Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2010, 10:42   #1
VMG
BHPian

My Mitsubishi Cedia's maintenance cost

I got my car back after 50000km service from Maya motors.

Here is the Maintenace cost details:

Date KM service At KM? Cost Remarks

19-Nov-07 1000 654 0
8-May-08 10000 4377 798.41 Engine oil; Oil filter
4-Nov-08 20000 5323 871 Engine oil; Oil filter
8-May-09 30000 9988 1737 Engine oil; Oil filter; Labour
17-Nov-09 40000 14207 3311 Engine oil; Oil filter;Coolant;Brake Fluid plus Labour
28-Jul-10 50000 18612 2756 Engne tone up and flush;engine oil;oil filter plus labour

I have spent Rs.9473.41 so far towards maintenance and no issues with the car as of today and it runs great.
Maintenance cost works out 50P per KM.
I just want share this info.
Old 2nd August 2010, 10:44   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMG View Post
I got my car back after 50000km service from Maya motors.

Here is the Maintenace cost details:

Date KM service At KM? Cost Remarks

19-Nov-07 1000 654 0
8-May-08 10000 4377 798.41 Engine oil; Oil filter
4-Nov-08 20000 5323 871 Engine oil; Oil filter
8-May-09 30000 9988 1737 Engine oil; Oil filter; Labour
17-Nov-09 40000 14207 3311 Engine oil; Oil filter;Coolant;Brake Fluid plus Labour
28-Jul-10 50000 18612 2756 Engne tone up and flush;engine oil;oil filter plus labour

I have spent Rs.9473.41 so far towards maintenance and no issues with the car as of today and it runs great.
Maintenance cost works out 50P per KM.
I just want share this info.
Wow! Thats pretty reasonable VMG
Perhaps it would help if you could get a copy of last month ACI, they have listed the costs of regular service spares as well as accident repair costs.

The Cedia does not fare too well in the latter.
Old 2nd August 2010, 12:59   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hey VMG, nice to hear that the Cedia is doing good.

The first four services that is 0-30k mark costed almost same for my car too. But the fifth one (40k) was a bit costly (but its nothing considering the overall service costs), I went according to the service schedule sheet from Mitsubishi which the service station follows.. and it costed me some 8k. following is the price.. I have excluded the anti rust coating.

Engine Plushing- 506.66
Oil Filter- 126.21
Air Filter- 304.88
Fuel system clean- 2000
Brake oil- 213.33
Power steering oil- 316.66
Anti Rust Coating- 2,666.99 (after discount of 833.45)
Engine Oil- 623.81
Spark Plug- 984.85
Coolant- 493.3

Labour- 1,500
Parts total- 8,236.7
Service Tax- 154.5
Vat on parts- 823.7
Vat on oil and lubricants- 239.38
Grand total: 10,955

The fifth one again costed me about 2.3k.

I think power steering oil, spark plugs, and fuel system cleaning is required at 40k. Please note the complete fuel pump assembly of cedia is changed at 1 lac kms, theres no filter that is changed during services.. therefore it is advisable to get the fuel lines cleaned atleast every40k kms. If one lives in a place where quality of fuel is bad, the fuel lines should be plushed every 20k kms.

Also, I have got done wheel alignment one in last 30k kms and balancing was done when I got new set of tyres some 10k kms back. I got the alignment checked some 500k kms back and it was in place. one thing I must appreciate. I got the alignment done at 25k kms.. then I got it checked at 44k kms and now again at 54k kms, its right in place.. the set up doesn't seem to go wrong easily.

Regarding the prices quoted in ACI, prices of both body parts and running parts have increased since January. In between, there are a few mistakes too, the 26k for the bumper includes the front skirting thats itself costs about 16.5k (its almost same for civic sports and for the VW polo too). the bumper costs about 9k which of course is on higher side but still acceptable. the fuel filter quoted at about 21k is actually the complete fuel pump assembly which is changed at 1 lac kms. but then you dont pay for fuel filters during the service tenure. fuel filter of civic costs about 3.5k and if you replace it even 4 times during 1 lac kms its 14k.. But, what if you don drive till 1 lac kms.. you dont pay anything.. hehe..or you pay 21k after the some 5+ years even if I take the average run on 20k plus kms.. if its less probably it will be changed after 7-8 or even 10 years.. The front discs that costs about 6.5k is again faced atleast 3 times by the service station before they are replaced.. so its atleast 1 lac kms.. However, you do pay 1k each time you get the discs faced.

The thing is that most parts are replaced only when they are actually needed. the service station guides you correctly and never try to make money of situations.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 2nd August 2010 at 13:18.
Old 2nd August 2010, 13:08   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post

Regarding the prices quoted in ACI, prices of both body parts and running parts have increased since January. In between, there are a few mistakes too, the 26k for the bumper includes the front skirting thats itself costs about 16.5k (its almost same for civic sports and for the VW polo too). the bumper costs about 9k which of course is on higher side but still acceptable. the fuel filter quoted at about 21k is actually the complete fuel pump assembly which is changed at 1 lac kms. but then you dont pay for fuel filters during the service tenure. fuel filter of civic costs about 3.5k and if you replace it even 4 times during 1 lac kms its 14k.. But, what if you don drive till 1 lac kms.. you dont pay anything.. hehe..or you pay 21k plus 4k for fuel line cleaning after the some 5+ years even if I take the average run on 20k plus kms..
Well, ACI themselves were surprised at the cost of the Bumper and the fuel filter.
The fuel filter for the Cedia is changed at 1Lac KMS? Are you sure? Mitsubishi sure had a lot of faith in the Indian fuel
Old 2nd August 2010, 13:19   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Well, ACI themselves were surprised at the cost of the Bumper and the fuel filter.
The fuel filter for the Cedia is changed at 1Lac KMS? Are you sure? Mitsubishi sure had a lot of faith in the Indian fuel

some thing wrong in my lappy.. the things I edited are not shown. Anyways.

Yes.. I am hundred percent sure. I will get the service sheet next time I visit the service station and upload it. The fuel filter assembly is changed at 1 lac kms unlike the lancer which requires fuel filter change every 20k kms. Also, I am sure about the bumper and skirting prices.

Also 2k for fuel lines cleaning means the injectors too are cleaned in the process. so you don't pay extra for that. The transmission oil is also changed at 1 lac kms, thats ofcourse same for lancer too.

Further, 6.5k for front discs means , they face it atleast 3 times during the run and it should last for more than 1.2 lac kms, unlike the other OEMs which insist on discs change if lines appear on the same. Discs on my friends fiesta have already been changed at 40k kms as it had lines on it.

VGM, also get the air filter changed and check for brake pads.. they have anyways over performed if you havent changed them even once in last 50+k kms. I got mine changed at 30k kms because they went hard (were good for another 10k+ kms), I went for TRW after market brake pads (costed 2.1k for front ones at 30k kms and 1.9k for the rear ones at 38k kms).

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 2nd August 2010 at 13:38.
Old 6th August 2010, 14:51   #6
Senior - BHPian

VMG, it looks we bought the car almost the same time, (Sept 2007 is my Spirit), and have the same driving, my odo reading 19150 now. I too spent the same amount on maintenance.
Regarding warranty, as I reported earlier, they changed the Horn+Airbag assembly last year when the horn switch went bonkers, under warranty. Cost? Rs. 45K! Fully paid by Mitsu, including labor.
Accident repair? I had one. Bad deep bruise on the left rear body, tin work and quarter panel painting, costing Rs. 10,000 covered by insurance.
As you say, it is a breeze driving, honed a bit over 2 1/2 years driving. I have maxed it to 150 kmph, ran uphill to Ooty, roughed up over potholes of South Chennai suburbs in 2007 and 2008 (now almost all roads are good in Chennai).
Finally, even after almost 3 years, the treatment I get in Maya Motors is exemplary.
Old 6th August 2010, 23:45   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Mitsubishi sure had a lot of faith in the Indian fuel

Well when i inquired about injector cleaning the SA told me he has not done that on any mitsu in his 5 year career, same goes with the throttle cable. The quality of equipment is great, its only the accidental repairs which burns a hole in the pocket, well has anyone noticed the accidental cost incase of a ford? Well if yes then they would not complain mitsu charges high.

Pramod
Old 30th April 2011, 21:58   #8
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Mitsubishi Cedia's maintenance cost

Just bumping up an old thread here.
I have come across a nicely maintained Dec 2006 Cedia with 1 Lac KM running. The vehicle interiors and exteriors are very good for a car with this running.
The car has full service history available from A.S.S.
Considering this high running, what costs can I expect in the next two years?
What important parts should have been replaced at
80K service,
90K service,
100K service?
Can someone look up the service manual for me or suggest based on personal experience?
e.g
100K fuel pump assembly (as mentioned by Gaurav above), clutch, suspension overhaul, timing belt change?

I will be shortly checking the service history of this car from the A.S.S.

Last edited by S_U_N : 30th April 2011 at 22:04.
Old 30th April 2011, 22:18   #9
Senior - BHPian

Only 100k service would be expensive - the fuel pump will cost around 30k plus labor. The other services will be 2-4k. My car is nearing 60k and the only things that got replaced are the clutch which costed 8.5k for clutch plate + pressure plate + labor and the power steering fluid hose which leaked and that costed around 7.7k. Also front brake pad set costs 4.5k including labor and the rears cost 4k including labor. Every single part is an import from Japan and hence is a bit expensive. However the parts last forever.

No other issues so far and running as good as new. Touchwood!

Last edited by reignofchaos : 30th April 2011 at 22:21.
Old 1st May 2011, 16:22   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
I have come across a nicely maintained Dec 2006 Cedia with 1 Lac KM running. The vehicle interiors and exteriors are very good for a car with this running.
Anything over 3 lac rupees for this car is too much. I personally wont recommend buying a car with such high mileage. If you want to buy this car, check the service history properly and also get it checked from an authorised service station.

Quote:
Considering this high running, what costs can I expect in the next two years?
What important parts should have been replaced at
80K service,
90K service,
100K service?
Can someone look up the service manual for me or suggest based on personal experience?
e.g
100K fuel pump assembly (as mentioned by Gaurav above), clutch, suspension overhaul, timing belt change?
You will need to carry out all the jobs mentioned above until the previous owner has already got them done.

Fuel Pump Assembly - 23k including 1k labour
Timing Belt - 5 k including 1k labour
Clutch - 9k including labour
Flywheel (may be) - 12k including labour (if I remember right)
Suspension Overall - 45k including labour

Any pipe (steering, ac etc) will cost upward of 8-9k.

If the above mentioned has been carried out by the owner, you may pay around 3.5 max.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2011, 20:31   #11
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Gaurav. I wouldn't buy a car with this high running, but this car's condition is better than another Cedia which I had seen earlier which had only 38 K running.
Overall the car feels about 40K KM old to me.
I would get the detailed service history from the A.S.S.
The car has been regularly serviced (every 10K KM) at the A.S.S. The last service was done at 1 lac KM. The owner spend some 25K on the 90K or 1 lac KM service (I don't remember which one).
Positives: Car has been run only 600 KM after last service. New tyres (BS Potenzas - all five) run about 6000 KM. Battery 2 year old. All electricals in working condition.
Negatives: Gear knob color is worn out. This is the only thing in the entire car which looks old. Difficult to move from 2nd to 3rd. Owner indicated that this was right from day one, but he didn't want A.S.S to open up the gearbox to rectify this.

BTW two off-topic questions:
1. Was ABS available in 2006 Cedias?
2. What features did the Select edition not have, which were available in Sports or Elegance back in year 2006?

Used Cedia's are hard to come by in this part of the country, hence prices are not as low as in Delhi. The valuation for this car is around 4.75 lac as per carwale.com.
(I would expect buyers to target 3.9-4.2 lacs for this car in Pune.)

Last edited by S_U_N : 1st May 2011 at 20:35.
Old 2nd May 2011, 09:51   #12
Senior - BHPian

ABS has been present in all Cedias from the beginning. Only thing missing in the select was leather interiors.
reignofchaos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2011, 15:06   #13
Senior - BHPian

@Sun : You're most welcome

Quote:
Positives: Car has been run only 600 KM after last service. New tyres (BS Potenzas - all five) run about 6000 KM. Battery 2 year old. All electricals in working condition.
These things wont burn a hole in pocket, the things I listed earlier will. Check if those have been sorted or if you need to take care of them.

Quote:
Negatives: Gear knob color is worn out. This is the only thing in the entire car which looks old. Difficult to move from 2nd to 3rd. Owner indicated that this was right from day one, but he didn't want A.S.S to open up the gearbox to rectify this.
At 1 lac kms, the gear shifts should have been super smooth. the gears of cedia gets better with age, believe me.

There is a hesitation in new cars to go from first to second but no one and I repeat no one has mention about problem shifting from 2nd to 3rd. Also, the hesitation of shiftin from first to second goes with time, within 20k kms.

Quote:
BTW two off-topic questions:
1. Was ABS available in 2006 Cedias?
2. What features did the Select edition not have, which were available in Sports or Elegance back in year 2006?
Yes, as ROC mentioned ABS was available in all cedias.

The select edition didnt have fog lights and leather seats compared to elegance. Though, sports too didnt have these in 2006.

Quote:
Used Cedia's are hard to come by in this part of the country, hence prices are not as low as in Delhi. The valuation for this car is around 4.75 lac as per carwale.com.
(I would expect buyers to target 3.9-4.2 lacs for this car in Pune.)
Used cedias are hard to come by in any part of India. It isnt easy to find them in Delhi either. Also, car wale valuations are based on formulas and are correct for most cars. But for a car such as cedia, the valuations are not appropriate. A member D_Payne bought a 2006 cedia sports with over 30k on the clock for 5.5 lac in 2009. The car also had few grand worth accessories too. You are in 2011 and then this car isnt a sports and then its 1 lac kms done. Even in pune, any thing over 3.5-3.7 for this car will be too much.

On car wale valuation, check fair prices for this car, 4 lac for individual and 3.5 for dealer.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 2nd May 2011 at 15:13.
Old 2nd May 2011, 15:14   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post

The select edition didnt have fog lights and leather seats compared to elegance. Though, sports too didnt have these in 2006.
Actually the car was launched that way but when I got my sports, they were offering factory fitted fog lamps for free in the select too . This was early 2007.
reignofchaos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2011, 16:44   #15
Senior - BHPian

^^ That could have been a free bee offer in Bangalore I guess. Because, mine I bought in Sept 2007, Spirit and didn't have fog lamps as standard or not even offered free. Only Sports model had fog lamps as standard.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks