Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2010, 11:38   #1
BHPian

Damaged Reverse gear shift gate assembly - Ford Ikon Flair 2006

Hi all,
One fine day, the reverse gear stopped functioning in my dad's Ford Ikon Flair. He shifter would not move into the reverse gear slot. The vehicle was taken to My-TVS at Indranagar (near Neyveli - TN). The had removed the shift lever linkages and dropped down the GB. This time they were able to shift while the GB was dropped down. Again after putting it up onto the engine, the problem reappeared. So we took back the vehicle from My-TVS, and headed towards MPL Ford in Pondicherry.

The guys opened up the GB and concluded that the reverse shifting gate assembly was worn out and had to be replaced, at a cost of about Rs 8000/- for the part and close to 1500/- for labour. The vehicle has done so far only 27K and odd Kms and it was surprising to see a power train part failing so soon. So I had written to a friend in Ford Chennai, to whom I had mentioned the problem and asking for free replacement of part as this failure was not the outcome of any abuse or misuse of the car.

Now the job is done at Pondi and the car is ready for delivery. But the real problem is we are stuck in between, neither hearing any response from the dealer nor from Ford India. The dealer says that the invoice has been sent to the Regional Sales Manager, and they are yet to hear from him. But I have no clue of what exactly is happening inside the company, about this issue. So please suggest what needs to be done or could be done, so that we dont have to pay for a manufacturer's fault.

Apart from this the Ignition coil was replaced an year back, and now the wiper linkages needs a replacement. I would like to know from other Ikon Flair users if they too incurr higher running costs at >27k kms or only ours is the bad piece from the lot.
-Ilango
PS: Mods please move this to an appropriate place, if it doesnt fit here.
Old 5th August 2010, 14:21   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Ilango, you can also check Benny's thread :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1204995-post214.html
Old 6th August 2010, 09:15   #3
BHPian

Thanks Condor,
Yesterday my dad had received a call from the MPL Ford. My dad was informed that the Ford people are offering a 50% discount on the bill. Will update you with the split up, as my dad will collect the vehicle tomorrow.
Old 7th August 2010, 00:26   #4
BHPian

Nice to see Ford at least gave 50% off for such defect on a 4 yr. old car.
I don't think that's much possible for other brands when car has done 27k on odo.
Old 7th August 2010, 16:29   #5
BHPian

Guys,
Dad took the vehicle back. Costed Rs 4886/- in all. Part + Oils + Labour.
Old 7th August 2010, 17:55   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post
Nice to see Ford at least gave 50% off for such defect on a 4 yr. old car.
I don't think that's much possible for other brands when car has done 27k on odo.
Yes, 50% off on such a defect for a 2006 car is just superb!!.. Did benny get this??..
btw, this gives me some hope (Mine is a 2007 Flair), considering the dull service PVS Ford Calicut offers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks