Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2010, 12:48   #16
BHPian

man...its almost 4 yrs I have my safari and I still dont pay anything for any part...how can you even listen when they ask 6K for any part....shout at them at the peak tone and they will listen..parallelly tell them u are escalating and will let Tata resolve...they will fix your issue in 5 mins :-)
Old 18th July 2010, 17:59   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
As I predicted, the seal is the culprit here and if under warranty they will replace the whole pump under warranty. Ask them to avail warranty as this was supposed to be changed in the retrofitments and is a known faulty part.

Thanks all for support and info.. spoke to their seniors and got it replaced under warranty..had to pay only for the coolent..
Old 28th July 2010, 14:25   #18
BHPian

After all this rectification, this saturday to my anguish realized that a huge pool of coolant had accumulated below the hood and Coolant was dripping crazy.

Vehicle again landed up in Concorde, this time there was a leakage from the radiator itself.

Thanks to extended warranty entire radiator assembly was replaced at no cost.

Hope this should be the end of the coolant saga.
Old 28th July 2010, 15:57   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundeepg71 View Post
After all this rectification, this saturday to my anguish realized that a huge pool of coolant had accumulated below the hood and Coolant was dripping crazy.

Vehicle again landed up in Concorde, this time there was a leakage from the radiator itself.

Thanks to extended warranty entire radiator assembly was replaced at no cost.

Hope this should be the end of the coolant saga.

Hopefully.,in opening up the faulty pump they damaged the Radiator as the position of the pump is not very convenient and lots need to be disbanded.
Old 2nd August 2010, 15:51   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Hopefully.,in opening up the faulty pump they damaged the Radiator as the position of the pump is not very convenient and lots need to be disbanded.
There is a possibility as what you said..vehicle is more than 2 yrs old and suddenly how can radiator develop the leak ; when till this time there was no problem at all...when i saw the damaged one what was told to me was the welding has gone off ..seems quite unrealistic..
Old 20th March 2012, 18:05   #21
BHPian

coolant leak - tata safari dicor 2.2 VTT

Hi All,

My Safari Dicor has been having coolant leakage issues and were being fixed in Concorde motors - Ambattur Chennai... Today again I discovered a leakage but very sceptical in taking it to Ambattur as it takes hell lot of time for fixing even minor issues.. Can someone suggest where I should get my vehicle checked near Annanagar area so that it is fixed once and for all.

Thanks,
Sundeep
Chennai
Old 20th March 2012, 18:35   #22
BHPian

Re: coolant leak - tata safari dicor 2.2 VTT

Quote:
Hi All,

My Safari Dicor has been having coolant leakage issues and were being fixed in Concorde motors - Ambattur Chennai... Today again I discovered a leakage but very sceptical in taking it to Ambattur as it takes hell lot of time for fixing even minor issues.. Can someone suggest where I should get my vehicle checked near Annanagar area so that it is fixed once and for all.

Thanks,
Sundeep
Chennai
Hi Sundeepg,

even the same happened in my vehicle, but when we checked it, it got the engine body leakage which was very minor asked them to any way replace the part as the part was not available i had to wait for a week and finally got it replaced.

whats the problem with your one. and how old is your safari.
Old 20th March 2012, 18:45   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDY_RACER View Post
Hi Sundeepg,

even the same happened in my vehicle, but when we checked it, it got the engine body leakage which was very minor asked them to any way replace the part as the part was not available i had to wait for a week and finally got it replaced.

whats the problem with your one. and how old is your safari.
Hi , Its a 2008 June Dicor 2.2 VTT , 4 X 4 .. The leakage is quite visible near the front right tyre ..its a greenish fluid ( a bit confused as it gives oily feeling when rubbed on the fingers..)
Old 20th March 2012, 22:09   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Hi , Its a 2008 June Dicor 2.2 VTT , 4 X 4 .. The leakage is quite visible near the front right tyre ..its a greenish fluid ( a bit confused as it gives oily feeling when rubbed on the fingers..)
Coolant do feel oily due to presence of silicates. Looks like you have other problems as well in your cooling circuit.

Usually Radiators burst if the Pump is not working , blockage in radiator , thermostat opening late. So
Do a flush
Replace Thermostat
Replace radiator
Also replace Cap
Also check if the coolant concentration is 50/50 for perfect cooling and corrosion protection
Catalyst_delhi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed