Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2012, 00:53   #31
Senior - BHPian

alternate was about 5k.
gigy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2012, 22:55   #32
BHPian

Re: Baleno engine vibration

Hi Guys. Was getting remote locking installed on my '05 (65K kms) Baleno Vxi today when I noticed oil leakage on the engine. Also a couple of the bolts highlighted in the pics are also missing in action. Does it look like something serious?
Attached Thumbnails
Baleno engine vibration-img_20120701_153602.jpg  

Baleno engine vibration-img_20120701_154400.jpg  

Old 30th July 2012, 03:55   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy View Post
got a chance to replace the ecu yesterday but the vibrations in idle when ac comes on remain. still not finding time to replace timing belt. replaced three of the engine mounts. right one is remaining due no stock.
Gigy. so was the vibration issue finally addressed? If yes, how?
Old 30th July 2012, 04:09   #34
Senior - BHPian

vibrations are still existing but little less after changing over to normal oil and normal petrol. will have to do a top overhaul of engine to fix it
Old 8th March 2013, 18:31   #35

I have a 2003 Baleno converted to CNG (2 years back) - mine's always had the vibration issue, which disappears now and then. when it disappears the car runs smooth as silk.

surprisingly, the vibration is more pronounced when running on Petrol - the exact description is like the exhaust is touching the body somewhere which transfers the engine vibration directly to the body. I think the CNG tuning is done with a lower air flow, which may be the cause of the higher vibration levels in petrol.

my mechanic has diagnosed the issue to be engine mounts which cost almost 15 k for the whole set and hence I have not replaced them yet as I am not sure whether that will solve the issue.

suggestions on any "jugaad" ideas that may work e.g. a thick rubber dampener over the mounts - ala diesel engines?

Most Viewed