Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2010, 12:01   #31
BHPian

Keeping the blower speed to minimum speed helps.

Am not sure how many are aware of the fact but in the blower speed 1,2,3,4. The most chilling is done in speeds 2 and 3. If you switch the blower speed to the max, does not mean it will do more chilling. It will blow more air, that's it. The chilling is quicker in low blower speed than the maximum. The compressor never stops or trips off like the ACs we have at home.

Also, I don't understand why are people not able to bear the chilling done by the AC, we anyways have temp control.

Reducing power for AC to decrease load on Engine. I don't think there is a way to so that, otherwise all commercial vehicles+hotels and restaurants would start doing that to reduce elce bill.
Old 16th August 2010, 22:20   #32

So, now I feel a noticeable 'surge' in power every now & then when driving with the A/c on. I don't think I feel the compressor switching on & off though. Any reasons why?
Old 17th August 2010, 06:23   #33
BHPian

The compressor never switches off unless the AC itself is switched off.

There is no way to reduce the load on Engine. It has become a habit for me, whenever I have to overtake a vehicle quick, I switch OFF the AC and then switch it on after overtaking is done. This acts like NITRO on lower gears
Old 17th August 2010, 17:10   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilangop View Post
The Engine ECU takes care to cut-off the AC compressor when the Accelerator pedal is suddenly floored.
And how and when does the compressor restart? Maybe its too much to expect this feature is my humble Nano.
Old 28th August 2023, 12:48   #35
BHPian

Re: Figo -How can I Reduce load on the engine due to AC?

When the AC is off, the car pulls and accelerates and flies at speeds more than that of the Gatimaan Express. But when the AC is turned on - temperature set at 26 degrees and blower speed of 2 - the car struggles to maintain 100.

Is there any mechanical problem to look at here? Car in question here is an 1800cc petrol car.
Old 28th August 2023, 16:00   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil4585 View Post
When the AC is off, the car pulls and accelerates and flies at speeds more than that of the Gatimaan Express. But when the AC is turned on - temperature set at 26 degrees and blower speed of 2 - the car struggles to maintain 100.

Is there any mechanical problem to look at here? Car in question here is an 1800cc petrol car.
Octavia, Laura, Elantra, Civic or Corolla? If yes, then there is something seriously wrong with the Aircon.

If however it is Amby or Contessa, then no idea.

You mentioned that you set the blower speed and the temperature. Any reason for not using auto mode?
Old 29th August 2023, 08:13   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antz.bin View Post
Octavia, Laura, Elantra, Civic or Corolla? If yes, then there is something seriously wrong with the Aircon.

If however it is Amby or Contessa, then no idea.

You mentioned that you set the blower speed and the temperature. Any reason for not using auto mode?
It is a Corolla. No particular reason for not using the auto mode.

The cooling is good, just that it saps a lot of power. Can low refrigerant be a reason?
Old 29th August 2023, 08:35   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil4585 View Post
It is a Corolla. No particular reason for not using the auto mode.

The cooling is good, just that it saps a lot of power. Can low refrigerant be a reason?
If it is a refrigerant issue, the car will be very slow to cool down. It will take a few minutes before you start feeling the cold air. We faced this on the Civic a couple of years back.

The issue could be with the compressor on its last legs. Maybe that's what sapping the power to overcome the resistance of a failing compressor.
antz.bin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2023, 13:45   #39
BHPian

I’d get the compressor checked if I was you, to make sure it’s not showing signs of wear and consuming extra power. A stage one tune will help too, if you want more power and torque.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks