Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2010, 21:50   #1

LPG KIT on Honda City!!!

Hi Team,
This is my first posting on the forum. I own an old type I Honda City 1.5 EXI, i have recently got a LPG kit fitted to it. The vehicle is running smooth and apparently there is no power loss in city driving also however on low RPM's the vehicle viberates a LOTTTTTT and also i am feeling that the ac is not as effective as it is on Petrol ( this can be my assumption). Also what should be a good milage to expect on LPG as i stricltly buy the gas from the petrol pump.
I am planning a long trip( 2000 Kms approx) so what all pre travelling check ups should I undergo?
If there are any members from INDORE can anybody suggest a good mechanic to handel my car as my mech says that the gas wala will tune and the gas wala says that it is a mech's job.

Thanks
Old 12th May 2010, 11:56   #2
Senior - BHPian

Is it idling fine in Petrol mode? If yes, you probably need to increase the idling rpm in LPG mode. I guess there will be a knob to increase and decrease the rpm in the LPG unit fitted in the engine bay.
Old 13th May 2010, 15:46   #3
BHPian

You should be getting more than 12 kmpl for highway trips. In the city it will definitely go down.
@ dinu2506 : Can you please tell me where to find the knob for controlling the RPM in the LPG unit ? A pic would help !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks