Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2010, 19:53   #1
BHPian

Noise while accelerating Punto 1.4

I have been getting this high noise(like auto ?) from my punto 1.4 while accelerating (second service onwards )

While taking that video, the rpm was always below 3k rpm. Tata and Fiat guys tried to find the issue many times, but they have been unable to find it so far. They are now blaming it(they call it knocking noise) on bad fuel which is not the case since I didn't refill petrol between second service and the first occurrence of this noise. Also I tried changing fuel (from IOL to Shell ) and the issue persists. Appreciate if someone can provide some idea on the possible reasons for this issue
Old 4th August 2010, 21:11   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

It is diffucult to figure out the noise 'coz the video has been filmed from inside the car.How many kms has the car done?

You could check the following:
  1. Do you feel a drop in pick up and some sort of chugging sound?If yes,one of your plugs is not firing.
  2. Check if the oil level is normal(engine to be shut off and level to be checked only after ,say,10 minutes).
  3. If oil level is normal,open bonnet.Start engine and check if you hear some sort of clatter.If yes,your tappets need to be set.
Old 5th August 2010, 11:26   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
  1. Do you feel a drop in pick up and some sort of chugging sound?If yes,one of your plugs is not firing.
  2. Check if the oil level is normal(engine to be shut off and level to be checked only after ,say,10 minutes).
  3. If oil level is normal,open bonnet.Start engine and check if you hear some sort of clatter.If yes,your tappets need to be set.
1. No drop in pick up
2. Oil level is normal
3. Not able to hear that also

10,000 kms on odo
Old 5th August 2010, 13:01   #4
Senior - BHPian

could hear it knocking at the start of the video, a friend of mine had knocking problems in his linea and it improved when he tried speed97 from a reputed bunk . maybe drain the fuel in the tank and get it cleaned and try

Last edited by bottle : 5th August 2010 at 13:13.
Old 23rd August 2010, 19:14   #5
BHPian

Not sure what the service center guys did :(. I am uploading one more video with better video and sound

Old 25th August 2010, 19:28   #6
BHPian

Can someone pls provide some ideas on what could be causing this noise ? :(
Old 7th December 2010, 22:52   #7
BHPian

Are you still facing the problem? I am not able to hear your recording clearly. But one thing I have noticed in my car(1.4GP) is that it is silent while idling and when accelerate , especially in 1,2 gears it gives a very unrefined feeling. Once it cross 60 km/h in higher gear it is smooth till 3000 rpm mark. After that I haven't tried since mine is a new car.

Most Viewed