Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2010, 10:02   #1
BANNED

Water in fuel indicator - Swift VDI

After driving my VDI for about 19,500 Km, i see the first problem where in the Water in Fuel Indicator started glowing on the console.

Ah, after a very tiring morning and hungry stomach , i had to stop the car immediately and gone through the booklet to see if there is any solution written. Called up the regular service center engineer and he advised me to drive down to his place for checkup.

Diagnosis : A.S.S have attached a large hand held and checked the entire computerised system, Checked if there is any problem with the battery before starting the cute little bypass surgery. They had removed the complete airfilter kit under which there was this diesel filter. removed about half a litre of diesel from the filter to check if there are traces of water couple of times. After couple of trials they confirmed that the "water in fuel sensor" is the one that is creating problems. Replaced under warranty finally with no labor charges ( Price of the filter Rs.1023 made Rs.0 in the bill ).

Overall i must say very good service by Maruti and i admire the availability of spares.
Old 28th June 2010, 12:16   #2
Senior - BHPian

Nice to see that you are satisfied. These days the first thing most workshops do is to check the sensor and the plugs before opening the filter. But good that you got your filter cleaned all the same.

Most Viewed