Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2010, 13:41   #1
BHPian

*SCAM ALERT* Uranium Technologies, Automobile Technology

My Manager forwarded this link to me today and I couldn't understand what it is, could someone shed light on this ?

URANIUM TECHNOLOGIES - creating technologies

Cheers,
Rajesh
Old 18th August 2010, 14:30   #2
BHPian

Sounds like another one of those franchise scams. They ask you for $$ to get a franchise, and then you have to sell the product to recover the money. The product will not work as advertised IMO. (Note that "it is a technology being developed"). By the time customer complaints come in, the original company will have disappeared with all the $$ collected from franchisees.

Last edited by echo77 : 18th August 2010 at 14:31.
Old 18th August 2010, 15:08   #3
BHPian

Those Dork...err...Dorf Katel guys are at it again!!! See the WHOIS information of uraniums.in domain. They are the same guys whose "products" are being discussed here.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...orf-katel.html
Attached Thumbnails
*SCAM ALERT* Uranium Technologies, Automobile Technology-dork.jpg  

Digital Vampire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2010, 15:16   #4
Senior - BHPian

Pre combustion technology, what ? If they can earn money from this, kudos to them.
Old 19th August 2010, 00:14   #5
BHPian

Ah, good old Dorf Katel is stricken down again. Nice investigation, Digital_Vampire!

Mods may kindly merge this thread with the Dorf Katel thread.
Old 26th August 2010, 21:31   #6
BHPian

Definite SCAM -- URANIUM.IN !!

Well... I received this SMS today with the below message:

Install Uranium+ FUEL SAVING Machine in ur car & save 50% fuel. Be our dealer & Earn Rs8Lacs p.m. Small investment with shop. Uranium 9594111133 / www.uraniums.in

The website really does not provide any insight into their innovative technology.

Immediately thought of checking in team-bhp & I find this thread along with the thread pointed out by Digital Vampire titled "SCAM : Device to increase your Car's Mileage (Oxyplus from Dorf Katel)"

Is Dorf Katel now trying to fool around under a new name?

Has someone in Kandivali / Borivali in Mumbai bothered to check the contacts provided in Uranium website?

Definitely looks to be a scam - but how can we get them brought to book? Especially before someone gets duped by them !

Mods -- Can this thread be linked to the other thread / subject changed so that atleast those searching websites will know Uranium also is a probable scam just like Dorf Katel.
Old 26th August 2010, 21:37   #7
Senior - BHPian

This thread is currently the 4th ranked link on Google when you search about Uranium technologies, so all that's left is changing the thread title to indicate that it's a scam and waiting for google to pick it up. Any reader coming via Google will know about this scam instantly.
Old 27th August 2010, 16:58   #8
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Vampire View Post
Those Dork...err...Dorf Katel guys are at it again!!! See the WHOIS information of uraniums.in domain. They are the same guys whose "products" are being discussed here.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...orf-katel.html
Genius, Digital Vampire . It's typical of scamsters to operate under a completely new name once their cheat is made public.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
so all that's left is changing the thread title to indicate that it's a scam and waiting for google to pick it up.
Done

BTW, bye bye Dorf Katel. This is what their home page says. Good riddance!
*SCAM ALERT* Uranium Technologies, Automobile Technology-dorf-katel.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 27th August 2010 at 17:00.
Old 27th August 2010, 23:01   #9
Senior - BHPian

nice catch.
Why don't people learn from their mistakes.

If they have sworn to make money by fooling people only, they need to do it discreetly the old fashion way, instead of venturing out on WWW. lolz
Old 20th June 2011, 06:21   #10

Re: *SCAM ALERT* Uranium Technologies, Automobile Technology

Yes, this is a big scam. I am a victim. Uranium Technology had taken INR 27 lacks from me for the pramotion of my business and done nothing. Uranium Technology had a very small 4 ft X 5 ft rental office in barivali. Uranium Technology do not had any workshop for modification of car/ motorbike etc. Uranoum Technolgy is only interested in making dealers so that they can take money from each and every dealer and do nothing. Uranium technology is asking from every dealer to pay 30 - 32 lacks and now they had nearly 800 dealers, so total scam is 240 crores???

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
My Manager forwarded this link to me today and I couldn't understand what it is, could someone shed light on this ?

URANIUM TECHNOLOGIES - creating technologies

Cheers,
Rajesh
Old 20th June 2011, 07:50   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmkol View Post
Yes, this is a big scam. I am a victim. Uranium Technology had taken INR 27 lacks from me for the pramotion of my business and done nothing.
OMG.. that's a BIG scam.

Wish we had a stringent laws to get those money back. Did you try any possibilities?
Old 20th June 2011, 08:45   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am a victim. Uranium Technology had taken INR 27 lacks from me for the pramotion of my business and done nothing.
Oops! That's a big scam indeed! Sorry to hear that you are a victim. Have you put in an FIR with the police?

Quote:
Uranium technology is asking from every dealer to pay 30 - 32 lacks and now they had nearly 800 dealers, so total scam is 240 crores???
30-32 lacs is a large sum anyways, but why are they asking the dealers to pay this amount?
Old 21st June 2011, 12:13   #13

The Uranium Technology ask 30-32 lacks towards promotion of business as they mention that UT (Uranium Technology) will do a business of 6-8 crores in a year by modification of cars & bikes in which the dealer and UT have 50% share (UT made an agreement of this). But till more then 6 months passed the business is Zero as they do not have any workshop for modification of motor vehicles. Even they are not interested in it.
Old 21st July 2012, 00:18   #14
BANNED

Quote:
The Uranium Technology ask 30-32 lacks towards promotion of business as they mention that UT (Uranium Technology) will do a business of 6-8 crores in a year by modification of cars & bikes in which the dealer and UT have 50% share (UT made an agreement of this). But till more then 6 months passed the business is Zero as they do not have any workshop for modification of motor vehicles. Even they are not interested in it.
Bumping the old thread. But what happened to this? Any business/refind of money?
Old 21st July 2012, 11:22   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Probably this would be going on in some court, with an innocent investor as petitioner and a runaway or non existent company as respondent I have been seeing these ads. Recently I saw a similar kind of business model who had put up an ad in ACI too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks