Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2010, 15:14   #31
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
I am not able to see smaller cars coming from left. Same is the case with rear visibility.
Hardly unique to the Grande. Tall UVs with high window sills (including the Fortuner) suffer from poor lateral & rearward visibility.
Old 8th September 2010, 16:37   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

@HappyRoadie, are you not using the LH rear view mirror ?

For most part, the vehicles on the left are quite visible, Though I would like to get a mirror mounted on the front crash guard, at the front LH corner. This should help increase visibility without having to turn my head much (from normal direction of viewing).
Old 28th April 2011, 13:51   #33
BHPian

Tata Sumo Grande Leaf Spring Misaligned

There was some noise coming from the leaf spring of my Grande since many days. Today I sent my car to the workshop and to my surprise they said that leaf springs have disaligned from their places and they will have to send it somewhere for correction and I will get my car tomorrow. My car has done only 17000 kms. Is it normal that leaf springs have misaligned in just 17000 kms? Please help.

Last edited by HappyRoadie : 28th April 2011 at 13:52.
Old 28th April 2011, 20:52   #34
BHPian

Re: Tata Sumo Grande Leaf Spring Misaligned

Hello HappyRoadie,

I guess your ordeal is not over with the grande.
I have following your posts quite keenly as I have keen interest in grande. However the problems seem to be to be never ending.

I infact was wondering if springs set up is much sturdier to suspension and hence if the maintenance costs would have been less.
It doesn't feel nice to hear such experiences which compel people to raise fingers at quality control by manufacturers. Here I presume the misalignment problem is not normal at such low running.
Anyways I hope Tata serves you better and your problem is sorted ASAP.
Pls keep posted about the developements.

Rgds.
Old 28th April 2011, 21:30   #35
BHPian

I think I have been given a used vehicle because of the leaf springs getting misaligned at only 17000 kms. Also the problems I faced after delivery make me doubtful.

Regards
Old 29th April 2011, 11:46   #36
Senior - BHPian

Leaf springs cannot get disaligned so fast unless there is a defective part used, the bushes etc are quite sturdy, but if dislodged, new ones are fitted on a lathe machine and since they have asked for a day to rectify, seems this is the problem
Old 30th April 2011, 13:28   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think I have been given a used vehicle because of the leaf springs getting misaligned at only 17000 kms. Also the problems I faced after delivery make me doubtful.

Regards

Pranjal misaligned may happen due to bad roads and the way the vehicle has been used, speak to your SA and take a detailed report of this problem and the problems faced by you since the date of delivery, once you have this we can send it to Tata higher ups and get some solution.

Last edited by gowda79 : 30th April 2011 at 13:29.
Old 30th April 2011, 15:00   #38
BHPian

Re: Tata Sumo Grande Problems

@ HappyRoadie

My Grande has completed more than 33 k on odo till date, still no problem with suspension. The vehicle is used in rural area in our farms and surrounding area were 60% roads are nor drivers neither any Car's delight

Last edited by driving_smartly : 30th April 2011 at 15:06.
Old 30th April 2011, 15:16   #39
Senior - BHPian

I'm a regular at PRERANA on Old Madras Road. I find them to be good. You have to be very patient with them. What I like is that they mould into your budget, for example, if I tell them my service budget is 10,000 then the final bill will be as close to 10,000 and with most of the complaints I mentioned attended to.

What really does not help service centers is Attrition. When you have a single mechanic dealing with a vehicle it is easy, like your family Doctor
Old 30th April 2011, 15:24   #40
BHPian

Thanks Gowda79 and driving smartly. My Grande is driven in cities only and I avoid taking bad roads so it is mostly driven on smooth roads but as we know holes and speed breaker etc are present. Besides this no off roading of any kind.

Before this when my discs got damaged a TATA engineer came and inspected the car and changed the discs but of no use because they again got damaged. The SA has left the showroom and has joined some other showroom of TATA. We even asked the manager of the workshop to change the car but he asked for last chance. That last chance has still not ended. The people in workshop dont know why the suspension got misaligned.
Old 30th April 2011, 16:26   #41
BHPian

I too have great interest in mkii.

I am quite happy abt TD. All the criticism apperently is from non-owners and owners are standing by the product.
Even happyroadie is still recommending mkii.

I have one question to all mkii owners in general.

When all other model owners boast a lot abt their cars, why you guys shy away from asserting this vehicle as worth one.

This causes a lot of doubt in minds of people sitting on fence like me as we find only bahsers all around and no supporters.

Why you guys don't start a thread on pics, modifications and other related stuff.
Has anyone managed to customise the dash from outside TASS? Is such an option available.

@HappyRoadie, as you rightly said, this might be a used car as well. Hope the problems with your grande are sorted out by now.

Rgds.
Old 30th April 2011, 19:56   #42
BHPian

Yes the problems are sorted out. Yesterday I received my car. I will be going to Ranikhet on 21 May. Lets see how it behaves during the trip. After the trip I will give a report.

Thanks
Old 30th April 2011, 22:46   #43
BHPian

Hello HappyRoadie,

You must be feeling relieved. ANyways congratulations for getting your vehicle back. Hope you have hassle rfee ownership henceforth.

Would you pls detail exactly what was the problem and remedy by A$$.

Rgds.
Old 1st May 2011, 06:48   #44
BHPian

In parbolic leaf spring suspension setup their are little spaces between the plates. So when my car came to the workshop the plates of the leaf suspension were touching each other and their was no space between them or something like that according to my driver. Also the plates were not exactly over each other but misaligned also. The rubber was also damaged ( IS THERE ANY RUBBER IN THE SUSPENSION SETUP ?). So they sent it somewhere and got it corrected. This is all.

Thanks
Old 3rd May 2011, 17:38   #45
BHPian

Quote:
In parbolic leaf spring suspension setup their are little spaces between the plates. So when my car came to the workshop the plates of the leaf suspension were touching each other and their was no space between them or something like that according to my driver. Also the plates were not exactly over each other but misaligned also. The rubber was also damaged ( IS THERE ANY RUBBER IN THE SUSPENSION SETUP ?). So they sent it somewhere and got it corrected. This is all.

Thanks
my dear happy roadie

i guess people who even wish to go for a grande may never go for it after reading all your complaints.

anyways, your driver is a very good observer man !

true. new leaf springs come with round spacers ( plastic / rubber / etc) placed inbetween each of them near the shackle to prevent the leaf springs from flexing to the max. But after the running in and all, the leaf springs will settle down and hence it really doesn't matter even if you run the vehicle without those spacers.

Infact, i had them removed from the leaf springs of my bolero after 15k km. no problem till date. so dont worry yaar.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks