Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2010, 03:13   #16
BHPian

Deja vu!
That is exactly how our Linea looked like in June 2009. Pity I forgot to take pics. And exactly a year later, from your case, its apparent that Fiat still think the A/c is an optionally working component of a car.

Don't hold your breath about the remote key, they delivered ours after ~7 months. Do be very careful now that you're using the mechanical lock. The locking mechanism has quite a bit of plastic. Ours broke within 2 days and would not lock.

Not sure if you have a lemon, since with Fiat its hard to draw the line between a functioning car and a lemon
Jokes aside, you better look seriously into getting a refund or dumping the car ASAP while you still have time. I've been down this road, so trust me there's NO way you will ever get that car to 100%.
Old 19th July 2010, 09:25   #17
Senior - BHPian

So I have added Fiat into a list to join Skoda.
Old 19th July 2010, 09:52   #18
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear the plight of the OP. I will never buy a car if the company don't have their own showrooms and after sales facilities. I have a suspicion TATA are benchmarking their cars against FIAT and may be are not very enthusiastic about the FIAT service, to project their own cars in a better light in comparison? A win-win situation for them surely!
Old 19th July 2010, 10:31   #19
Senior - BHPian

Aah my day is spoilt already :-( Karthik: Feel sorry for you bro. I am still contemplating to buy a Linea. Hope all goes well with Fiat India soon.

I would like to quote what an Ex-Fiat India dealer(in Bangalore) top executive had to say about why this dealer quit Fiat dealership and moved on to a American Car brand dealership in Bangy, 5 to 6 years back.

Quote:
Fiat India MD called for an all India dealers meet in Mumbai sometime in 2004. The meeting was scheduled at 12pm followed by lunch. When all the dealers including this Bangalore dealer company MD owner arrived at the venue, the Fiat MD comes and says that the meeting to postponed to evening followed by dinner and walks away.

The Bangy dealer is a Chennai based businessman, owner of 18 companies! After hearing this news from Fiat MD, he was set to return back to Chennai in his chartered flight and directed his officials to send a Dealership termination letter to Fiat India. By the time he reached Chennai back, the termination letter was sent.
Looks like FIAT India has not learnt anything from their mistakes.

I started a thread for "Stocking parts for future" for good old Fiat 1100/ Premier Padmini. Link Here. This thread was needed more than a decade after Premier Automobiles closed the Padmini plant.
But sadly, looks like new Fiat owners too should start worrying about parts for future from now itself.

Fiat India: PLEASE improve the A.S.S before you reach bankruptcy state again.

Tata India: Use your century old ethics and improve the A.S.S for Fiat cars please!

Disclaimer: Regarding the quote above, I don't have any proof in writing. Mods, edit if needed.
Old 19th July 2010, 10:48   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
The Bangy dealer is a Chennai based businessman, owner of 18 companies! After hearing this news from Fiat MD, he was set to return back to Chennai in his chartered flight and directed his officials to send a Dealership termination letter to Fiat India. By the time he reached Chennai back, the termination letter was sent.
I suppose you are talking about Sundaram here. Well, they are no angels either. They were single handedly responsible for spoiling Fiat's reputation in Bangalore and Chennai with their atrocious service. I have had first hand experience way back in 2002 in Bangalore. Now they own a Honda dealership in Chennai and the pathetic service continues. I always advice my friends to avoid them like the plague.
Old 19th July 2010, 11:10   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
I suppose you are talking about Sundaram here. Well, they are no angels either. They were single handedly responsible for spoiling Fiat's reputation in Bangalore and Chennai with their atrocious service.
Sad to hear this. I wonder how TVS had won TQM award few years back.

Regarding parts availability at Tata Service centers, I had a long chat with Service CRM of KHT Motors. I showed him few threads of Team Bhp, bashing Fiat. On quizzing him about parts availability issues, he personally took me to the spares dept and gave me an idea of how well they had stocked the parts. They had all the parts which I asked for. Next time I go there, I will ask about AC compressor.

Bangalore Fiat owners: KHT Service centre is far superior compared to others. The CRM there is ready to help all Fiat owners with their issues.
Old 19th July 2010, 11:32   #22
Senior - BHPian

If Fiat is serious about the Indian market, they better start working on moving from the A.S.S. tie-up with Tata to slowly setting up their own network.

Like it or not, A.S.S. is a crucial part of the relationship. And while modern cars are very reliable, they still are machines and can fail.
Old 19th July 2010, 11:40   #23
Senior - BHPian

I think blaming TATA for the all the ills is not right. Whats Fiat's responsibility in this venture? We should not forget what Fiat was before. Can they blame TATA for their higher sales (relative) also?
Old 19th July 2010, 12:44   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
I think blaming TATA for the all the ills is not right.
TATA is being blamed here cos TATA is responsible for Sales, Spares and Service of Fiat cars in India.
Old 19th July 2010, 13:33   #25
Senior - BHPian

sad to hear the ordeal with a car done only 700kms.

But before everyone starts bashing FIAT i would like to tell them that same is faced with Maruti too.

When i purchased a maruti alto within 50 kms i realized that water is entering inside my car from the floor. to my shock they had missed the welding near the wheel archs. the seam welding had missed the spots.

now when my AC compressor was changed i had to struggle to get the RD bottle. Maruti is also facing problems with spare parts.

when in workshop i had also seen a 20 days old Swift VDI with engine seized.

Yes, i think FIAT should start their own exclusive service centres.
Old 19th July 2010, 20:21   #26
BHPian

karthik,

i am shocked reading thsi incident and that too with a new car.I know how it hurts when you get to experience such issues.

I did a TD of Linea, when i was deciding after lots of effort to get a TD. The dealership sucks big time here in Bangalore too.

I had liked the car, but gave it up after thinking about the A. s.s. I picked the ANHC instead.

I wish you all the good luck to get over this. I wonder whats happening to consumers in INDIA? absolutely no protection at all !
Old 20th July 2010, 15:45   #27
BHPian

Still no action

Hi,
Another four days have passed since my OP. Still no closure on my door locking mechanism.

Made another call to the Tata Fiat guy handling my case, and he did not respond evene after 3-4 attempts. Talked the the guy in charge of the Western Region for Tata Fiat. He has merely said that he would look into it and reply before EOD today.

Selling off the car is not such an easy option, will give me a nice little loss. I think I need Tata Fiat to take that car back and give me a refund. Anyone had experiences on such matters with our Consumer Courts?

Kar
Old 20th July 2010, 17:13   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik_rao
I think I need Tata Fiat to take that car back and give me a refund. Anyone had experiences on such matters with our Consumer Courts?
Know of atleast 2 such cases on the forum - one involving an Indica (drpullockaran) and another of a Sumo (varun). But it is a long drawn process - not everyone has the time/energy for going through that. So read up on those threads and see if you have it in you.
Old 20th July 2010, 21:17   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
Sad to hear this. I wonder how TVS had won TQM award few years back.

Regarding parts availability at Tata Service centers, I had a long chat with Service CRM of KHT Motors. I showed him few threads of Team Bhp, bashing Fiat. On quizzing him about parts availability issues, he personally took me to the spares dept and gave me an idea of how well they had stocked the parts. They had all the parts which I asked for. Next time I go there, I will ask about AC compressor.

Bangalore Fiat owners: KHT Service centre is far superior compared to others. The CRM there is ready to help all Fiat owners with their issues.
One Company of the TVS Group getting the Deming Prize does not mean the whole group is TQM oriented.

Both the Linea and Punto are stunners,but one feels scared to take the plunge with them since Fiat in India=Failure !!! Sad
Old 20th July 2010, 21:48   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik_rao View Post
Hi,
Another four days have passed since my OP. Still no closure on my door locking mechanism.

Made another call to the Tata Fiat guy handling my case, and he did not respond evene after 3-4 attempts. Talked the the guy in charge of the Western Region for Tata Fiat. He has merely said that he would look into it and reply before EOD today.

Selling off the car is not such an easy option, will give me a nice little loss. I think I need Tata Fiat to take that car back and give me a refund. Anyone had experiences on such matters with our Consumer Courts?

Kar
I don't recommend the consumer courts option right now. It's a long drawn process and will only cause you more heartache. Here's my suggestion:

a. Take a look at teambhp directory and find a different after sales station which has been rated higher.

b. The A/C compressor issue is a one of case for the Linea, something that can be fixed (or has that been fixed to your satisfaction?). As far as I can see it, mainly the dashboard area has been opened up, and the key has been made dysfunctional. Again, both problems can be fixed without your car actually being any worse off, rest assured, an A/C compressor fail doesn't make a car a lemon. Fiat takes some time to send the key(usually 2 months), there is another report of it on this forum.

Selling the car would hit your pocket quite hard. Although the service left such a bad taste in your mouth - specially in a spanking new car - I'd say that since there hasn't been any mechanical issues till date (say it's run 1000k), things would look up for sure. Then get Fiat India to issue you the free extended warranty (refund).

I'd be very annoyed if this happened to me after spending such a large sum of money, but I think in this case, it is practical to get the car fixed. I am forwarding a link to this thread to Fiat India, and I'd suggest dropping a mail to Mangesh as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks