Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2010, 15:38   #1
Senior - BHPian

ACI-GM India- Design a Chevy Contest

Hi folks, just came across this contest on the Autocar website

seems a good opporutnity for budding designers inside us, i always wanted to do something in automotive design but couldn't due to some constraints. Well i thought lets share it here and let others take the initiative. Mods, i hope this is the right place to put this thread up. Thanks

Driving a car is considered one of the highest forms of individual freedom. But what if you were able to design a car that tens of thousands of people would love to drive? Well, you now have an opportunity of doing so.

Autocar India along with General Motors (GM) India is looking for people who have a flair and passion for design and can come up with something creative for Chevrolet’s new car.

The iconic bowtie adorns cars like the Beat, Spark and Cruze, some of the company’s best-sellers in India. And the Chevrolet badge could also sit on the next car that’s been designed by you!

The Autocar-GM India contest is open to students from all over the country. The objective of this contest is to design a car that would appeal to Indian tastes, preferences and requirements. The design should also keep in mind Indian driving conditions, the environment and safety.

Here are the more details

Design the next Chevrolet! | Autocar India
Old 10th August 2010, 15:55   #2
BHPian

Nice initiative. However I think they should have made it open and not restrict it only for students. I went ahead and registered though
Old 10th August 2010, 17:48   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

What are the Daewoo Designers going to do now? Jokes aside, I think this is a great initiative. Some members have posted rendering of Indian models that look far better than the original. For example check out the Tata Xenon based SUV that one of the members have posted on this forum. The rendering looks much better than the Safari or even Tata's Piglet - Grande Mark II.
Old 1st September 2010, 11:47   #4
Senior - BHPian

just came to know from a source, the dates have been extended, i bet more and more TeamBHPians must take part in this opportunity.
Old 4th September 2010, 16:07   #5
BHPian

The last date for registration is now, the 10th of September 2010. And the deadline for submission is the 15th.
I've drawn a sketch of my idea for a new version of Tavera (or a people mover). Isometric and side profile. Lazy to draw the other two (which need scales)

Will post it here instead, soon.
Old 6th September 2010, 23:55   #6
BHPian

My contribution

Here you can see my attempt I ever wished to train from a professional centre but never happened!
Creations_Unveiled...: My (unseen) design to the chevy design contest

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks