Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2007, 14:33   #31
BHPian

mmmm. I wish I could see more remedies under this thread as the thread promised...
Old 12th December 2007, 15:11   #32
BHPian

Throwing cold water on a hot radiator or AC condenser may cause them to rupture due to sudden change in temperature, would not recommend it as a regular remedy.
Old 12th December 2007, 15:27   #33
Team-BHP Support

Many Uses of Coca-Cola

The Many Uses of Coca-Cola

1. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl. let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous china.

2. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a crumpled-up piece of Reynolds wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.

3. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminal to bubble away the corrosion.

4. To loosen a rusty bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.

5. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan; wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.

6. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of Coke into a load greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle.

7. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.

AND WE DRINK THIS STUFF:

FYI- The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. It's pa is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about 4 days.

The distributors of coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years.

Drink up.
Jaggu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th December 2007, 16:23   #34
BHPian

Jaggu, Have you tried these remedies yourself? Or is it a Hoax mail talking bad about coke? Dissolving a nail in 4 days- is this true? I think this is not true. However I will try this one when I get my coke next time. My nails are long enough to try this acid test..... I will comment after 4-5 days...!!!!
Old 12th December 2007, 16:58   #35
BHPian

people believe the chain emails way too much these days.
cola removing grease from your clothes, wow someone try it and let us know.
the best one is the first, use coke to clean your toilet, its a lot healthier than drinking it
Old 12th December 2007, 18:46   #36
Team-BHP Support

i think some of is true, if you google you will get the scintific facts behind how coke works.

And am not advocating any of this and its not a email chain
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2007, 19:14   #37
BANNED

For non-working wipers:-
1. Wipe tobacco from any source.
2. Rub soap (any kind) on the surface.

For shallow scratches on glass.
Use blue (cloth whitener power) and rub with a cloth on the scratch (this is a mild corrosive action on the glass, and can cause some refraction irregularities on the area where you rub. so recommended only for very local application.
Old 12th December 2007, 19:36   #38
BHPian

Tiger excrement???? Now where does one source this without exposing oneself to serous bodily harm.
raul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2007, 19:38   #39
Team-BHP Support

OT: Bribe a zoo keeper
Old 12th December 2007, 19:44   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunkumar_rec View Post
Jaggu, Have you tried these remedies yourself? Or is it a Hoax mail talking bad about coke? Dissolving a nail in 4 days- is this true? I think this is not true. However I will try this one when I get my coke next time. My nails are long enough to try this acid test..... I will comment after 4-5 days...!!!!
True. My little cousin did this recently as a class experiment.
rohan_fonseca is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2007, 19:58   #41
Senior - BHPian

Ive heard/seen Baleno power try this. Usually power windows get stuck or go up real slowly once they become old. So what he did was spray WD40 near the cill of the window and it did work. Went up smoothly till the WD40 remained. A week or so.
danlalan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2007, 20:02   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
i think some of is true, if you google you will get the scintific facts behind how coke works.

And am not advocating any of this and its not a email chain
the chrome part is true.. they had done it on mythbusters
Old 13th December 2007, 00:52   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
Ive heard/seen Baleno power try this. Usually power windows get stuck or go up real slowly once they become old. So what he did was spray WD40 near the cill of the window and it did work. Went up smoothly till the WD40 remained. A week or so.
A spray specifically for the purpose is avalaible too. Called a window dresser if i am not mistaken.
Old 13th December 2007, 15:15   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa View Post
If you are goin to a place where there are crowds and ppl would tend to touch and rest their rear ends on ur car, then its always better not to get ur car washed in the morning and leave it dirty and dusty except for the glasses people tend to get attracted towards shiny looking clean cars no one would actually come and touch a dusty looking car.

I follow the same religiously. But the downside to this is people who will come and write their names on the dust, and in the process slight scratches to the paint.
benbsb29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2007, 15:40   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I ollow the same religiously. But the downside to this is people who will come and write their names on the dust, and in the process slight scratches to the paint.
Con of having a dark color car.

Most Viewed