Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2010, 16:37   #31
Senior - BHPian

@ Jacs - even i was surprised to see water inside the cluster. it was opened last at FASS about a year back and i guess the glass sealant was not used properly / evenly.

i will have to buy a new head lamp sooner or later. the amount of water inside was scary and it was dirty water.

anyways will keep you guys updated.
Old 29th June 2010, 10:22   #32
Senior - BHPian

Kolkata received 75.6mm rainfall yesterday. Today the headlights look like:

Fiat Petra 1.6 Issues-photo0463.jpg

Fiat Petra 1.6 Issues-photo0464.jpg

the cluster was dry - will keep a watch on water leaking inside.

Next - getting rid of moisture from headlights.

Drive safe and take care.
Old 29th June 2010, 22:58   #33
BHPian

Hi Planet_Rocker

Indeed a very useful post.

Since I am not good at opening the cleaning the headlights I am still waiting to find some good guy who can do the complete operation. Till then I feel its safer not to do it rather then getting it done from someone who is not good at his work

Moreover with the headlights of my car moisture starts escaping once its dry for a day and when the headlights are switched on, its completly gone. And its also clean from inside (not muddy)
Old 30th June 2010, 10:55   #34
Senior - BHPian

Still dry from inside except the small amount of vapor inside the glass. you can compare with the pics in the previous post.

Fiat Petra 1.6 Issues-photo0465.jpg

Sealing the top edge of the glass from outside (where the glass sticks to the plastic body) with fevicol / sealant should help.

@ Rikhav - it is very easy to open the back cover - similar to opening the back cover of a wall clock when replacing battery.

Last edited by planet_rocker : 30th June 2010 at 10:56.
Old 20th July 2010, 18:48   #35
BHPian

Rikhav, what's the news on your Palio's headlamps? I got the headlamps on my Palio changed since I was travelling to Goa. Had to make do with non-motorized units since you don't get the motorized units anywhere. Cost me Rs.5100 including octroi etc etc. The lights are back to their original state, amazing spread & throw.
Old 21st July 2010, 08:18   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_jg View Post
Rikhav, what's the news on your Palio's headlamps? I got the headlamps on my Palio changed since I was travelling to Goa. Had to make do with non-motorized units since you don't get the motorized units anywhere. Cost me Rs.5100 including octroi etc etc. The lights are back to their original state, amazing spread & throw.

Still the same :(
Even I was thinking of replacing them in the next service. Are the prces from a TASS?
Kava had quoted a price of 2200 per headlight but did not have in stock. I wont mind paying a little extra if its an original part
Old 21st July 2010, 12:03   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikhav View Post
Still the same :(
Even I was thinking of replacing them in the next service. Are the prces from a TASS?
Kava had quoted a price of 2200 per headlight but did not have in stock. I wont mind paying a little extra if its an original part
I got the original part alright, although it's not motorized, not that I needed it or ever used it. I can get you the set if you want. My cousin has a workshop in Kolhapur & he gets these parts from Mumbai, he can have them delivered directly to your place. I paid Rs.5100 which included octroi & something else. Will post pics over the weekend, I can't stop staring at them
Old 16th March 2015, 19:30   #38
BHPian

Fiat Petra Wiper Issues (intermediate Speed Not Working)

The wipers works fine in 1st, 2nd and 3rd speed but no movement when kept on intermediate

Is this a wiper motor issue, or there is some secondary component connected to wiper motor which governs the speed?

If yes, what is it called

Or its an issue with combination switch by which we control the wipers

Thanks in advance
Old 16th March 2015, 19:37   #39
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Petra Wiper Issues (intermediate Speed Not Working)

There is a white box with contacts, which tells the wiper when and how fast to run next to the wiper motor. That must have gone bad on your car, or it might be the combination switch with the intermediate switch not functioning.
SunnyBoi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2015, 19:44   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
There is a white box with contacts, which tells the wiper when and how fast to run next to the wiper motor. That must have gone bad on your car, or it might be the combination switch with the intermediate switch not functioning.
Thanks sunny

Any suggestions how i get to know which part is actually gone bad?

Any way i can check the white box?
Old 17th March 2015, 01:00   #41
Senior - BHPian

Definitely,the wiper motor is not faulty.
In all probability, the combination switch is the culprit. Get it inspected.
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks