Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2010, 14:26   #61
BANNED

Getting Scratches removed from Winshield

Hi Friends,

I'm not sure in which section my query should appear hence I think this is the right place.

Recently on a trip to Bandipur, my Car's frong glass got scartches due to fall of a Tree Branch while driving on Nanjangud-Gundlupet section and due to this there are several scratches on the Windscreen.

If anyone can help me in finding the right place in Bangalore, preferably in Banshankari Area to get the Windscreen scratches removed or any other method that I can perform at my own to get rid of these scratches.

@ Moderators if the topic has to appear in some other section, then please move it to appropriate section.

Looking forward to everyone's guidance.

Last edited by Jaggu : 20th September 2010 at 17:32. Reason: Please use Search before opening a new thread, Thanks
Old 20th September 2010, 15:32   #62
Senior - BHPian

Hey buddy, I had a similar incident recently while driving to my in laws farmhouse which left the glass on the driver side window with some scratches.
I too my Getz to the Service station who confirmed that these, since on a Glass, could not be removed and insisted that only a Glass replacement was the fix!! :(

I am just as curious as you are to know if any of the experts here can help us with an alternative fix on this issue.
Old 20th September 2010, 16:33   #63
BHPian

I guess a thread on this already exists. Try searching. I think buffing was suggested in that thread.
Old 20th September 2010, 17:12   #64
Senior - BHPian

^^ Yes, I have got this done for my Scorpio's windshield. Please check the link below for details :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...removal-4.html
Old 15th February 2012, 00:45   #65
rkw
BHPian

Re: Windshield Scratches removal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
I left a query on their website a couple of days ago for wiper blade marks/scratches on my windshield (have 3 ugly ones).
Got a call today from them (Mumbai office) asking where and what exactly are the scratches all about.

This gentleman told me that someone is visiting Delhi from Mumbai and he will call and come over to inspect the scratches, and will give me a quote of the price for repair.

Pretty neat I suppose!
There were some minor paint spots on the windshield. Asked the local accessory shop about removal. The person removed the spots with the paper cutter blade (the one they use to clean the glass surface before putting sunfilm). The paint marks are gone but now minor scratches ( like swirl marks) have come up.
Any solution and cost details?
Looks like Glass Polish India removes such scratches.

@ankitahuja - Did you receive the quote then?
Old 15th February 2012, 21:42   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkw View Post
There were some minor paint spots on the windshield. Asked the local accessory shop about removal. The person removed the spots with the paper cutter blade (the one they use to clean the glass surface before putting sunfilm). The paint marks are gone but now minor scratches ( like swirl marks) have come up.
Any solution and cost details?
Looks like Glass Polish India removes such scratches.

@ankitahuja - Did you receive the quote then?

None whatsoever!

Has anyone even tried them on Tbhp? I see no news if these people are even for real.
Old 13th June 2012, 22:39   #67
BHPian

Having some scratches on the wind shield of my Estillo. Went to Car Spa in Total Mall at Sarjapur Road, but the guy there - Umesh said he cannot guarantee on the scratches. He did not even look at the scratches.90% of the scratches were very very fine, only visible during night and the rest are not deep in the fingernail test. Need to try out WindshieldExperts later during the week. I am surprised that none of the Bangalore workshops do this. My local workshop in Trivandrum did a quick and clean job by buffing the windshield of my older car for just 200/- !!!
Old 17th June 2012, 01:10   #68
BHPian

Red Rouge is available at a shop in Mumbai on Princess street. Address:

M/s Amrutlal Bhurabhai,
Dawabazaar,
Anand Bhuvan, Princess St.,
Mumbai, 400 002

I have used it before (DIY telescope mirror making) and intend to use it on my windshield. Look up "DIY dobsonian telescope" for details on the process. Also, at the shop, you'll have to haggle for small quantities. Tell them it's for polishing an old mirror or something, else they'll go into rip-off-the-gaadiwala mode.
Old 7th August 2012, 07:40   #69
BHPian

The 2005 Corolla that we've bought, I've experienced an issue. Its the scratches on the windshield. I still have okay vision but on coming lights almost leave me with no vision of the road. With well lit Delhi roads it is okay, but is a hazard any which way. These are wiper scratches where I guess the wiper has been used to clean the windshield without any water. Need your suggestions for a polishing/touch up job in Delhi. Please Help!
Old 25th November 2012, 22:59   #70
BANNED

Is there any proven glass scratch removal technic/product? while i read from net and forums, it seems 50%. So i am confused. how to remove scratches from glass. not only with windshield, but also the driver side too
Old 25th November 2012, 23:08   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivanoj View Post
Is there any proven glass scratch removal technic/product?
have you tried windshield experts? though i have not availed their service but looks like the service of 'scratch removal' works out almost same as replacing your windshield under insurance [ofcourse depends on the car model]. recently when i called windshield experts for the scratch removal they offered to replace the glass under the insurance [car- maruti zen].

EDIT: even 3M provides service of 'windshield polishing'.

Last edited by somspaple : 25th November 2012 at 23:10.
Old 26th November 2012, 20:38   #72
BHPian

My Honda Unicorn, after a minor accident, got a scratch about 2 inches long (and deep enough that I could feel the pit on the glass with my finger)on the headlight glass. I gave it to Honda authorised service center and they buffed the glass at some outside agency and charged Rs 150/-. Anyway, after the buffing, the scratch has vanished TOTALLY. Even after meticulous inspection, I could not find the trace of any scratch. I have no doubt that the same technique could be used on windshield glass
Old 26th November 2012, 22:00   #73
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley Nair View Post
My Honda Unicorn, after a minor accident, got a scratch about 2 inches long (and deep enough that I could feel the pit on the glass with my finger)on the headlight glass. I gave it to Honda authorized service center and they buffed the glass at some outside agency and charged Rs 150/-. Anyway, after the buffing, the scratch has vanished TOTALLY. Even after meticulous inspection, I could not find the trace of any scratch. I have no doubt that the same technique could be used on windshield glass

Not sure but if you are referring to the outer casing on the headlight dome then isn't that made of plastic rather than glass?
Old 29th November 2012, 16:19   #74
BHPian

I am not referring to the outercasing but the Headlamp glass in front of the reflector
Old 29th November 2012, 17:43   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley Nair View Post
I am not referring to the outercasing but the Headlamp glass in front of the reflector
The headlamp glass on a unicorn that you're referring to is plastic.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks