Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2010, 20:20   #16
BANNED

Mi10: it was flooding. The chair fixed it. These things do happen but they always leave you wondering when Murphy will strike again.
Old 10th June 2010, 23:15   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashim View Post
And #3 is something I am amused with, sometimes car feels tired and don't rev freely but some days it runs like a rocket. I feel it has something to do with weather. Car runs really good with lot more torque (less gear shift) when it has just rained a bit and weather is cold (due to cold air?)
Hey hashim,

I have also noticed this, the car runs a lot better when the weather is cold & not just after rains but also in the early mornings. The engines seems to rev better & feels relaxed.

Drive safe.
Old 11th June 2010, 12:45   #18
Senior - BHPian

Looks like all the examples of 'self healing' are from the Maruti stable. Have the Japs figured out something that the Euros and Koreans haven't stumbled upon yet?
Old 11th June 2010, 14:21   #19
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
Hey hashim,

I have also noticed this, the car runs a lot better when the weather is cold & not just after rains but also in the early mornings. The engines seems to rev better & feels relaxed.

Drive safe.
Cold air is denser, so there is an increase in power.
Old 11th June 2010, 14:50   #20
BHPian

Have'nt yet occurred for my car(s), except maybe once during heavy rains, my Ikon stalled...about half an hr later, back to normal though. Not sure if this is some magical self healing, or water going inside the exhaust.

Happens all the time with my laptops/desktops (especially those used by my kids at home). Most recently with personal desktop paper-shredder machine.

And yes, the softwares which I develop and install at client's place, have this supernatural self-healing power though - unknown to me. Suddenly out of nowhere will receive mails with a error screenshot..on calling up or personally landing up to check out, the issue will no longer be there - the situation ends up with a frown on my face and a sheepish grin on the user's face. Am not complaining though, this keeps the AMC's rolling in;-}
Old 11th June 2010, 23:29   #21
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 12th June 2010 at 18:39.
kadanaJ is offline   Received Infraction
Old 12th June 2010, 18:42   #22
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I don't think its so much about cars self-healing, as its about the problems being temporary. A loose wire, something stuck, screw, momentary heat, an improperly fitted part and so on. Come to think of it, my Jeep must have a zillion of 'em loose thingies. Each time that I drive her, some new problem surfaces, while the one from the last drive is gone.
Old 12th June 2010, 20:13   #23
Senior - BHPian

agree with GTO - most of them are to do with rattles due to parts moving, not fit properly or wearing out. Sometimes, with further knocks etc, the problem is 'temporarily' solved. For eg., I was getting some noise from my rear left suspension for a couple of weeks, but today it was silent in a 30km drive through bad roads and humps!
Old 14th June 2010, 18:54   #24
BHPian

Me was also once bamboozled by a wacky behavior of the headlights. There I was, driving back from work around 4 PM and saw this yellow reflection on the back of the car in front of me. I was like someone behind me must be driving with headlights on. Only after looking at the reflection closely I realized that those on headlights were mine. I tried moving the switch to on and then to off, no avail. The high beam weren't coming up, essentially there was no response from the control assembly. Decided to head to the mechanic and wollah, the lights switched off. It's been almost a year since this happened.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks