Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2010, 12:59   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmanaman View Post
Good to know the issue is isolated, however check the below as well.

Fuel Pump, fule filter or Fuel lines.
Thanks, will do that while doing the checkup

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj.barcode View Post
great to know your issue is resolved Bobby!
Raj, issue is only isoloated for now, but not resolved.. Please share details if you know someone who can fix it without burning a hole in my pocket
Old 19th May 2010, 13:34   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
...I think I have pinned down the issue (but not fixed), as pointed out by HappyWheels it is the immobilizer...

Quote:
... I am just back after a Kerala trip (got the issue many times but was lucky to get it started always) and I am planning to take the car to Hyundai showroom on the weekend...
Kind of risky, but good to know it started after couple of tries.

Quote:
...Issue is happening with both the keys so it should got to do with the chip reading unit fitted in the key assembly...
Not sure, but I think the reader is available as a independent unit and it can be 'taught' to acknowledge the existing code.

Quote:
... I am not sure how much it is going to cost (sure that Hyundai will suggest a replacement and not any repair) and my car is out of warranty period.

It will be of great help if you can suggest any mechanics in Bangalore who are experts in Key immobilizers.
Quote:
... Please share details if you know someone who can fix it without burning a hole in my pocket
Bobby,

Please do not take this to an independent mechanic unless you, or the person who has recommended him, are absolutely sure of the person and of his expertise.

Take it to the HASS; it might be worth the money spent.

PS: Are you at the new campus, if so, lets meet.
Old 19th May 2010, 15:50   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post

Not sure, but I think the reader is available as a independent unit and it can be 'taught' to acknowledge the existing code.

Bobby,

Please do not take this to an independent mechanic unless you, or the person who has recommended him, are absolutely sure of the person and of his expertise.

Take it to the HASS; it might be worth the money spent.

PS: Are you at the new campus, if so, lets meet.
Thanks for all the inputs, I should be in GV from next week, will PM you and we will meet
Old 20th May 2010, 12:39   #19
Senior - BHPian

Took the car to HAAS (Trident on Kanakpura road) today. For the first time the problem appeared when the technician was checking the car (generally by Murphy’s law the issue never surfaces when you are at the garage). Hooked to the ECU our finding of the Key Immobilizer malfunction was confirmed.

They did the code teaching procedure for both the keys, after couple of attempts with errors finally looks like the keys have learned its lesson. I am told to use the vehicle, if the issue reappears both the keys and the receiver unit need to be replaced (hope the keys won’t forget their lessons). I had heard from my friend who had a similar experience with his Skoda that the costs was around 40 K, but thank god for Elantra it is only 8.5K

Thanks again for all your advices.
Old 20th May 2010, 12:55   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Took the car to HAAS (Trident on Kanakpura road) today. For the first time the problem appeared when the technician was checking the car (generally by Murphy’s law the issue never surfaces when you are at the garage). Hooked to the ECU our finding of the Key Immobilizer malfunction was confirmed.

They did the code teaching procedure for both the keys, after couple of attempts with errors finally looks like the keys have learned its lesson. I am told to use the vehicle, if the issue reappears both the keys and the receiver unit need to be replaced (hope the keys won’t forget their lessons). I had heard from my friend who had a similar experience with his Skoda that the costs was around 40 K, but thank god for Elantra it is only 8.5K

Thanks again for all your advices.
Iam having the same problem as well. The car just refuses to start as though someone is cutting the fuel supply. I knew the problem was with the code sensors but havent been able to get it corrected completely.
Old 20th May 2010, 14:06   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by princezahed View Post
Iam having the same problem as well. The car just refuses to start as though someone is cutting the fuel supply. I knew the problem was with the code sensors but havent been able to get it corrected completely.
I think you can confirm your diagnosis by looking at the dash board indicator for Key Immobilizer. In Elantra it is supposed to the glow when you insert the key (only if the chip is detected) and goes off after starting. In my case when it was giving the problem the indicator was not glowing. I am not sure whether this is the case with all makes, which car is giving this problem for you princezahed?
Old 22nd May 2010, 12:20   #22
BHPian

Quote:
I think you can confirm your diagnosis by looking at the dash board indicator for Key Immobilizer. In Elantra it is supposed to the glow when you insert the key (only if the chip is detected) and goes off after starting. In my case when it was giving the problem the indicator was not glowing. I am not sure whether this is the case with all makes, which car is giving this problem for you princezahed?
mine is an elantra crdi as well. My brother has a lot of trouble getting it started but thankfully for me it doesnt often happen. as you mentioned the light goes on if the key is detected and only then it starts, otherwise it doesnt.
princezahed is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks