Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2010, 19:38   #16
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

I started from home at 1310hrs with a full tank with a DTE reading of 558kms (the fuel guage was stuck at a pont above the last but one point while refilling). It was a nonstop drive of 235kms (since we had to reach a temple before it closes) and at the end the DTE was showing 576kms.

After a further 160kms (a total of 395kms) when I went for a filling it was showing 412kms. It took in 21L giving a 18.85kpl figure.

After the filling it showed 705kms. A drive back home was 223kms and at the end it was showing 549km. It took in 15.11L giving 14.76kpl.

I have not found a fool proof method to co elate with the mileage.

I use tank full method (brim) to get my fuel efficiency figures.
Old 9th July 2010, 14:59   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Uff.
Thank god for this thread!!
Im a 2 day old owner of an '06 Sxi, and the DTE had me fidgeting on the gurgaon expressway.On a two kilometer service road to get onto the main expressway, it went from 55 to 43!!(not going tanfull yet, cos the car is going for a service tomorrow and i've stayed back for the servicing of my earlier vehicles, and have seen how much your car imitates a radio-cab if it has a full load), and i was like eh???
and then a 40 minute accelerate-brake "n" times brought it 32!!
and i could see a python of a jam beyond the tollgates!

so, i am ignoring the dte for now, and going by my santro's method of filling up when the reserve light comes on.

one more question though,how do you reset the mileage counter.i've tried everything, and my conclusion is that it is broken(unless there's some secret phrase that has to be uttered while manipulating it with your feet!!)
seriously.

you see, my santro's been,well, mine for close to 9 years now, and it was very basic, OE wise.

PS: That car that JC drove where he tested the DTE as well was the A8, with the deadbody removed from the trunk.
weight-saving, you see.

Last edited by mayankk : 9th July 2010 at 15:11. Reason: addition.
Old 12th July 2010, 10:26   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Im a 2 day old owner of an '06 Sxi, and the DTE had me fidgeting on the gurgaon expressway.On a two kilometer service road to get onto the main expressway, it went from 55 to 43!!(not going tanfull yet, cos the car is going for a service tomorrow and i've stayed back for the servicing of my earlier vehicles, and have seen how much your car imitates a radio-cab if it has a full load), and i was like eh???
and then a 40 minute accelerate-brake "n" times brought it 32!!
and i could see a python of a jam beyond the tollgates!
I have been a silent bearer of the DTE dance in my Fiesta and these days I dont look at the figures in order to avoind lumps in my throat.

so, i am ignoring the dte for now, and going by my santro's method of filling up when the reserve light comes on. Good for you. The manual guage in my earlier Santro was more than perfect and I still admire the same.

one more question though,how do you reset the mileage counter.i've tried everything, and my conclusion is that it is broken(unless there's some secret phrase that has to be uttered while manipulating it with your feet!!) You can do two things - one press the black knob on the dashboard for more than five sec and see the trip meter indicator going zero or rub an old lamp and wait for the genie to do the same.
Mayank, my comments in bold.
Old 12th July 2010, 11:13   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

@ghodlur: thanks man!!

So, i read the odo the script of harry potter(yuck), and it seems magic does not work. oh man, i am having so much fun with this car!!

First 3 box since the padmini, you see. One of my friends bought an accent (2010). I dont know what theyve done to it, hyundai, but it just didnt have that plush feeling as compared to the 4 year old fiesta, anybody else feel the same?

I liked the accent, almost bought it, but found the ford. Have they messed up the Accent to bring it to that 5 L bracket??
dont know.

@ghodlur: Sorry, one other query (helping you to the 500 number, see), the santro had another 80-100 to go after the reserve came up. How much does the fiesta have post the dte going to 0??

Thanks guys. you cant belive how much of a help tbhp is!!!!

Someday i too will be yoda!!

Last edited by Jaggu : 12th July 2010 at 11:20. Reason: Please take time preview and use proper punctuations before submitting, helps in readability. Thanks
Old 12th July 2010, 12:34   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@ghodlur: Sorry, one other query (helping you to the 500 number, see), the santro had another 80-100 to go after the reserve came up. How much does the fiesta have post the dte going to 0??
Mayank,
Cant exactly say in Santro how much will the car run once in reserve, but I used to refuel once the guage indicator touched the red area.
In case of Fiesta though the low fuel indication will come when the DTE reads 80 and it means that there is a reserve fuel of say 5-6 ltrs approx and this is the right time to Refuel. Although I had once gone down to 28 on DTE and when I refuelled the tank full took 40 lts which means that there was additional 3-4 ltrs in the tank.
Would suggest you to refuel between 60-80 on DTE if you are not the one to milk the car to the last drop of petrol.
Old 12th July 2010, 14:11   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

not one to milk it to the last drop,me.
Just lazy, I guess.
you know how occassionally, when youre running late to as well as from office,you put off a fill up?
Also, once you get on the gurgaon expressway, its a long ways to a fill-up station.I, for one, cringe at the thought of filling up in haryana.
Old 21st April 2011, 17:36   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: FAQ'a on DTE - Ford's reply

reviving this thread after a long time, but this seemed the most directly related place.

I have a problem with my DTE.
The whole display, infact.
occassionally, after about an hours running, the following happen in tandem:
1. the speedo needle goes bonkers.If i am doing 30, it will go to 0, shoot up to 80-90, sometimes to the max, and then comes and gets stuck at 0.there's no order in the fluctuation, its just an example, but end results are the same, 0.
2. right about when the above is happening, the whole digital display blanks out.it doesnt go blank, it just displays all blanks, like
---
-----
-----
and stays like this till i restart the car.
car still runs as before, no problems.
i can finish the journey,or if i stop and restart the car, it comes back on.
but usually it happens again within 5-10 minutes.
i say usually, because sometimes it doesnt happen again.

but its recurring 80% of the time.

I am taking it to ford tomorrow.
could someone please give me some leads so that i can describe it properly, or guage whether the repairs they suggest are legit or not?
Old 21st April 2011, 17:43   #23
BANNED

@ Mayankk : Just tell the ford guys to enter the reset codes for the DTE and the speedo console and you will be fit to go. Will take 15-30 mins.
Old 21st April 2011, 17:56   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
@ Mayankk : Just tell the ford guys to enter the reset codes for the DTE and the speedo console and you will be fit to go. Will take 15-30 mins.

thats it????
AWESOME!!
forever indebted, boss!!!

PS:any idea why this could be happening?
Old 21st April 2011, 18:00   #25
BANNED

Quote:

thats it????
AWESOME!!
forever indebted, boss!!!

PS:any idea why this could be happening?
It does happen rarely but exact reasons are unknown(at least to me).
Old 21st April 2011, 19:48   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Does this mean that the DTE and speedo console software gets corrupted or has bugs which required Reset codes to make it operational again.

Wouldn't disconnecting the battery do the same function?
Old 21st April 2011, 19:53   #27
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Does this mean that the DTE and speedo console software gets corrupted or has bugs which required Reset codes to make it operational again.

Wouldn't disconnecting the battery do the same function?
Disconnecting the battery just resets the tripmeter. Putting the reset codes also reset the Tachometer, the speedo and the DTE. However, your total mileage will remain the same.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks