Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2010, 00:11   #1
BHPian

Ritz: High Pitched Whining

Hi All,
I have a week and half old Ritz VXi Petrol. Just wanted to check with other Ritz owners out there if the high pitched sound while accelerating through the gears is normal.
Also I hear a very slight tappet like sound from the engine when idle. Depending on the response I may have to speak to the dealership regarding the same.
Await your responses.
Old 28th June 2010, 15:55   #2
Senior - BHPian

Please speak to your dealer. I don't own a Ritz but happened to drive my cousin's a couple of times. Neither of those sounds were heard in his petrol Ritz.
Old 28th June 2010, 16:15   #3
BHPian

A slight tappet sound is pretty much normal in most cars, but do get the "high pitched sound while accelerating" checked as it could be a leak or crack in the air-box which houses the air filter and is directly connected to the air intake.

Last edited by maglev : 28th June 2010 at 16:18.
Old 29th June 2010, 10:30   #4
Senior - BHPian

The high pitched whining during acceleration is usually the belt, troubleshooting is check if the noise persists when AC On /Off, if it goes off when the Ac is off then the issue is not with the AC belt, else it is, since its a new car you just might need to adjust the tension of the belt.

Pramod

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks