Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2005, 22:25   #1
BHPian

Dark liquid dripping ... from exhaust and starting trouble .. new ZEN

I had left my car (maruti zen mpfi new 570kms run till now , first service due on saturday) for more than 24 hours and then when i started in the evening it cranked but failed to start. then i tried again ... same thing. then next time it started but in 2 seconds it died again. then i tried next time .. no luck , this time i cracked it for around 5-6 seconds .. and it came to life .. so around 4-5 times i had to crack .... Then i moved it from one part of the parking lot to another. Then when i started its working normally starting in 1 cracking ... Actually in the past 1 month this is the second time its happening.. it happended last time when i kept for > 48 hours without driving. Actually its a new building with quite a lot of construction activing going on at times ... Actually it never failed to start in my office. In a month i had 2 such issues.

Also I observed today that a dark watery liquid was dripping from the exhaust ... any issues ? please help...

Its service time on saturday .. what should i tell the service men ?
Old 20th October 2005, 23:02   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gchandra
I had left my car (maruti zen mpfi new 570kms run till now , first service due on saturday) for more than 24 hours and then when i started in the evening it cranked but failed to start. then i tried again ... same thing. then next time it started but in 2 seconds it died again. then i tried next time .. no luck , this time i cracked it for around 5-6 seconds .. and it came to life .. so around 4-5 times i had to crack .... Then i moved it from one part of the parking lot to another. Then when i started its working normally starting in 1 cracking ... Actually in the past 1 month this is the second time its happening.. it happended last time when i kept for > 48 hours without driving. Actually its a new building with quite a lot of construction activing going on at times ... Actually it never failed to start in my office. In a month i had 2 such issues.

Also I observed today that a dark watery liquid was dripping from the exhaust ... any issues ? please help...

Its service time on saturday .. what should i tell the service men ?
I'm sitting here typing this post and also laughing badly
Dude, chill....it aint any problem....
a mpfi engine does emit water from the exhaust and if u take a short spin and park the car, u can see droplets of water from the exhaust....its also seen inthe morning...
Ok, regarding tge cranking....its an mpfi engine again, so dare not step ur leg on the accelerator....coz the system starts only when the throttle is closed....try this and see if ur engine fails to crank...

Now to avoid a possible confusion again(this might be ur next post), u might also feel that in the mornings or after a long break, the engine idles a lot nd also feels very sluggish when u floor the throttle.....now dont be surprised, coz this is just the auto-choke mode and will slowly vanish exact;y after arnd 2 mins of idling the engine......The mpfi zen is still one of the sweetest cars that run without any probs!
Old 21st October 2005, 07:26   #3
BHPian

Thanks once again :-) You people have such great knowledge i must appreciate that.

Actually yes i am very careful not to accelerate till the engine comes to life, there is a big sticker mentioning that its an MPFI so dont accelerate while starting :-)
The moment it comes to life, the engine automatically raises its volume and autoaccelerates (raises its throttle - in technical terms)

Man this MPFI engine will never fail to surprise me !!!
Old 21st October 2005, 09:17   #4
BANNED

Remember, short trips on a cold engine kills it, make sure to see the temp gauge come to operating level before putting load/hard acceleration on the engine. Typical bad habits of revving the engine at start up with the oil hardly in the valve-train or cylinders or revving before shut down is sure way to kill engines, turbos will die sooner that way.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks