Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2015, 17:30   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Vibrations in Corolla

^^ the problem is with the clutch.

How many kms has the car done?Where did you get the clutch replaced?

Ideally the flywheel should be inspected and if the contact surface isn't smooth, it should be faced before the new clutch is installed.
vigsom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2015, 18:56   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
Ideally the flywheel should be inspected and if the contact surface isn't smooth, it should be faced before the new clutch is installed.
Thanks will get it checked again for the flywheel. I got it done from a workshop in Saket M/S Perfect Automobiles. its done 47k kms till now.
Old 15th November 2015, 21:03   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aparajit10 View Post
Hello Everyone.

I am facing a somewhat similar problem. I currently own a 2010 Corolla Altis petrol which i picked from a friend very recently. I changed the entire suspension setup , front shocks and the clutch plates, pressure plates and the clutch bearings after the purchase. Now this is the first time I have owned a Toyota vehicle and i believe each car behaves differently so it did not strike me at first till I came across this post. So here goes - Ideally when a vehicle is in first gear and the clutch is released even without pressing the throttle the car should start moving. That is how I am used to get my cars moving from stagnation. However with the Corolla I realized that you have to press the throttle slightly otherwise there is a lot of vibration and this gets really problematic in bumper to bumper traffic. I got the throttle body cleaned but to no avail. What else can I do top get this fixed.

Also one more issue that I face is that ideally when we press the clutch pedal the tacho should drop immediately. However i feel in my car it kind of keeps rising for a nano second and then drops on leaving the throttle and pressing the clutch.
Besides these minor niggles the car runs perfectly smooth and I have not noticed any issues with the pick up or any other aspect of the vehicle.

Would request your help in troubleshooting this problem.

Thanks in advance
What are you describing is problem of clutch plates. The clutch plates are not aligned properly with pressure plate. From where did you got the clutch work done, was it from Toyota or Aftermarket?

If you don't get this rectified, your pickup and fuel efficiency will suffer along with vibrations
amitpunjani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2015, 22:20   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitpunjani View Post
What are you describing is problem of clutch plates. The clutch plates are not aligned properly with pressure plate. From where did you got the clutch work done, was it from Toyota or Aftermarket?
If you don't get this rectified, your pickup and fuel efficiency will suffer along with vibrations

Thanks a ton. Will go to the service centre tomorrow with this info and then inform the forum of the progress.
Old 23rd November 2015, 15:29   #20

Thank you so much for pin pointing the problem exactly . the flywheel needed facing which wasn't done. Once I got that done the problem is gone. However the other issue still remains. Ideally when the clutch is pressed the tachometer should drop while shifting gears . But I feel the RPM still continues to rise for maybe a nano second and then drops. I got the throttle body cleaned as well. This doesn't happen if I leave the throttle then press the clutch while shifting gears. Is this normal? Please advise !!
Old 25th November 2015, 16:37   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ the drop in rpm when clutch is depressed is gradual in the Corolla ; by design.

I have experienced the same phenomenon and would advise you not to worry.

You will notice the same in the Opel Corsa too.
vigsom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2015, 16:57   #22

Quote:
^^ the drop in rpm when clutch is depressed is gradual in the Corolla ; by design.

I have experienced the same phenomenon and would advise you not to worry.

You will notice the same in the Opel Corsa too.
Thank you So much. I just ran from pillar to post today taking my car to three different mechanics and some jumped at the idea of easy money and tried to address the issue. However a trip to Galaxy Toyota cleared all my doubts and they said the exact same thing. Thanks a ton for your help.
Old 26th November 2015, 00:29   #23

Just out of curiosity , doesnt this mean that the clutch on the Altis would wear out faster than other vehicles because it is not practically possible in bumper to bumper traffic to always take your foot off the throttle while engaging gears. Is there a specific reason for this ? I just got this car and I am actually having to unlearn whatever I know about driving. Apologies for multiple and repetitive questions but I take great pride in understanding how my vehicle behaves and am a bit too cautious lest something may be wrong. While accelerating hard the Tacho shoots up considerably in the Corolla while changing gears. Any BHPian who can shed a little more light on this? Any links to any reading material would also go a long way in pacifying my anxious soul.
Old 29th March 2016, 14:32   #24

Hi. I wasn't very happy with the clutch of my Altis (petrol) so got the whole work done from a Kumar and Harvinder in Vasant Kunj. They were recommended by Tyler in one of the posts on team BHP. The clutch plate and pressure plates were changed and the flywheel was faced. The bearing was good so that wasn't changed. Now the clutch is way smoother and it feels that car has a better pick up also. However on releasing the clutch I still get vibrations from the car. Is that natural? should I be giving more time to the clutch to adjust. right now the car has barely done about 150~200 kms since the overhaul. The mechanics checked it and said that I would need to press the throttle a bit to start from a halt. The vibrations go away if I press the throttle slightly. Please advice
Old 30th March 2016, 19:22   #25

Quote:

Hi. I wasn't very happy with the clutch of my Altis (petrol) so got the whole work done from a Kumar and Harvinder in Vasant Kunj. They were recommended by Tyler in one of the posts on team BHP. The clutch plate and pressure plates were changed and the flywheel was faced. The bearing was good so that wasn't changed.I also checked that the clutch and pressure plates were aligned correctly with the flywheel. Now the clutch is way smoother and it feels that car has a better pick up also. However on releasing the clutch I still get vibrations from the car. Is that natural for a new clutch? should I be giving more time to the clutch to adjust. right now the car has barely done about 150~200 kms since the overhaul. On engaging the first gear from standstill the car vibrates a lot if the throttle isnt used.I have to make a very conscious effort to press the throttle slightly more than usual to get the car moving.Please advice

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks