Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2005, 13:32   #31
DRC
BHPian

May be, the imported ones follow the industry spandard specifications.. But I doubt the local ones like autocop may be just implementations of purpose.

BTW, there are no indian standards for Keyless entry specs here as I know.

Worldwide they have to use 27MHz or 45 MHz carrier for the keyless entry.

Going by this the phone trick may not work with Skoda, Merc or any other international brands factory fitted ones..

Those who have such cars, please try and let me know!
Old 20th October 2005, 13:38   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord
I have the Maruti Nipppon system. This can be programmed so that the car doors automatically lock 30 sec after the ignition is turned off and the last door closes. You could theoretically have the key in the car in such a case.

I was warned by the dealer to be careful I have the key with me, so I have disarmed this feature, precisely to avoid being locked out.

is this the same system where the doors lock automatically when u turn the ignition on aswell.

Experienced this on my uncles Scorpio.

IMO, it could be dangerous to get all doors locked during driving.

I've heard of a cielo with 5 people in who got burned alive because the automatic door locks didint open when the car caught fire after an accident.

Sorry for being Off Topic.
Old 20th October 2005, 14:55   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rishi
is this the same system where the doors lock automatically when u turn the ignition on aswell.

Experienced this on my uncles Scorpio.

IMO, it could be dangerous to get all doors locked during driving.

I've heard of a cielo with 5 people in who got burned alive because the automatic door locks didint open when the car caught fire after an accident.

Sorry for being Off Topic.

does this happen will all the remote locking systems.i have auto cop for the zen.it lock automatically whenyou turn the ignition on and unlocks when turned of and yeah after a couple of minutes it locks again.some times i turn the ignition off but keep the music on and it still locks.thats bad in a way.

and i have something similar in the baleno which i got for the dealer itself.it locks when you turn on the ignition and and unlocks when turned off but it doesnt lock automatically after a while.

Rev
Old 20th October 2005, 15:07   #34
Senior - BHPian

Prank Mail ?

Hai Bruce and PPl,

What a ride everyone has on this mail..........

Only last week we got sucked into a mail loop like this; had our entire office spooked with ppl discussing this till kingdome comes and some Rambos even trying it out on the parking lot....... you should have seen the circus.

Ultimately somebody circulated this URL and boy....... you should have seen the suckoo silence (me too). We're still chasin the bimbo who started the loop......... he's on leave !!!!!!!!!! Pl. hit the URL and read on.......

http://www.snopes.com/autos/techno/keyless.asp[/url]

I think before we lift-off on one of these mails we need to cool it and check out and see if its earthed properly.

--Ramky.
-----------------
Old 20th October 2005, 19:16   #35
BHPian

Well, it does...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil
Thats really hard to belive.
I had read this article a whlie back and i think its total BS.
I'm not trying to prove a prove a point - like I said, I tried it and it works. I believe what I see - maybe you should try it as well when you get a chance.
Old 21st October 2005, 04:24   #36
BHPian

well so far as i know ..it doesnot seem like a fool proof method...and everyone inthe thread had mentioned the "trail and error" scenario...i say expereince is the best teacher...and that will prevent us from forgetting it.

on ting about maruthis though...u could take the window lining out and insert a hanger near to the left corner of the sill and keep sliding it till u hit a piece of metal...gently yanking it repeatedly has helped me on various occasions to take my keys put..tried it on my cielo, zen , amby...that really works..all u need is a long ruler...and u r on u r way..!
Old 21st October 2005, 20:09   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
But here is the flaw in the logic... All cellphone transmissions are done after A2D conversion which will eliminate any possibility of stray harmonics beyond 4KHz frequency. Therefore they can't get a free ride.
It does not work....!! practically impossible!
Old 21st October 2005, 20:15   #38
BHPian

?
Mate what cell phone do you use? ;-)
Old 22nd October 2005, 05:39   #39
BHPian

As far as i know, it a infra sound signal that the sensor picks up. So i am sure this cell phone trick should work.

But the best way of figuring it out would be test it out
Old 22nd October 2005, 13:25   #40
BHPian

What is a infra sound signal ?????
Old 24th October 2005, 01:18   #41
Senior - BHPian

Ppl.........ppl.........,

This doesnt work... I have tried all combinations thro the phone. Technically its impossible....... if anyone is interested, I can send yoodles of stuff to tell u why it won't work. Just let it ride and pick up another wave OK?

---Ramky

Most Viewed