Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2010, 16:52   #1

Steering wheel problems of Indica Xeta

Hi all,
I own an indica xeta GLS 2006 model which has done 30K. 2 months back I encountered a strange problem - there was a wobbling of the steering wheel at low speeds and a thud sound at each revolution of the tyre. I kept on using my car for another month. The steering then got very hard so much so that every time I took a turn I have to re-wind the wheel to make the car run straight. To say the least the steering wheel got jammed at the new position after every movement. The power steering effect is gone and I wonder if any car is having such hard steering wheel, even those w/o power steering.
I visited many mechanics all of them suggested various reason like problem of - suspension, fluid pump, alignment and balancing, worn out tyres etc. So Alignment and balancing, servicing was done and the tyres rotated. 2-3 days after the servicing the problem persisted though the wobbling of the steering wheel disappeared.
Can anyone suggest what exactly can be the problem. Though I'm about to replace all the tyres.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks