Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2019, 18:04   #676

Re: TATA nano - List of ALL issues

Hello,
I have been a proud owner of Nano for 6+ years (54K kilometers). I am loving it and pampering it well.

A few months back, some construction work was going on in my locality. I had safely parked my car away from it and in between two other cars. But as the pampered kids are more prone to getting spoilt, something happened in the night (read: workers accidentally hit) my RHSV mirror in the night. This emoticon best describes the expression that I had on my face the next morning.

Since then I have been trying at all the shops in Thane (Teen Petrol Pump) and Ghatkopar-Vikhroli area for RHSV mirror, but could not locate it anywhere.

One shop in Thane helped me connect to his supplier in Kurla, but after 4 repeated visits, I have given up on him.

Any source where I can get an original, adjustable right-hand side view mirror for my Nano LX 2012.

I could locate one here:
https://www.partsbigboss.in/side-doo...ar-vision.html
But this is non-adjustable and will require a full replacement.

I want to retain the original spring-loaded Indian traffic friendly mounting and need just the convex mirror.

Any lead and help are appreciated.
I am also welcome to better solutions if any.

Thanks!

TATA nano - List of ALL issues-nano_rhsv_mirror.jpg
uab55 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2019, 01:18   #677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uab55 View Post
Hello,

Since then I have been trying at all the shops in Thane (Teen Petrol Pump) and Ghatkopar-Vikhroli area for RHSV mirror, but could not locate it anywhere.

Any source where I can get an original, adjustable right-hand side view mirror for my Nano LX 2012.

Attachment 1869609
I have been looking for this for at least 1 year. Finally gave up and fitted the whole mirror at TASS. Still to get it painted.
suzuki san is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2019, 01:28   #678
BHPian

Quote:
Hello,

Attachment 1869609
I have been looking for this for at least 1 year. Finally gave up and fitted the whole mirror at TASS. Still to get it painted.
suzuki san is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2019, 12:12   #679

My 2011 Nano CX already has its O2 Sensor disconnected.

3 days back, i found that the alternator has an issue. The alternator was not charging the battery. The battery lost its charge on the highway. I push started the car and reached home without switching off.

The existing battery was an Exide make 32AH. The battery was more than 2 years old. It was replaced with an Amaron 35AH.

The alternator issue was resolved after a CUTOUT (as called by the mechanic) was replaced by the local mechanic. But a day later, on the drive, i had Check Engine and Temp alert in my dashboard. Drove the car slowly to reach home.

I connected by OBD2 scanner and found 3 faults. (1) P0118 - Engine Coolant Tempature Sensor High Voltage, (2) P0123 Throttle Position Sensor High Voltage and (3) P0030 Heated Oxygen Sensor

Apart from the alerts on the dashboard, which switching off the ignition, the Radiator Fan keeps running for a very long time.

Is it better to take the car to a TASS or to a local auto electrical guy ?

Can somebody recommend a good workshop near Koyambedu / Arumbakkam / AnnaNagar in Chennai ?

Thanks in advance.
Old 2nd May 2019, 14:05   #680

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishyk View Post
My 2011 Nano CX already has its O2 Sensor disconnected.
The O2 Sensor was connected successfully. OBD Scan now does not show any O2 Sensor related fault codes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishyk View Post
I connected by OBD2 scanner and found 3 faults. (1) P0118 - Engine Coolant Tempature Sensor High Voltage, (2) P0123 Throttle Position Sensor High Voltage and (3) P0030 Heated Oxygen Sensor
P0030 issue was solved.
For, P0118 - Engine Coolant Temp Sensor High Volt issue, Coolant Temp Sensor was replaced with a new one. But, still the OBD Scan shows the same fault.

Can someone throw some light on how to check for P0118 ?
Old 28th May 2019, 15:13   #681
BHPian

I own a 2015 Genx XT with 25000km done

Absolutely no issues of any kind!!

In Bombay traffic I get 10-12kmpl (blame elphinston)

On the highway I get 25-26kmpl with AC on 80% of the time (Bombay-Bhopal-Bombay)

I changed all tyres at 23000km. Original MRFs were really bad and were getting punctured very often. Got new Bridgestones (bought on Amazon. they had front back different sizes. no physical tyre store had Nano tyres. amazon delivered in two days flat AND gave discount!!)

Once an over enthu cutlet of a car cleaner splashed the engine with water (from below). that day all engine warning lights came on and the car was dying every 20 sec. Having owned Nano for 10 years, I know that it is the kind of car that uses the theory "if its paining, simply walk it off). So I drove it like that for half a km and after that it was fine. I took it to Tata concorde Motors in Worli which is right next to my office and they said its fine no troubles.

In previous years, I have had a malfunctioning power window that repaired itself after one week and a front passenger door that wouldnt close which repaired itself within 20 mins never to get spoilt again.

That is the Nano for you!
sjain2054 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2019, 16:19   #682

There is a (not so) strange thing that is happening to my Nano whenever there are heavy rains here in Mumbai.

The rocker panel / sill of my lovely nano gets filled with water. Only the one on the right hand side of the car. The opening / grill for air intake, apart from creating a point of interest in the otherwise bland side profile is also a direct entry point for the heavy rains.

TATA nano - List of ALL issues-water-nanos-sill.jpg

TATA nano - List of ALL issues-rocker-panel_nano.jpeg

Usually, during normal rain, I do not see this phenomenon happening to my nano. This thing happened last year also after heavy rains.

And I was wondering why did the water no pour out from the bottom aperture / opening. But as surprising as it sounds, the hole for water exit is clear and I can push a wire also through it. I also removed the black plastic grill and cleared the path till the aperture, and checked if there is any mud or muck blocking the way. But the water comes out of that at the rate of a drop per 15 secs. So I cannot imagine how much time it would take for this much water to come out. Last year when I sucked out this water using a tiny tube, it was close to 2.5 litres of water. I can hear this water hitting the other end or baffles / restrictions in the section of the rocker panels while I brake or cross a speedbreaker / bump.

I hope this gets resolved so that the rocker panel doesn't end up getting corroded. I am guessing this problem must be very specific to Tata Nano because of this opening for air intake.

Any idea what has happened? Has it happened to any other Nano owners here?

Thanks in advance BHPians for your help!
Old 17th March 2020, 20:46   #683

sir, I forgot how to post a new issue in the forum .kindly inform me.
Old 16th June 2020, 19:33   #684

Hello to all the Nano owners and all TeamBHP members,

I need your help with following issue.

During the lockdown, to keep my beloved Nano up and running, I was starting it and idling it for 10-15 minutes for first 1 month. It wasn't doing much charging but somehow surviving. Then I referred TeamBHP thread on battery and discovered that it is better to take the vehicle for a short ride than keep idling. The former works better for battery charging. Thanks to the forum. It has always been there for my rescue.

My 2012 Nano is still running on its original battery. The battery is in its last stage and I plan to replace it as soon as the movement eases here in Mumbai and it is available at the nearest battery shop. Till then I want to keep my Nano running and not fall on dead battery. Hence I take it out for 10 minute round every alternate day. This is going well.

For last 4-5 times, I have started facing the following issue.
As soon as the car starts moving and the first time I brake, the engine comes to a halt with Battery and Temp indicator lit on the dashboard. Once I crank it again, it all goes well. This phenomenon happened every day. Today it happened that the engine came to halt many times, whenever I was braking. Battery and Temp indicator liting up on the dashboard.

What would be the issue? Is brake system drawing more power and that brings car to halt? Some issue with clutch system which brings it to halt? Battery giving up and unable to hold enough charge? Alternator issue?

I usually avoid ASS and go to friendly neighbourhood mechanic.

Request everyone's guidance on this issue.
Also if possible share how and what all you are doing in this lockdown to keep your beloved Nano in top shape.

Regards!
Old 17th June 2020, 15:45   #685
BHPian

Quote:
For last 4-5 times, I have started facing the following issue.
As soon as the car starts moving and the first time I brake, the engine comes to a halt with Battery and Temp indicator lit on the dashboard. Once I crank it again, it all goes well. This phenomenon happened every day. Today it happened that the engine came to halt many times, whenever I was braking. Battery and Temp indicator liting up on the dashboard.

What would be the issue?
It is just the battery, as nothing else could go wrong by just keeping the car idle. Nano comes with a standard 25Ah battery, but some people upsize it with a 32Ah battery. You may compare prices and get the battery swapped. Again, which battery to choose is a question with multiple right answers. And all answers depend on their individual experiences. So, you may just decide on any good brand maintenance-free battery with 48 months warranty.

Last edited by ilangop : 17th June 2020 at 15:46.
ilangop is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2021, 16:58   #686
BHPian

I have 2015 Nano XT with 14k on ODO. From past sometime having issues with fuel sensor showing tank full even when it is near empty. It is always showing full 5 bars, no matter how much the fuel in tank. Initially thought might be the sensor issue and raised this while went for regular service 2 months ago at TASS. They said there is no issue with sensor. Other thing I have noticed from same time now is that whenever I go for refueling, as soon as the pump attendant put the nozzle in tank, it cuts off in 5-10 seconds and then he needs to fill it manually. The fuel goes very slowly in tank, doesn't look any physical bent or damage while looking at pipe so not sure what is happening, any ideas or pointers for resolving the issue?
Old 13th March 2021, 18:41   #687
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humans View Post
I have 2015 Nano XT with 14k on ODO. From past sometime having issues with fuel sensor showing tank full even when it is near empty. It is always showing full 5 bars, no matter how much the fuel in tank. Initially thought might be the sensor issue and raised this while went for regular service 2 months ago at TASS. They said there is no issue with sensor. Other thing I have noticed from same time now is that whenever I go for refueling, as soon as the pump attendant put the nozzle in tank, it cuts off in 5-10 seconds and then he needs to fill it manually. The fuel goes very slowly in tank, doesn't look any physical bent or damage while looking at pipe so not sure what is happening, any ideas or pointers for resolving the issue?
Try this, if not already tried.
Remove the battery terminals, and keep it this way for half a day, or better overnight.

Is yours the GenX model?
Vinod_nair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2021, 18:45   #688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinod_nair View Post
Try this, if not already tried.
Remove the battery terminals, and keep it this way for half a day, or better overnight.

Is yours the GenX model?
Yes, it is GenX Twist XT. Will try disconnecting the battery tonight. Lets see how it goes.
Old 14th March 2021, 10:07   #689
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humans View Post
I had similar issues with my wife’s Nano.
After 3-4 visits, replacing fuel pump and sensor, they decided to change the entire display console itself. Fortunately it was still under warranty but still took them a couple of weeks to raise the issue with TAMO and get a replacement.
Haven’t faced the issue since.
LonelyPlanet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2021, 14:12   #690
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
I had similar issues with my wife’s Nano.
After 3-4 visits, replacing fuel pump and sensor, they decided to change the entire display console itself. Fortunately it was still under warranty but still took them a couple of weeks to raise the issue with TAMO and get a replacement.
Haven’t faced the issue since.
Did you also faced fuel going slow at pump in tank or just the display sensor always showing full?

Most Viewed