Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2014, 19:11   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Swift Head Light problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
I checked all fuses. They are fine. Maybe, relay has developed some problems or any loose contacts.
Hi, the wiring harness will have its own set of fuses one for high and one for low beam. Make sure you checked that instead of the fuses present in the car fusebox. Guess that would have conked off.

If its a branded wiring harness, it has less chances of suffering from a loose contact compared to a custom built harness. Perhaps the relay connector has got oxidised or corroded. Remove the connectors and connect them back if the problem is not with the fuses.

Then verify that you hear a clicking sound when you turn the low beam on and off. If you dont hear any sound from the relay, the culprit is the relay.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2014, 20:34   #17
Team-BHP Support

Are you running relay in circuit, then check the wiring and relay. If not chances are the switch gear has burned out, low beam circuit. Assumption being all fuses, bulbs are aok.
Old 8th February 2014, 08:05   #18
BHPian

Thanks, All. I will go to a nearby FNG and get it checked and report back.
Old 8th February 2014, 13:08   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Then verify that you hear a clicking sound when you turn the low beam on and off. If you dont hear any sound from the relay, the culprit is the relay.
I got ready to go to the FNG, but thought of checking the sound. I opened bonnet and checked all wires in and around the relay (PMP Brand). Now i asked my wife to twist and switch on the head lamp so that i can hear the clicking sound and the black box relay was clicking. Guess what! I checked the headl-lamps and now they are ON. Tried everything, low beam, high beam, dipper and everything works.

Although i cancelled the boring trip to the FNG on a Saturday just for this, i am sure there is/are loose connection (s). I will get it checked in the weekday and ask the FNG to check everything. If there is slight sign of wear and tear i will ask them to install a new relay and wiring from Philips/Roots?/Bosch. How much does a relay cost?
Old 8th February 2014, 14:02   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

It should cost in the range of 200 or so. Have been using PMP since I couldn't get a Bosch. If the harness is a custom made one it's better you replace the harness if the relay is good.

Most Viewed