Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2017, 23:15   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Remote locking system - Key fobs not working

@dailydriver, This is the stock keyless entry. Are you sure that I can get it repaired locally? I was just hoping for a simple way like checking the terminals with a multimeter.
Old 28th October 2019, 19:26   #17
Senior - BHPian

2008 Honda City ZX Gxi remote lock problem not able to resolve

I own a 2008 Honda City ZX Gxi which has been maintained as stock and serviced at Honda regularly.
The Remote locking has stopped working about 3 years back and several service centers have not been able to resolve the problem. The key remotes are fine, and the service people always try to program the key which goes on normally, but on pressing the lock/ unlock button after programming, it fails to open/ lock. I've been advised to go for aftermarket solution like auto cop but I want to maintain the car as stock.
I had a problem 6 years back that was repaired at Capital Honda in Chennai by changing the 'Receiver unit - Keyless entry'. For the last 3 years I have been using the key to unlock the doors and Now the driver door key is not entering smoothly. Once in, locking and unlocking is normal. This happens even with the spare key. For this I have been advised to change all the locks of the car which is again very expensive. No one is able to check the lock to see if the block is physical.
I've written to several forums national and international but have not come to a solution. I did think of buying a new 'Receiver unit - Keyless entry' and trying it, but the part is quite expensive and the problem might not be solved.
I would like someone to recommend a good experienced mechanic who would be able to identify the problem in the remote locking and also in the driver door lock and give me a financially viable solution. I live in Bangalore and am happy to visit any service center in South India. Since the car is old I understand the current service guys have no experience in dealing with such problems.
Or if a step by step instruction is given, I could check what is wrong myself. I'm not happy with people opening up the dashboard looking for a solution and then finally saying 'no solution'. All this is causing rattles in my car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks