Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2010, 22:01   #1
BHPian

What is the red light flashing on alarm switch on Swift?

Hi,

After locking the swift using the 'lock' button on the remote, i can see the red light flashing on the Alarm switch. What is that for? Am I missing something?

Thanks for your help,

Narayanan
Old 18th May 2010, 22:19   #2
Senior - BHPian

Please read the manual. The newer lot of cars from Suzuki have an ICATS security system installed. It could be a theft deterrent indicator that is flashing.

On the old Ford Fusion the key fob has a chip built in and a similar light starts flashing in the instrument cluster only when the key is with you. Not otherwise. So if you approach the car without the keys, it does not flash.

Try walking up to the car without the keys to check if this light keeps blinking. If it still is it could just be a theft deterrent system.
Old 19th May 2010, 09:37   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Please read the manual. The newer lot of cars from Suzuki have an ICATS security system installed. It could be a theft deterrent indicator that is flashing.

On the old Ford Fusion the key fob has a chip built in and a similar light starts flashing in the instrument cluster only when the key is with you. Not otherwise. So if you approach the car without the keys, it does not flash.

Try walking up to the car without the keys to check if this light keeps blinking. If it still is it could just be a theft deterrent system.
Hi Sandeep,

tried approaching it without the keys and can still see the red blinks on the alarm switch. surprisingly, there is no note about the Alarm switch in the Swift manual !

guess will have to drive down to a garage and clarify my doubt!
Old 19th May 2010, 10:34   #4
BHPian

The red flashing light on the alarm button indicates that the vehicle is 'Armed', or on other words, the security system of the car is active. The panic alarm, ignition cut off etc are 'on' so to say.

If you lock the car manually, i.e using the key, this red light wont flash, showing the the vehicle is not 'Armed'.

Last edited by akash_m : 19th May 2010 at 10:36.
Old 19th May 2010, 12:39   #5
BHPian

Thanks Sandeep & Akash for the information.

I too had visited the nearby MASS and spoke to the advisor regarding this. which ofcourse matches what you both have explained to me.

MODS kindly close this thread as my query is answered.

Thanks for the support.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks