Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2014, 14:01   #31
BHPian

Re: corsa engine oil light

MFC were initially clueless what to do. With the info I had from Rajeev and endles searches on the net, I asked them to go in sequence.
#check the oil pressure switch (I had already checked the oil level).
#clogged oil pump suction strainer
#oil pump itself (last)

The service Advisor was impressed with my knowledge . So where he was ready to send me awayvto a GM dealer, he now asked the mechanic to do these steps.
I took a video of the problem first. Not sure how to upload here.
They did not have proper gauge to check/measure the workings. I offerred to replace all yhe aforementioned parts. Attaching the photo of oil pressure switch.
I tok a snap and sent it to a dealer I saw on The net who stocked most spares. Went to his shop and got the part. He was not sure it would fit as he just had the photo I sent.i took a gamble and bought it anyway. Brought it to MFC, where the mechanic Siddharth, a energetic young guy replaced it and viola, no more oil light. Took a trial just to satisfy myself. All well. So finally can say that this problem is resolved Thanks Rajeev for your help and inputs.And Ray for your inputs too.

Last edited by Scorp72 : 7th June 2014 at 14:03.
Old 7th June 2014, 14:54   #32
BHPian

Re: Engine Oil Light stays on!

Not sure if I am successful in uploading the photo if my old oil pressure switch.but here it is.
Attached Thumbnails
Engine Oil Light stays on!-20140607_1039432.jpg  

Engine Oil Light stays on!-20140607_1039432.jpg  

Engine Oil Light stays on!-20140607_1246032.jpg  

Old 7th June 2014, 22:07   #33
BHPian

You are most welcome. Looks like a typical GM oil pressure switch, glad it did not rupture and leak oil all over.
I did not know you were in Pune, assumed you were in Mumbai. Don't they have mobile techs/mechanics who come to your home and fix/service your vehicle?
Attaching a picture of a typical oil pressure switch socket.
Attached Thumbnails
Engine Oil Light stays on!-oil-pressure-switch.jpg  

Ray32825 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2014, 10:56   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray32825 View Post
Don't they have mobile techs/mechanics who come to your home and fix/service your vehicle?
That is a business opportunity in Pune. A few years back an enterprising person opened Such a service Autovega, I think. But the technicians managing the individual service vehicles made contacts with the customers and took away. Very opportunistic world.
The Chevy emergency help did not have a scanner, so calling him and paying 600 bucks for nothing was not an option.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray32825 View Post
Attaching a picture of a typical oil pressure switch socket.
Thanks for the pics. Will try to buy this and add to my kit.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks