Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2010, 10:15   #16
evo
BHPian

Aha, your site is fantastic. Just pasted it on Skoda India`s official facebook page. Become a member and let them know.
Old 16th August 2010, 15:34   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo View Post
Aha, your site is fantastic. Just pasted it on Skoda India`s official facebook page. Become a member and let them know.
I have posted a review of the superb on their FB page here:
Welcome to Facebook

Lets see if they leave it up there, or delete it. Have 1 "like" there already - lets see how many it gets - maybe that will get someone's attention that way... That seems to be the problem, I seem to have fallen through the cracks in their customer service initiative, and am not being allowed to talk to the people in the company who actually have the power to help..

I cant understand what the problem could be other wise - the car was defective when it was driven out of the showroom, and there are documented communications since then - there *cant* be any problem, except that the decision makers havent seen all the facts yet. With all the facts, it seems to be a pretty open-shut case..!
Old 22nd August 2010, 23:00   #18
BHPian

Hope you get reimbursed like Gagan did.
Old 23rd August 2010, 11:20   #19
Senior - BHPian

I am surprised that you have not really considered going the legal route after your ordeal. I am sure they court will favour you as you genuinely have a lemon. Skoda is smartly milking you as you seem to be a very very tolerant man. But 3 years is just too much I am surprised that you are still allowing them to keep tinkering your car and keeping it with them in unusable condition without you make a hue and cry or going the legal way. Full reimbursement is the only verdict that you should be be satisfied with.
Old 23rd August 2010, 11:49   #20
BHPian

Hi All,

Thanks for your support... It seems like taking the legal route might be an option - im going to consult other owners like Harish, and hopefully everyone's ordeals into account, I'll be able to make that decision. The legal route is a long, time consuming route - but if thats what it takes, then thats what it takes.

My other option was to just create publicity about this. I have a website at My 47 Star Superb | My Superb, where I will gladly host sub-problems for other skoda owners. Rather than a moral legal victory, I'll be much happier if I can create publicity about this - that will definitely be a more effective solution for everyone involved, not just my car.

Others who have successfully (or unsuccessfully) fought the company before - what do you recommend?

This is getting quite ridiculous now - the car is still with the dealership - since June!!!
Old 25th August 2010, 00:06   #21
Senior - BHPian

One more Skoda Case. Not Again . please.

Dear Mudit, sorry to hear about your ordeal. Its such a shame on part of Skoda to let it happen.

PS: nice website. Images would be an added benefit to it.
Old 25th August 2010, 13:15   #22
Senior - BHPian

You know threads like this and Harish makes me enraged about the manufacturers.
What are they expecting/waiting for you to do?

Legal option?
Harish case is still going on ... last I remember reading his thread - there has been no real progress.

What is our (consumer's) real course of action in such cases?
Old 28th September 2010, 17:04   #23
BHPian

Hello! So it's now almost October - there's been an update. Last week, we got a call from the company that the car was fixed - we went and promptly took delivery. Alas, 5-6 months of Skoda's repairing the car took a toll on the condition of our erstwhile well maintained well-kept car. This car looked like it had been driven as a taxi for 6 months.

Small parts - like the sunroof switch, door lock switches etc had been replaced with broken / scratched parts. Some small parts from inside the car were altogether missing - obviously because some other Superb probably needed those parts, and they were not available in stock.

While we started complaining about this to the company, the car failed again - a day and a half after Skoda fixed the car, the car stopped dead again.

Basically, when the car fails, it just suddenly loses all power and really - shuts off. Luckily we had JUST gotten off the Gurgaon highway - I shudder to think what might have happened had my car just stopped dead in the middle of a fast highway...

So that's where we are at - the car is back in the garage. The CEO is still not returning emails. And we are still without so much as a courtesy replacement car for the 7+ months that the company has tried to fix this defective car.

Wow. This is what it feels like to be screwed over...
Old 28th September 2010, 17:41   #24
BHPian

While I am an eternal optimist, I really don't see any scope for action by Skoda on this. The options for Skoda are:

a) Refund the entire amount.
b) Give you a new car.
c) Repair your car completely.

In both a and b Skoda takes a hit for 20L+. What's more important than the monetary part is that any of these actions will be tantamount to admitting that they sold you a lemon and were taking you for a ride for 3 years. Which is why I don't see these happening.

For c - it is pretty clear to me that they can't repair the car. Period. I am sure all and sundry at Aurangabad would have tried their hands at repairing it by now. Either none of them are competent or the car is so bad that it will need real costly repairs.

The consequences of not doing a, b or c is face you in court. Since they are already contesting lawsuits worth 18cr, another one will not hurt them at all. Their lawyers will be most likely on a 'theka' (lump sum payment) basis by now.

Their cars are not being bought by people like you and me (I too own one) anymore. They are primarily being bought by people who have not come across the substantial literature that exists on the net about Skoda India in particular. For people like us Skoda India gives a damn - and IMO it will continue to do so forever.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks