Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2010, 13:24   #1
BHPian

Zen Mh 410 A/c gas availbility

Dear Friends

My Zen 1997 MH410's Ac gas is exhausted and the local mechanic says that I will have to change the condenser and other misc. parts as the 12 nr. ac gas is now not available and i will have to use RS 20 nr. gas , so for the same i'll have to replace all these parts.

He says it would cost me 5000 rs. and i'm not sure whether he is right or just misguiding me.Please suggest what should I do?

Rgds
Braveheart

Toyota Innova VX(2009)
Chevy Spark PS(2009)
M. Zen (1997)
Honda Unicorn (2006)
Old 2nd May 2010, 15:06   #2
BHPian

Even I was told by MASS the same thing, I was told to sell off the car, mine is 2003 MPFI zen.
I went to top up the AC gas as my ac was not cooling.
any way I will be selling off the car very soon. Can someone put some light on this.

Also I would every one to put a word or two regarding the cooling of their car ac. As every one knows that this time the summer temp is way above normal, we tend to put our car ac on full blast. Zen ac is the worst performer. Till now my zen ac worked very well, but this summer the cooling is not good.
Now my question, is everyone facing the same problem with their car ac.
Old 3rd May 2010, 10:47   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaydesai View Post
Even I was told by MASS the same thing, I was told to sell off the car, mine is 2003 MPFI zen.
I went to top up the AC gas as my ac was not cooling.
any way I will be selling off the car very soon. Can someone put some light on this.

Also I would every one to put a word or two regarding the cooling of their car ac. As every one knows that this time the summer temp is way above normal, we tend to put our car ac on full blast. Zen ac is the worst performer. Till now my zen ac worked very well, but this summer the cooling is not good.
Now my question, is everyone facing the same problem with their car ac.
Guys,

I am accepting replies from zen owners

please do post your experience regarding your car ac performance this summer.
Old 3rd May 2010, 14:09   #4
BHPian

Guys,
Just yesterday I had filled my 118NE AC unit with R12 gas.
It should be available with any fridge repair guy.
Authorized service guys might be having the R134.
Old 3rd May 2010, 14:40   #5
BHPian

Last summer I got my M1000 AC serviced with R12 gas, its still available at local AC workshops. Also some parts change in existing system can allow R134A gas to be used which was told to me by the workshop and it works. 5000 looks on the higher side, I don't remember the quote but it was much less.

Best will be to get R12 gas from reputed source (impure gas are there in market which cause leaks in system and gas escapes out very soon) and see how the AC works.

Cost of R12 gas paid by me was Rs.600
Old 3rd May 2010, 14:56   #6
Senior - BHPian

Just bought back my old zen .The AC doesnt cool anything else except the vents .I will be getting this fixed tomorrow,will update you on this
Old 3rd May 2010, 15:07   #7
BHPian

@speedsatya, please do update your experience here as also the contact details if any. I too have a 98 model Zen which performs exceedingly well except for the AC. In some ways, the engine of Zen matches or even betters the current 1.2L ones in terms of performance except the Suzuki ones (based on TD's I have had), hence I don't think its worthwhile to change this car merely due to AC.
Old 4th May 2010, 00:50   #8
BHPian

Thanks guys for the info,but I need more info on all this stuff as my problem is not solved as yet.

Rgds
Braveheart

Toyota Innova VX(2009)
Chevy Spark PS(2009)
M. Zen (1997)
Honda Unicorn (2006)
Old 9th May 2010, 00:30   #9

Hi guys,
I am also facing the same problem and thinking of getting the AC condenser(not sure if it's called condenser) replaced. I have a zen 2002 MPFI and the A/c performance is pathetic. Last year I talked to MASS(Naraina) and they gave an estimate of around 5-6K (for changing the kit, need to confirm what he meant by kit) as R12 gas is no longer available at MASS. I did not go for the change last time but will definitely be doing something about this now.
Please let me know if it is advisable to go for a complete change or are there any other viable options(local mechanic etc). If anyone is aware of good local mechanics in Delhi, please provide their contact info as well.
Thanks in advance.

-Manish

Last edited by mguliani : 9th May 2010 at 00:40.
Old 9th May 2010, 15:32   #10
BHPian

I have a Zen Lxi 2004 model and i got my A/C serviced and the gas refilled and the total amount i paid was only Rs. 1200. I got it done from a local roadside A/C service center who also services car A/C. He used a Dupont R134a gas in a smal canister to refill the gas in my car. The cost he said per canister was about Rs. 700-800 and one canister is enough for one car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks