Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2012, 13:30   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rust on window of 2 year old Swift!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.m View Post
Yes, please post the pictures soon.

Apart from this, if the rust is only on those parts as you have mentioned and nowhere else, then it is mostly due to poor QC during manufacture.
Yes, it is only in that area

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Be it near the seacoast or not, we must ensure that hard water does not remain in the inaccessible areas of the car.
The area where we are facing the issue is not inaccessible at all! It is out there in the open.

Pics attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Rusting problem on brand new car-dsc010921.jpg  

Rusting problem on brand new car-dsc010931.jpg  

Rusting problem on brand new car-dsc010951.jpg  

Rusting problem on brand new car-dsc010971.jpg  

Rusting problem on brand new car-dsc010991.jpg  

Old 1st July 2012, 17:31   #47
BHPian

Owww that's truly horrible!!! This is certainly due to poor (extremely poor) manufacturing QC. Take this up with Maruti at the earliest, and make sure you stay quite firm on your stand. There is no way MSIL can deny you a claim on this one!!

PS. Which are the photos of the RHS?

Last edited by swarnava.m : 1st July 2012 at 17:33.
Old 1st July 2012, 18:09   #48
Senior - BHPian

On closeup that rust does not look normal, it will be worth it to give Maruti A.S.S some hard time before this really becomes a bigger problem. Would suggest do check other areas which are more prone to rust and see if there are other parts that warrant a replacement.

Do you live next to the beach? Not that it makes any difference.
Old 1st July 2012, 19:34   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
^^^ I live in Delhi, and it is not as humid as Mumbai and the rusting in these "strips" is there in my car too.So I'm guessing its not related to humidity but rather the build quality, maybe there is gap between the plastic layer and the metal beneath that allows water to seep in and cause rusting.

Anyways I tried talking to the SA at the MASS and he told me that this part does cost a bomb, so I'm thinking to cover it up with some faux Carbon fiber vinyl.

In case there is a separate warranty for this kind of rusting and you're able to get a claim, do update here.

Cheers

Gt
Old 2nd July 2012, 12:01   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryms View Post
i cant say anything for the rusting caused during transit in the trailer. In this way only they can save their image. No company will ever accept this kind of rusting as a manufacturing issue or a quality issue. Its India anything can happen. I cant laugh any more hearing the cause of rusting.
Quote:
Owww that's truly horrible!!! This is certainly due to poor (extremely poor) manufacturing QC. Take this up with Maruti at the earliest, and make sure you stay quite firm on your stand. There is no way MSIL can deny you a claim on this one!!

Take it up with Maruti senior management. I am sure your issue will be resolved. After 2 years of having this problem in my car, there is still no rust in the area. Every time I go to the A.S.S, I prank that SA of me about the coastal area thing he said a couple years back
bhp_maniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2012, 18:34   #51
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rusting problem on brand new car

Thanks for your advice folks.

Quote:
The first two are RHS, rest are LHS. There is more rust on LHS than RHS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Do you live next to the beach? Not that it makes any difference.
Nope. The beach is a good 7-8 km away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT500 View Post
maybe there is gap between the plastic layer and the metal beneath that allows water to seep in and cause rusting.

Anyways I tried talking to the SA at the MASS and he told me that this part does cost a bomb, so I'm thinking to cover it up with some faux Carbon fiber vinyl.
I don't think that this would be due to gap between plastic and metal. If that was the case, the part should've started rusting from the edges first and then proceed inwards. But here the entire part started rusting at once.

IMHO, the issue is not the cost of the part. In a car that costs 5 lakhs, this shouldn't have happened in the first place!
Old 3rd July 2012, 19:04   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The area where we are facing the issue is not inaccessible at all! It is out there in the open.

Pics attached.
Damn, thats bad. I have a Swift Vdi and have the exact same problem in the exact same areas. My car is a 2010 model too. Taking up the issue in my next service which should be in a week from now.

Let me know what happens with your service center.
Old 22nd September 2013, 02:42   #53
Senior - BHPian

Rusting on brand new Ritz VDI

Dear team-bhpians,

I have a 1.5 months old Ritz VDI took delivery from Popular Maruti, Cochin and the lower bonnet area near the hinges on either sides showed rusting formations. I reported it to Popular Maruti Service at Muvattupuzha. they applied putty on the affected area and the workmanship was horrible! the rust simply is spreading out although looks minuscule now.

the CRM of Popular MASS asked me to contact TSM(Territorial Service Manager) at Maruti,Cochin who inspected the vehicle and as of now asked the Dealer-Service to scrap the rust and re-paint the area. I was expecting a replacement of bonnet. the rear hatches gas struts also have some kind of rusting.

My biggest worry is whether the rust will spread to main body shell. shall I go for Internal panel coating for the doors now? I am worried.

Already mailed to maruti. I have checked the body for rusting and it seems OK. please note the Vehicle was a July 2013 manufactured one delivered on July itself. the car has not spend time in the yard. clearly a QC control problem. what is with Maruti now? I've had a Maruti 800 decade back and it never rusted after so many years of use. and now, the body quality and manufacturing process are all going down?
Please help and what can be done now.
Attached Thumbnails
Rusting problem on brand new car-bonnet1.jpg  

Rusting problem on brand new car-bonnet2.jpg  

Rusting problem on brand new car-bonnetleftside1.jpg  

Rusting problem on brand new car-rearhatch1.jpg  

Rusting problem on brand new car-bonnetleftside22.jpg  

Last edited by deepclutch : 22nd September 2013 at 02:45.
Old 7th October 2013, 00:29   #54
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rusting problem on brand new car

sorry for the delay in update: Maruti regional office at Kochin advised the dealer service(Popular,Muvattupuzha) to re-paint the lower side of the bonnet after clearing the small rust formations. I hope rusting problem will not occur.
Old 7th October 2013, 06:46   #55
BHPian

Quote:

Pics attached.
This part is not as small as it seems. it runs from the top of the door, partly visible outside (rusted area you can see), then goes right upto the door bottom. I have had this replaced after 3 years on my swift. Now, regular application of wd40 every 2-3 months, keeps it sane. The paint on this part is very thin, hence the rust coming up fast.

Each side metal piece cost is approx 1100, + 400 for labour each.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks