Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2017, 13:32   #631
BHPian

Re: TATA nano - List of ALL issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuatro View Post
Did anyone get an estimate for timing belt kit replacement in the Nano? How much would this cost including labour charges?
The belt should be around 500 rupees. Labour charges will be high and may be above 1000 in an ASS.

This is from my general experience of replacing timing belts at FNGs. ASS costs may be significantly higher, especially labour.

Last edited by fighterace : 17th December 2017 at 13:34.
Old 9th February 2018, 09:59   #632
BHPian

My engine shuts off in morning unexpectedly. In can even Happen when driving or in stand still. It's fine after engine warming up. Please guide.
Old 9th February 2018, 15:05   #633
Senior - BHPian

One of the rear speakers of my 1.5 year old XTA is making distorted sounds. Any idea if speakers are covered under warranty?
Old 9th February 2018, 15:22   #634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
One of the rear speakers of my 1.5 year old XTA is making distorted sounds. Any idea if speakers are covered under warranty?
Everything is covered. Do get the connections checked too, to preclude the possibility of any electrical issue causing it to malfunction.
Nissan1180 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2018, 16:46   #635
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan1180 View Post
Everything is covered. Do get the connections checked too, to preclude the possibility of any electrical issue causing it to malfunction.
No its not an electrical issue, some specific frequencies ( in the low freq range) are making the noise
Old 9th February 2018, 18:31   #636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankur_gupta10 View Post
My engine shuts off in morning unexpectedly. In can even Happen when driving or in stand still. It's fine after engine warming up. Please guide.
Does it happen regularly ? Did you get the spark plugs and ignition coil checked ?
Old 9th February 2018, 18:36   #637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
Does it happen regularly ? Did you get the spark plugs and ignition coil checked ?
Yes this is regular. Spark plugs and ignition coil , why should they only trouble on cold engine? I will get it checked though.
Old 12th February 2018, 16:38   #638
BHPian

Quote:
Yes this is regular. Spark plugs and ignition coil , why should they only trouble on cold engine? I will get it checked though.
If you have a problem with intake - fuel or air, it should happen at all temperatures. I suspect it is electrical therefore - possibly weak battery or issue with the ignition, spark plug etc.

About a year back, my Nano's battery simply died while commuting back home, since I knew it was going to fail I was able to jump start the car several times in traffic because the engine was hot and managed to reach home.
Old 12th February 2018, 16:43   #639
BHPian

Quote:
I did see an ignition coil error in the OBD reader, and hence now changing it. Will update if it solves the problem
Old 13th February 2018, 16:03   #640
BHPian

I guys

I am facing a strange issue with my 2010 Nano. At times the car doesn't crank. It feels like the self is stuck. Like it will make the noise of making the contact but the starter won't move. Now if you keep cranking back to back without stopping the car cranks. Also if you leave it for few minutes it will behave normally. Any idea what could be the issue?
Old 13th February 2018, 18:04   #641
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik0502 View Post
I guys

I am facing a strange issue with my 2010 Nano. At times the car doesn't crank. It feels like the self is stuck. Like it will make the noise of making the contact but the starter won't move. Now if you keep cranking back to back without stopping the car cranks. Also if you leave it for few minutes it will behave normally. Any idea what could be the issue?
Could be the starter motor or the connections leading to it. I faced this in my first Nano (2011) and think they changed the starter motor and something else under warranty.
Old 13th February 2018, 18:15   #642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik0502 View Post
I guys

Do you get a click noise when it does not crank ? What is your battery condition ? Did you get the starter checked if it is able to draw enough power to crank. A good battery shop should be able to check the battery , alternator and starter i.e check the voltage when you try to crank , when the engine is running etc.
Old 13th February 2018, 22:55   #643
BHPian

Was having an odd whirring sound from the front. I suspected that the AC fan bearings were gone. Trivandrum Motors replaced the AC condenser assembly in warrantly. Just charged me 70/- for a tube of Anabond to resolve a leak in coolant tank mount.
kutts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2018, 15:28   #644
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
No its not an electrical issue, some specific frequencies ( in the low freq range) are making the noise
This looks like a non speaker issue. I opened/closed the hatch door 2 days back after a long time and the sound disappeared right after that. Now it has come back after driving 800km...probably the sound distortion is due to resonance of some part near to the speaker happening at a very particular frequency ( 400-600 Hz is my guess). Yet to identify the source of resonance.
Old 15th May 2018, 01:23   #645
BHPian

Day before yesterday evening I wanted to take my nano XTA out when I heard a beeping sound. Initially I thought it was my reverse parking sensor which commonly has been the culprit but then I saw a warning symbol in the Tell Tales area within the instrument cluster. I checked the user manual and found it to be Transmission warning lamp or AMT Fault lamp. It looks like an exclamation mark on a gear icon.

I called my service advisor from EMM EMM motors and he after speaking to a technician suggested me to call the emergency breakdown department. I tried turning the ignition off and then crank the engine but the warning light and the sound would not go off. I decided to wait until morning and give it a shot.

Next day, I cranked the engine and everything seemed to be normal. There was no warning light and no beeps. Nevertheless called the TATA helpline and got connected to their emergency breakdown department who promptly arranged an engineer who reached my place within the committed time interval. This is where TATA has surprised me, though this was only the second time that I had to call the emergency breakdown department it seemed like there is an army working on getting the right help to a stranded customer. Anyways, coming back to the issue – the engineer steered the nano out of my parking and we went for a 2km drive. In between he stopped aside and opened the boot to check something and then went to the rear and checked under the engine bay. Once we were back to my parking area he again went down to check the rear of the car and fiddled with something. He later got up and said that the sensor that connects to my AMT box was lose and it could be the reason for the chaos. But he suggested that I take the car to the nearest service station and get it checked. Few questions are unanswered but today I took the car out to go to office and it all worked well. I will update once I visit the service station.

Regards,
Sunil
sunil.nv is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks