Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2010, 20:01   #1
BHPian

strange relation between clutch and accelerator!

my uncle owns a 2002 hyundai accent, and i got a chance to drove it when i visited them but i found something very strange thing while driving it. i found that while driving in city, if my foot is on clutch and simultaneously pressing accelerator it was hard to press; and if i dont keep my foot on clutch than i found no issue with the accelerator.
I didnt understand this as i drove the accent for the first time. I always drove fiat and suzuki cars only. Is there something wrong with the car or its my impression which is wrong in assuming combination?

PS: sorry for wrong section posting, it sholud have been in technical section. Tried but dont know how to move it to different section!

Last edited by ddriver : 26th June 2010 at 20:04.
Old 27th June 2010, 00:53   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey, I cant seriously think of a "clutch press accelerator hardening" cause. I guess, when you drive with your foot on the clutch, which causes it to act makes the power delivery not so smooth. This changes the sound of the car, and that can seriously change the feeling of throttling. Just like you feel more speed when you drive with a car with more sound or with a hole in the exhaust. faster
Old 27th June 2010, 11:13   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Hey, I cant seriously think of a "clutch press accelerator hardening" cause. I guess, when you drive with your foot on the clutch, which causes it to act makes the power delivery not so smooth. This changes the sound of the car, and that can seriously change the feeling of throttling. Just like you feel more speed when you drive with a car with more sound or with a hole in the exhaust. faster
i thought on same line first but what i felt was like something is stopping the accelerator to go down or more like a friction or should i say pressing more hard the accelerator to go down, which was not a case when i dont keep my foot on clutch.Strange!!
It looks like to me that clutch and accelerator in the accent i drove were inversely proportional,lolz when clutch is up than only the accelerator going down. But on a serious note it was for the first time ever i felt like this in a car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks