Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2010, 17:06   #16
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad75 View Post
I would spend on what and where I like to, a MASS or the SA will not decide what needs to be done to my vehicle.I will tell them, they will execute.coz I dont run a garage at home.
For that you would need to know the vehicle inside out?
Old 30th June 2010, 18:28   #17
Senior - BHPian

Depends on the thickness of the rotor, not the number of kilometres run. It should be written in the service manual of the Esteem (service manuals are only available to Maruti and MASS employees/staff unless you can manage to find one for yourself).
Old 30th June 2010, 18:34   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
For that you would need to know the vehicle inside out?
Point.

The MASS - SA and all the other chaps there give "phree gyan" (Free knowledge) so meaning its a load of bull. You'd have to tell them very clearly else you will be taken for a ride (some of the time at least).

Quote:
what would be the kms specified for rotor replacement? My alto had 88k kms on ODO when i sold it and it was buffed once around 60k kms.
Kms clocked is only one factor in the equation. Its like asking how long clutch will last. Depends on the driving style. Yes 60k kms a visit to the lathe will help and perhaps you can do it once more.

A simple way to calculate is to see how many set of pads you have changed and how frequently. A worn pad can ruin the rotors.

I've changed rotors on my Zen (now sold) @ 95k Kms was too worn out to be "machined" again.
Old 30th June 2010, 19:33   #19
BHPian

Quote:
MIL - they said that the IAT sensor needs to be replaced and that they dont have stock of the same.it needs to be ordered.AS per them TECH two was showing P0112 error code which is IAT circuit low input.
Can i buy and fix this myself and how much would it cost ? is it OK to drive the car with IAT sensor kaput?
The IAT sensor should cost you around 1.8K.

And yes, you can fix it yourself easily

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks