). I caught up with a dumb Pricol Distrubutor near Paradise, who insisted that Pricol doen't make any tachos.
Most of the guys here, sell only Autometer Tachos, where even plain jane ones cost atleast 4k.
I'm not ready to spend extra on AutoMeter tachos, for me pricol is good. I tried in some places of Bangalore, while I was there for a month. No luck.
One more thing I'm going to try is to call some Bombay Pricol no (Saw it in last month BSM) and ask about the feasibility of shipping a tacho to Hyd.
Old 18th October 2005, 07:34   #22
BHPian

Hi skidrock, thanks for the info, wanted to reply back last night but team-bhp was down :-(
Actually i have located a few dealers in yellow pages. Will call them today and see what they have to say ! But most probably i will make sure i will also ask my dealer (saboo maruti), if they can get it installed (since i do not want to harm my 4 year (2 more extended) warranty ) for the mods that i get done from any roadside dealer.

But i am damn crazy about this .. also i would get the left mirror installed, i am very much used to it and Lxi doesnt come with that...
Old 19th October 2005, 07:27   #23
BHPian

Tacho no use

Back to the Tacho ...
Found out from the maruti dealers technical guru. He said its not possible to fit a tachometer in Zen Lxi or for that matter in any car that doesnt come with factory fitted tacho. Reason : It needs a wire from engine , and it will be a voilation of warrant and after that warranty would be void. (of course i dont want to do that i have 4 years of warranty) ...

so guys, my plans to buy and install a tacho have been laid to rest ... so others too please be careful and cautious, you will end up losing your warranty . There is no need of a tacho, and experience will teach on how to understand the engine by seeing it perform.

The only thing i feel sad is that every discussion mentions rpm, somthing i cant measure ....
Old 19th October 2005, 07:40   #24
BHPian

Sorry wrong place to continue this discussion, there is another one going on tachos ...

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?p=131016

So lets seal the Zen Running In thread with m-seal (atleast in tacho discussions) :-)

Maybe we can continue on the other thread, where there might be more valuable points coming out ...

thanks

Last edited by gchandra : 19th October 2005 at 07:42.
Old 19th October 2005, 13:06   #25

try to get ur belt tensed by a slight amount.if that doesnt help some sort of greasiness might be prsent in the pulleys try gettin them cleaned.i hope that might solve ur problem.....basically the chances of gettin ur prob solved is 90% if u get ur engine belt tensed a little more
Old 7th January 2007, 17:56   #26
BANNED

try changing a different brand of belts ,might be samson

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks