Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2010, 17:32   #1
BHPian

Wagon R AC Problem

I am posting this on behalf of my dad, he owns a 2003 Wagon R with around 40,000 km on odo.

Recently the car's AC is behaving in a strange manner, as soon as they turn it on, first a whistle kind of sound comes, and then the compressor kicks in, in say 5-10 minutes the compressor shuts down with the engine heated more than half way mark. Shut the AC down and the temperature becomes normal.

My dad took the car to a mechanic who noticed that the AC relay in the car's junction box is tripping in sometime.

Before taking it to the dealership he wanted me to find out through this forum what the problem might be.

P.S - soon I would ask him to sign up here.
Old 23rd April 2010, 18:13   #2
BHPian

It could be low level of refrigerant (freon Gas) or a dying coil.
if the car is not covered in warranty, Visiting any A.C. mechanic would be much cheaper than M.A.S.S.
Old 30th April 2010, 12:54   #3
BHPian

The issue is resolved now, all that was required was a high pressure wash of the AC radiator and the car radiator itself, the overheating was due to clogged fins,

Guys try this before taking to an AC mechanic, who might burn a hole in your pocket
Old 22nd March 2016, 17:43   #4

Re: Wagon R AC Problem

I have a weird problem in my Wagon R (Blue eyed boy). When AC is running for a long time (at times even after 1 hour of running), I get smell of petrol in the car. This doesn't happen always but there have been few occasions when this has happened. I am sure this has nothing to do with the surroundings e.g. smell from outside creeping in or after getting tanked up etc.
Planning to get it checked during annual service in June; however wanted to check if any of the members on the forum have come across this issue and what could be the possible reason.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks