Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2005, 00:31   #1
BANNED

size of the bulbs..

guys please let me know the sizes of the bulbs used in OLD HONDA CITY AND OPEL CORSA...PLEASE HELP ASAP

there are sizes like h1 h2 h3 h4 and so on

Last edited by ported_head : 30th October 2005 at 01:56.
Old 30th October 2005, 08:02   #2
BHPian

it uses H4 halogen bulbs, i mean the old honda city, buy philips they r good bulbs, dont buy some cheap korean bulbs, you can upgrade to 100/90watts but u will need a relay, they will be very bright and will cause problems to others!!
Old 30th October 2005, 08:13   #3
Senior - BHPian

mate, just search the forum reg this. i haev seen lot of posts reg. this ( philips crystal clear and stuff for cars)
Old 30th October 2005, 13:37   #4
BANNED

im buying philips blue vision only...but you guys are sure about the h4 size right???want some more people to confirm this
Old 30th October 2005, 14:53   #5
BHPian

Dude, if its slipped your mind, would like to remind you to read your cars owner's manual. All the details are in there.
Old 30th October 2005, 14:55   #6
BHPian

Dude, I just read in another post that you are in Dubai.....I guess you wont have your owners manual there, sorry.
Old 30th October 2005, 15:00   #7
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by virkdoc
it uses H4 halogen bulbs, i mean the old honda city, buy philips they r good bulbs, dont buy some cheap korean bulbs, you can upgrade to 100/90watts but u will need a relay, they will be very bright and will cause problems to others!!

what is a relay...please tell me
Old 31st October 2005, 01:38   #8
Senior - BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showpo...5&postcount=30

rev

Last edited by revtech : 31st October 2005 at 01:40.
Old 1st November 2005, 22:12   #9
BHPian

are you guys missing on a "0"
as i recently changed bulbs and the Philips package read 850 / 1000W. do let me know if i have put on wrong bulbs. The lights and all electricals seem to be working fine so far thats 9 days since changed.

btw the high beam is devilish i mean it sends the light almost a 500 mtrs clear ahead.

The price paid is equivalent to Rs 500/=
pls le me know soon before either the battery, relay or alternator gets jacked.

Last edited by 2fast4u : 1st November 2005 at 22:16.
Old 2nd November 2005, 00:31   #10
Senior - BHPian

2fast4u

I think you are mistaken. I doubt the numbers you are referring to denote the watt capacity of the bulbs. I have looked at the Philips web site and I cannot find any such bulbs. Maybe you have bought some fakes.

Then agains if you are getting a 500 metre clear beam I would check what you have got in your headlights.
Old 2nd November 2005, 19:23   #11
Senior - BHPian

which size fits the zen ?? will H4 fit on a zen .also i have the old zen with the plastice head light covers so i just wanted to know if i get the phillips diamond vision or the blue vision head lamps.. how would they look.and would the beam be normal or unclear because of the non clear head lamp covers.

and if i had to change the entire head lamp assembly how much would it cost.to change to the clear type ones ??

rev
Old 2nd November 2005, 19:44   #12
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech
which size fits the zen ?? will H4 fit on a zen .also i have the old zen with the plastice head light covers so i just wanted to know if i get the phillips diamond vision or the blue vision head lamps.. how would they look.and would the beam be normal or unclear because of the non clear head lamp covers.

and if i had to change the entire head lamp assembly how much would it cost.to change to the clear type ones ??

rev
well the H4 should fit the zen..actually almost all indian cars come with H4 bulbs only..as far as the clear lens covers go id say it will make a difference to the light output u get from the plastic covered ones..well for the prices u have to get in touch with ur maruti dealer,though im not sure if the clear lens covers can be put on a older version of the zen..do check with it and also let us know if its possible..
Old 2nd November 2005, 19:58   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
well the H4 should fit the zen..actually almost all indian cars come with H4 bulbs only..as far as the clear lens covers go id say it will make a difference to the light output u get from the plastic covered ones..well for the prices u have to get in touch with ur maruti dealer,though im not sure if the clear lens covers can be put on a older version of the zen..do check with it and also let us know if its possible..

MGP Clear Lens Covers are not manufactured for the old zen, i have checked with 2 dealers in mumbai, if anyone knows of a non OEM product available please do let me know. I have fitted phillips 100/90W, they are pretty bright. you have to get a relay installed when one changes to these bulbs.
Old 2nd November 2005, 20:07   #14
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajalphonso
MGP Clear Lens Covers are not manufactured for the old zen, i have checked with 2 dealers in mumbai, if anyone knows of a non OEM product available please do let me know. I have fitted phillips 100/90W, they are pretty bright. you have to get a relay installed when one changes to these bulbs.
i thought so..the bonnet of the new zen and the bumper design makes it difficult to incorporate the clear lens headlamp assembly on the older version..so revtech i think the best option for u would be to upgrade ur bulbs to higer wattage with a relay because im not sure about the effectiveness of the the crystal or the diamond visions with the plastic headlamp assembly..have seen an old zen have them but they looked bad and also seemed obvious that the effect also must have been bad..
Old 3rd November 2005, 19:02   #15
BHPian

Revtech I havent tried the diamond headlights as yet, but for city driving the philips specs bulbs that i use are really good. I even went to Milan subway, to check if they had these clear head lights, but alas no luck.
I wonder why when maruti has uipgraded all its models to clear head lights, cant they realise that they have sold a whole bunch of zens from 1994 till 2004, and therefore ask their suppliers to come out with clear headlights?

Most Viewed