Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2010, 17:17   #16
Team-BHP Support

@dhanushs. I don't know why you are blaming fuel pumps when you had no problem driving the car with half a liter of soda in it.
Old 16th July 2010, 17:37   #17
BHPian

It do happen from fuel pumps , Once i lost around 35-40 liters of diesel when 'water in fuel' light lit up and i have to empty and clean the tank.This happened after filling from a trusted pump.
Old 16th July 2010, 17:46   #18
Senior - BHPian

@Dhansus - Thanks for sharing the pics & care to explain the fault that was found with this issue & the remedy. I really appreciate.

But like Bblost said, shouldn't you have cleaned up the entire fuel tank after the soda incident? I somehow feel that the culprit is soda & not the fuel pumps. Even if there're water seepage into the oil tanks at fuel stations, they should've been settled at the bottom due to the density of water isn't it? And they would've not been pumped in to the vehicles. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 16th July 2010, 22:17   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
So, i was indeed right, Dhanush.
Get the tank cleaned, including the fuel lines if possible, and a new filter.
Your car should be back to its former glory.

Between, did you get this done at the MASS guys?
Yes Benny, you were the one who nailed it!!.. .. And Yes I will be cleaning my tank lines and changing my filter. I just dint get enough time to do that. Will let you know the updates.
And this was done by a local Maruthi workshop. Not an A.S.S, but they mainly deal with maruthi cars. Somehow I felt that they were skilled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
@dhanushs. I don't know why you are blaming fuel pumps when you had no problem driving the car with half a liter of soda in it.
I had cleaned up my fuel tank/lines after the SODA incident. And I think we have a certain 'trust value' that we atleast get petrol while filling up from bunks. This much water/DIRT surprised me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullboy View Post
It do happen from fuel pumps , Once i lost around 35-40 liters of diesel when 'water in fuel' light lit up and i have to empty and clean the tank.This happened after filling from a trusted pump.
Thats sad, In my case, due to circumstances I had to drive off the fuel in my tank. btw, which car shows "water in fuel" warning light??..

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
@Dhansus - Thanks for sharing the pics & care to explain the fault that was found with this issue & the remedy. I really appreciate.

But like Bblost said, shouldn't you have cleaned up the entire fuel tank after the soda incident? I somehow feel that the culprit is soda & not the fuel pumps. Even if there're water seepage into the oil tanks at fuel stations, they should've been settled at the bottom due to the density of water isn't it? And they would've not been pumped in to the vehicles. Correct me if I'm wrong.
aargee, I had cleaned up my tank after the SODA incident. and yes, you are right about the water pumping issue. After this when I fueled my car today, I got down and had a chat with my local bunk guys. I explained the whole incident to them and they told that, IF the level of fuel in their tank is very low, say 500liters, then there is a good chance that water/dirt get pumped. And they told me that usually good pumps/they don't sell fuel if the level in their tanks is low. Well, my car got its quota from a pump which was in a really really remote location.
Old 17th July 2010, 19:41   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
I had cleaned up my fuel tank/lines after the SODA incident. And I think we have a certain 'trust value' that we atleast get petrol while filling up from bunks. This much water/DIRT surprised me.
I am confused now.
If you did not take your car to the Service Station, how did you get it cleaned up.
And if you did take it some non Authorized Service Station and he cleaned up everything, why did he not replace the filter. One would assume that since its a key component. Now if everything was cleaned then all this build up of water happened in just a couple of days. Strange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Did you change your Fuel filter after the soda incident?
Quote:
No, I have not changed my fuel filter after that incident. Atleast I hope so, as I have not taken my car to the F.A.S.S . Would that be the problem??..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post
after your Soda incident did you got the car checked by service center.
don't be scared of taking it for a full check up, may be you are ignoring a small problem which can later develop serious damage to engine.

Take the car to F.A.S.S. and get it checked on priority.

Quote:
I have not taken my car to the Ford A.S.S as I was really busy and had hardly any time. The process of taking my car to Ford A.S.S takes one whole day. However I will be doing it soon, to avoid any other major problems.
Thanks for your advice.
Old 17th July 2010, 21:10   #21
Senior - BHPian

@ dhanus
I have seen the fiat palio diesel which indicates water in fuel. For me it lights up after every water service.
Old 19th July 2010, 22:41   #22
Team-BHP Support

I strongly suggest you do a complete clean up of tank and fuel lines and change the filter ASAP. This is really a case study for Ford India, how durable that engine is lol.

Its soda and not moisture from petrol station!
Old 20th July 2010, 01:00   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey, I just came back from ernakulam. Will post the updates of the trip tomorrow as the time is really late & I'm really tired. But then, I always have time to clear of doubts and grab some expert advices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
I am confused now.
If you did not take your car to the Service Station, how did you get it cleaned up.
And if you did take it some non Authorized Service Station and he cleaned up everything, why did he not replace the filter. One would assume that since its a key component. Now if everything was cleaned then all this build up of water happened in just a couple of days. Strange.
I did not take my car to Ford A.S.S as I dint have time, just as mentioned in my SODA thread. What I did was to take my car to a local maruthi workshop. (Not M.A.S.S) and clean the entire fuel tank/lines after the SODA incident. The mechanic there did suggest a replacement of fuel filter, but the part was not locally available in my locality and also I was not really interested in using a spare from outside ford. (I though of going to Ford when I had time and repeat the process). Though the mechanic, pressure cleaned the fuel filter and fitted it back suggesting me to change it when I got time.

And regarding the build up of water, this time when I went to eranakulam, I went to the pump where I (problematically) filled in last week and enquired in its surroundings and guess what, it was a reputed 'foul fuel' pump. So the water was indeed pumped from the petrol pump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
I strongly suggest you do a complete clean up of tank and fuel lines and change the filter ASAP. This is really a case study for Ford India, how durable that engine is lol.

Its soda and not moisture from petrol station!
Actually, I was really concerned about not changing my filter, that even though I was on a very tight schedule, I went to Ford A.S.S (Kairaly Ford - Thrissur) (I was on my way to ernakulam) and changed my Fuel Filter. Though they suggested a complete Fuel Tank/line cleanup, I did not do it as they will need my car for a full day. However, I will be doing it soon.

Regarding Ford Case study, I think that is something that we need to give a thought.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks