reignofchaos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2013, 00:49   #62
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Mitsubishi Cedia's maintenance cost

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
I believe the engine requires 3.6L.

thats without the oil filter right?
I changed the oil in my car and topped it up 3.6L for now. Some other owner told me 3.8L

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
@Captain Slow: I will have to look up the manual and let you know. BTW, my car does not come with Fog lamps, so I am not sure if the user manual will have that data.
Thanks Sun!
If you can the next time please check the capacity of Engine oil and gear box oil from the manual.

Cedia owners can get original delphi oil filters for your cars for just Rs80 vs the xxx from HM-Mistu.

Last edited by Captain Slow : 2nd April 2013 at 00:51.
Old 2nd April 2013, 16:46   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMG View Post
Friends

I have not used my cedia for the past 20 days. When I started the car yesterday,
Any idea what will be the cause? Do I have to take it to Service centre or run it for some more days and see...
It used run great before 20 days; no issues at all.
VMG, Please take it to service center asap. 20 days idle? From the symptoms, it looks like something is in the exhaust or in the air intake. Could be a tiny dead mouse or any other foreign matter.
Old 3rd April 2013, 10:54   #64
VMG
BHPian

Thanks Raja.
Mouse cut the wire goes to spark plug. Fixed it and now runs good.

As per Maya motors in Chennai, they sell only Pajero sports and stopped selling all other models of Mitsu.

Hope we get spares for Cedia for next 5 ears. I would like to keep my car for next 5 years minimum.
Old 3rd April 2013, 20:08   #65
Senior - BHPian

Mouse! I had terrible experience when I stayed in Kilpauk. Be careful, as they cut any cable and sometimes prone to accidents.
Yes, I too heard the same story. And most of good mechanics and service persons left the company already. I am in the same boat as you are and want to keep the car for another 5 years. Let us hope they have the spares.
Old 4th April 2013, 14:07   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMG View Post
Thanks Raja.
Mouse cut the wire goes to spark plug. Fixed it and now runs good.

As per Maya motors in Chennai, they sell only Pajero sports and stopped selling all other models of Mitsu.

Hope we get spares for Cedia for next 5 ears. I would like to keep my car for next 5 years minimum.
I think you will have to rely on outside market.
Even if the spares are available, the rates are going up every year. In February there was a 20% hike in pricing.
However, price of clutch plate is more than 100% hiked. I don't understand why.

Clutch replacement will cost Rs. 20000 now.
S_U_N is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2013, 15:14   #67
Senior - BHPian

Guys need some advice .
One of friend has a 2008 model cedia, he needs some help with his car.
He is getting some humming noise from his car, he has got his car checked with service center and they have checked all the stuff ( that's what they say) , but the sound is still there. The sound is not there when he starts the car , but as the car starts building up speed, the sound become very audible .
So they told him it could because of some issue with the gearbox, so they need to open the same and check and which cost around 80 k .

So he wanted to know if there is any reputed or reliable garage where he can get his car checked in Bangalore or is there anything else which can be checked for the same .
Please advise .

Cheers
Old 4th April 2013, 18:33   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
He is getting some humming noise from his car, he has got his car checked with service center and they have checked all the stuff ( that's what they say) , but the sound is still there. The sound is not there when he starts the car , but as the car starts building up speed, the sound become very audible .
Its depends on what kind of humming it is. First of all ask your friends to get the transmission oil changed if it has not been changed in the last 5 years. If it has been changed, ask him to get the level inspected. Low level of oil can also result in whinning noise. Secondly, is he experiencing any problem with the shifts, anything which was not there earlier. If there is a shifting issue, it can be transmission.

However, before getting the transmission opened, ask him to get the tires and wheel bearings inspected. The noise you are referring to here is mostly related to old/hard tires or kaput wheel bearings. I believe these will most likely be the cause of humming. Check the week/year on the tire and the condition of them, a tire expert can also be consulted if you have any issue diagnosing. Also, what tires he is running on also makes a difference. If its not the tires, wheel bearings is the next thing to check. The front ones I believe comes separate without an assembly (I don't know the price) but the rear ones come as a assembly (each side) and your friend will need to replace the complete hum which till 2 years back would have set him back by Rs.12,500/- but the prices have lately gone up and he may have to check with the ASC.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 4th April 2013 at 18:36.
Old 4th April 2013, 19:06   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post

Its depends on what kind of humming it is. First of all ask your friends to get the transmission oil changed if it has not been changed in the last 5 years. If it has been changed, ask him to get the level inspected. Low level of oil can also result in whinning noise. Secondly, is he experiencing any problem with the shifts, anything which was not there earlier. If there is a shifting issue, it can be
Thanks Gaurav,
I have forwarded your suggestions to him .
He is using ES100 on his ride and the threads are also pretty fine .
I will update once I get a reply from him .

Cheers
Old 4th April 2013, 20:08   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Gaurav,
I have forwarded your suggestions to him .
He is using ES100 on his ride and the threads are also pretty fine .
Any time!

Ahh, the ES100, they are know to get louder with kms. The S-drives too get louder after 5-8k kms. I wont be astonished if its the ES100s even if they are not old and have sufficient grip. They are proper rotation tires with huge treads, so the road noise is pretty high and it comes in as the tires runs more kms. I don't think there is much your friend can do with the tires. he can either live with them or change them.
Old 4th April 2013, 22:01   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
all cedia owners -
What kind of Engine oil does the car need? I want to switch to full sync oil.
What kind of gear box oil is used in the car?

I am asking this as I dont have the user manual with me.
Any help with this?
Quoting from service booklet:
Transmission fluid: 2.2 lit, Hypoid gear oil API GL-4, SAE-75 W - 85 W
Engine oil, 3.8 lit, 10W-30
Power steering fluid, 1.0 lit, ATF DEXRON II or Dexron III
Engine coolant, 6 lit, Super Long Life Coolant.
S_U_N is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2013, 00:14   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quoting from service booklet:
Transmission fluid: 2.2 lit, Hypoid gear oil API GL-4, SAE-75 W - 85 W
Engine oil, 3.8 lit, 10W-30
Power steering fluid, 1.0 lit, ATF DEXRON II or Dexron III
Engine coolant, 6 lit, Super Long Life Coolant.

Thank you soo much! I dont depend on the @ss much as everything they do seems overpriced! and lets not even speak about the quality.
I got the tranny oil changed, gear shifts are much better now.

Next is the coolant which will be a DIY and will put up a detailed guide on how to do it maybe helpful for other cedia owners.
@ss wants Rs700 labour + cost of the flush and other things!

Any idea on the kind of bulbs the fog lamps use?

Quote:
Guys need some advice .
So they told him it could because of some issue with the gearbox, so they need to open the same and check and which cost around 80 k .

So he wanted to know if there is any reputed or reliable garage where he can get his car checked in Bangalore or is there anything else which can be checked for the same .
Please advise .

Cheers

Don't let them touch the Trany! its very sensitive and SVR guys may not be able to put it back together properly.
A friends cedia who's car went in for a clutch replacement suffered heavily! Poor guy had to in 4 times to resolve the issue.

How many KM has the car run?
At what speeds does the humming sound come?
As a Quick test go a slope - - Switch to neutral - And let the car roll.
Check if you are still getting the sound.

I suspect the rear wheel bearing that must have gone bad.

Last edited by Captain Slow : 6th April 2013 at 00:35.
Old 18th January 2014, 20:37   #73
BHPian

Quote:
I think you will have to rely on outside market.
Even if the spares are available, the rates are going up every year. In February there was a 20% hike in pricing.
However, price of clutch plate is more than 100% hiked. I don't understand why.

Clutch replacement will cost Rs. 20000 now.
Hi, Need some help. I recently bought a 2nd hand Cedia (2008 model, Select LPG). At the service center, they have said that clutch is gone. After searching at team-bhp what I understand is that there is a lot of price fluctuations (some said 9K, or 14K etc). The A.S.S is quoting me 17K which I'm not convinced.

Can someone please redirect me to the right store/place/shop for the correct price for OEM entire clutch assembly (clutch plate, pressure plate & release bearings)?

Can the clutch or any OEM Part be imported from outside India? Any import charges etc?

Also, I need a 2nd opinion on the clutch. What's the best garage in hyderabad?

Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed