Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2010, 16:20   #1
BHPian

Esteem Wipers do not cut off automaticatlly

HI friends,

My Wiper motor was not working couple of days back, hence i took to the electrician, who just Cleaned the Carbon brushes, it works good now, but the issue is it does not cut off even after turning off the switch, however the car is turned off it gets turned off(Assuming Relay issue). My Esteem is 99 VX. Please throw in some light if there is any relay for Wipers specifically ill get it changed.
Old 28th July 2010, 17:12   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster2 View Post
HI friends,

My Wiper motor was not working couple of days back, hence i took to the electrician, who just Cleaned the Carbon brushes, it works good now, but the issue is it does not cut off even after turning off the switch, however the car is turned off it gets turned off(Assuming Relay issue). My Esteem is 99 VX. Please throw in some light if there is any relay for Wipers specifically ill get it changed.
If it does not turn off even after turning off the switch, I believe the issue could be with the Wiper switch.
Old 28th July 2010, 17:19   #3
BHPian

Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarman_008 View Post
If it does not turn off even after turning off the switch, I believe the issue could be with the Wiper switch.
Hi Aarman,

I doubt the same as it runs in all speeds and even slows accordingly, just doesnt stop, sunds fishy link a cut off relay catch, I just want to identify where it is in order to replace it.
Old 28th July 2010, 18:05   #4
Team-BHP Support

Check the switch first or the connectors and wiring from the switch to the motor.
Old 28th July 2010, 23:17   #5
Senior - BHPian

I suspect the switch wiring to be faulty too, were you able to identify and sort out the problem ?
Old 29th July 2010, 00:53   #6
Senior - BHPian

Its a 99 esteem. Just check the the combination switch. If possibly change it. Its about Rs.680

Last edited by SirAlec : 29th July 2010 at 00:57.
Old 29th July 2010, 13:52   #7
BHPian

Hi Monster,
Just need a clarification. Did your wiper turn off properly, just before it conked off? Inside the wiper motor, there is a limit switch that signals the wiper controller that the motor has reached the home position. By any chance if the singal is not reaching the controller, the motor will be held ON till the controller sees the signal. I dont see a fault with the combi switch, as you say all the speeds are working fine. I guess the INT function is not working now, but turns ON the wiper motors in slow speed. Am I right? If this is the case, then check the signal wire & the controller.
-Ilango
Old 29th July 2010, 16:34   #8
BHPian

HI Team,

I could not get the time to check with the problem because of my sad work timing, Ill get it checked with the electrician on Sat, However i checked with combination switch cost it is 1650, But then as ilogop said the switch works fine some issue with the wiring i feel, however the parts guy said to check Wiper link, can any one help with the pic to check where it is located.
Old 30th July 2010, 00:10   #9
Senior - BHPian

That is expensive. Esteem uses two part or single assembly?
Old 30th July 2010, 01:00   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster2 View Post
HI Team,

I could not get the time to check with the problem because of my sad work timing, Ill get it checked with the electrician on Sat, However i checked with combination switch cost it is 1650, But then as ilogop said the switch works fine some issue with the wiring i feel, however the parts guy said to check Wiper link, can any one help with the pic to check where it is located.
It should be the wiper switch as the prime cause, May be the ON/OFF points are short making it run all the time,
Ask any mech to disconnect the outgoing power (from switch to wiper) then check using a small bulb, if the power still comes to output pin on combi-switch.
Rs.1650/- is quite expensive, Have you checked it on other spare part vendors, you certainly need to cross check the pricing at few shops as this price for a maruti based car looks more of a Rip off.
Old 30th July 2010, 15:55   #11
BHPian

Hi Team,

Ill take the car tomorrow to that electrician, I don't know how, but when i checked today morning it was working fine, but as i told you its intermittent, let me check with him and update you guys.

Thanks
Monster
Old 30th July 2010, 15:59   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post
It should be the wiper switch as the prime cause, May be the ON/OFF points are short making it run all the time,
Ask any mech to disconnect the outgoing power (from switch to wiper) then check using a small bulb, if the power still comes to output pin on combi-switch.
Rs.1650/- is quite expensive, Have you checked it on other spare part vendors, you certainly need to cross check the pricing at few shops as this price for a maruti based car looks more of a Rip off.
I know what you said is true, but this is the only place in hyd who sells 100% mgp spare, infact you can find the MAruti spare that you never find outside, I checked with other stores also but just last week i go cheated when i bought a mirror inner cover from outside, so i thought its good to buy from the place where you get MGP assured parts. I know that 1650 is big, hence ill just confirm if thats the issue tommorow.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks