Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2010, 11:26   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
Did you try Advaith Hyundai on Outer Ring Road? It's right opposite to the Intel campus.

Yeah, check the post I have made on 16th. Used to get my car regularly service there. Had given my car there already but after the SA approached me for a bribe to replace the faulty parts (if any) I decided to take it back.

If they are ready to give me good parts if I bribe, possibility is that they give the good parts in my car to someone else if someone else bribes.

Last edited by Googleman : 17th August 2010 at 11:28.
Old 17th August 2010, 12:22   #17
BHPian

The pulling to the right could be due to worn out tie-rod end. Apart from the tie-rod end other usual suspects are,
Sticking break
Damaged drive shaft
Damaged/Worn out Lower Arm,
Worn out damper unit.
Old 17th August 2010, 12:35   #18
Senior - BHPian

Guys i think we all missed one thing, what is the width of the tyres, if they are wide enough they are known to follow the contour of the road, also check if the tyres are of rotation type, if yes then check the rotation, the wobbling could me due to many reasons, first check if the ally has any bent, swap with the rear ones and try taking the u turn, if still has a problem then the suspension mount or the lowering arm has a bent, just take it to a alignment shop and take the current readings from them and post it here, will let you know what to do next.

Pramod
Old 17th August 2010, 12:38   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Guys i think we all missed one thing, what is the width of the tyres, if they are wide enough they are known to follow the contour of the road, also check if the tyres are of rotation type, if yes then check the rotation, the wobbling could me due to many reasons, first check if the ally has any bent, swap with the rear ones and try taking the u turn, if still has a problem then the suspension mount or the lowering arm has a bent, just take it to a alignment shop and take the current readings from them and post it here, will let you know what to do next.

Pramod
I've swapped tyres and checked but no positive results. Posting the alighment readings looks like a good Idea. Will do that ASAP.
Old 17th August 2010, 12:43   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googleman View Post
I've swapped tyres and checked but no positive results. Posting the alighment readings looks like a good Idea. Will do that ASAP.

The width of the tyre is an import thing please post that as well, so you are telling me the slow speed wobbling exists even after swapping the rims and tyres?

Pramod
Old 17th August 2010, 12:43   #21
BHPian

Quote:
If the steering tilts to one side I would first check both ends of the tie-rod before anything else.
Old 17th August 2010, 13:11   #22
BHPian

Quote:
The width of the tyre is an import thing please post that as well, so you are telling me the slow speed wobbling exists even after swapping the rims and tyres?

Pramod
yes. The wobbling is not on straight roads, Not even a bit. The wobbling is when I take a very sharp turn like a U-turn.

Am sorry but I haven't noted down the tyre width. It's michelene tubeless that's what I know

Quote:
Originally Posted by novice View Post
If the steering tilts to one side I would first check both ends of the tie-rod before anything else.
Sure will get it checked, or anyway I can do it myself? I mean like we can check if lower arm is bent by seeing it itelf.
Old 17th August 2010, 14:05   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
yes. The wobbling is not on straight roads, Not even a bit. The wobbling is when I take a very sharp turn like a U-turn.
I guess you have still didn't get my question, did you swap the tyres along with the rim? if yes did you try taking a u turn and see if the wobbling still exists?

Quote:
Am sorry but I haven't noted down the tyre width. It's michelene tubeless that's what I know
look at the tyre you would find some numbers like 165 70 R 13 on the tyre walls out of this 165 is the width 70 is the profile and 13 is the wheel Diameter. i had Michelins earlier, mine were not directional but had an inside and outside marking and an asymmetric pattern, Try finding out on the wall if you see outside written on all tyre walls, also chek if you have some thing like this "<< Rotation" if yes tell me which direction for example, front left wheel the "<< Rotation" points forward.

Pramod
Old 17th August 2010, 14:12   #24
BHPian

Quote:
I guess you have still didn't get my question, did you swap the tyres along with the rim? if yes did you try taking a u turn and see if the wobbling still exists?
Yes I got it. I tried changing it with Rims and only tyres also. No hope.

Quote:
look at the tyre you would find some numbers like 165 70 R 13 on the tyre walls out of this 165 is the width 70 is the profile and 13 is the wheel Diameter. i had Michelins earlier, mine were not directional but had an inside and outside marking and an asymmetric pattern, Try finding out on the wall if you see outside written on all tyre walls, also chek if you have some thing like this "<< Rotation" if yes tell me which direction for example, front left wheel the "<< Rotation" points forward.

Pramod
Yes, I know I can find the numbers on the tyres for the type of tyre, but I am at office and not using my car for now. I don't want to go wheeless on the road. The tyres are directional and it is installed properly. The red lines should be on the outer side of the tyre I suppose and that's hwo it is.

This is not an installation problem since the pulling-to-right problem started occouring recently, I had changed the tyres 1 year ago.
Old 17th August 2010, 14:45   #25
BHPian

@ Googleman: Understand your situation, sorry to hear that.

One question though, how many kilometers your tyres and alloys has run now? You said it is Micheline so the possible issue with tyres can be considered later - provided the tyre is within its life and condition.

By reading your posts, these are my key obesrvations.

(1)You had no problems initially, but when problems started you took it to Hyundai and they did rotation/alignment and the issue disappeared for few days (but returned later). This in my opinion points to the issues being with the rotation/alignment itself and those being out after few days of running. Am still unable to explain the reason for the issue reappearing after few days, but I have experienced myself few times. The one possilble solution is to take it to some real tyre experts (look at the Bangalore TBHP directory) and try out.

(2) when you werent happy with Hyundai you gave your car for 2 days with local mechanic and after that unsure what all he has done/replaced. Hope that nothing bad he did to your car.

From my understanding, the issue is pointing towards a wheel alignment issue, please take it to a professional wheel alignment center and try out - before you do anything else.

If the above does not resolve you rproblem take your car to a descent mechanic (reliable) and then check for the issues various people pointing towards, suspension, lower arm, tie rods, brake discs etc

All the best

Narayanang76

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks