Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2010, 23:10   #1
BHPian

M800 Service Update 40, 300km

M800 SERVICE UPDATE 40, 300KM

Mods please move to appropriate thread if this is not the right place.

Earlier I had taken opinion from Siralec and the others for 40k Service and i had postponed, but since i am going on a long trip tomorrow...I thought will have service done today. So went to Bimal (whitefield) around 11:15AM and stood there with the mechanics till 6PM and completed all the below checklist:

Service Checklist:

1. Radiator Coolant Flush: Mechanic "Gopal" says coolant is fresh and in Good shape and can do another 20K easily and no brown substance found so flushing not required, but infact found a small leak in the hose and had to replace that small unit (Cost: ~150 + Labour)

2. Gear Oil Flush: 2Ltrs of Oil added after flushing old oil.

3. Brake Oil Flush: 1/2 Ltr oil added after flushing old oil.

4. Air Filter Change: Mechanic Gopal wanted to replace, but Manager Suresh said we can clean with high air pressure and its good to go for another 20k KM, but I agreed for replacement (Cost: ~220+tax)

5. Fuel Filter change

6. Timing Belt / Waterpump and V-Belt Check/Replace:
Mechanic Gopal changed V-Belt and strongly disagreed to replace timing belt or water pump, he said it is done at 80K KM and existing one's are in very good condition. When i asked him will timing belt damage cause serious engine damages. He said its impossible in M800 and it happens in Diesel vehicles only. I believed whatever he said and told him to replace only water pump belt (Cost: ~70 + tax)

7. Throttle Body Cleaning: I skipped this, as throttle body was looking clean and i didnt want to spend 400+ on cleaning and Mechanic Gopal said cleaning is not required.

8. Engine Oil Top-up:
I had done Engine oil change 1k KM back and it was little low, Bimal did a Top-up freely.

9. Speedometer Fluctuation: they removed and applied grease and rolled-in again and problem resolved

10. Electrical Work: Checked all fuses, one non working tail lamp bulb replaced, Right head lamp bulb holder which was loose connection was replaced and Left Headlamp (side bulb) was fixed with super glue to the inner holder (it had come off earlier).

11. Drivedhaft Leakage (problem detected by suresh): changed Oil Seals for me (cost: ~60 + labour)

12. Others: Coolant Reservoir Cap replaced (was little loose), Full Wash (inside, outside, under body) + Waxing + tyre polish + dashboard polish (Washing=Free)

Parts:
1. Oil Seal - 2 x 26.97 - Rs. 53.94
2. Clamp - 2 x 5.80 - Rs. 11.60
3. Bulb 21W12V - 1 x 23.79 - Rs. 23.79
4. Spark Plug BPRSES - 3 x 53.02 - Rs. 159.06
5. Air Cleaner - 1 x 221.15 - Rs. 221.15
6. Fuel Filter - 1 x 239.65 - Rs. 239.65
7. Waterpump Belt - 1 x 69.29 - Rs. 69.29
8. Cap Comp, Water inlet - 1 x 53.94 - Rs. 53.94
9. Gasket water inlet pipe - 1 x 2.10 - Rs. 2.10
10. Hose, Water inlet - 1 x 25.53 - Rs. 25.53
11. Coolant Cap - 1 x 2.30 - Rs. 2.30
12. Brake Fluid 500ml - 1 x 264.32 - Rs. 264.32
13. Consumables - 1 x 88.11 - Rs. 88.11
14. Head Light Holder - 1 x 63.44 - Rs. 63.44
15. Gear Oil - 2 x 252.86 - Rs. 505.72
------------------------------
SUBTOTAL: Rs. 1783.94
------------------------------
Labour:

1. Paid Service: - Rs. 715
2. Differ, Side Oil Seal - Rs. 120
3. Radiator Hose - Rs. 120
4. Waterpump Belt - Rs. 40
-------------------------
SUBTOTAL: Rs. 995
-------------------------
10% Discount on labour: Rs. 99.50
-----------------------------------
TOTAL(after tax): Rs. 3012
-----------------------------------

Bimal Feedback: After hearing lot of horror stories at bimal, I still go there as other Service centers are too far from my place. Mr. suresh (manager) is a nice guy, I have given my swift and esteem vehicle service to him earlier and he only recommends item replacement if they are badly damaged and doesn't ask you to replace simply. Mechanic Gopal was very co-operative and did all his job patiently and in a very good way, overall i was very much satisfied with the job they did.

If you are servicing at bimal, please inform manager you would like to be at present near your vehicle throughout the process, however there is lounge for relaxation (AC, TV, Internet, Chai/Biscuit, Pickup n Drop )

Going on a long trip early morning and will post some picture of after-service later....
Old 25th August 2010, 00:14   #2
Senior - BHPian

Nothing seems out of ordinary. Changing air filter is a good thinking. It should be cleansed with pressure hose once a month. But replace it after 5000 kms.
Its not that expensive.

Mechanic normally sigh away from changing parts like timing belt. Its not that expensive but replacing it is a laborious job. Meaning they will earn little for lot of work.

PS How did you know throttle body is clean?
Old 26th August 2010, 11:18   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
Nothing seems out of ordinary. Changing air filter is a good thinking. It should be cleansed with pressure hose once a month. But replace it after 5000 kms.
Its not that expensive.

Mechanic normally sigh away from changing parts like timing belt. Its not that expensive but replacing it is a laborious job. Meaning they will earn little for lot of work.

PS How did you know throttle body is clean?
Siralec, Car went for a complete wash before it was handed over to mechanics, the engine room was applied with some kind of polish and it was shining like a brand new car, I asked mechanic Gopal about throttle body cleaning, he showed me where it is located and if i want he would clean it for me, but he said its clean and not required as of now.

Regarding Timing belt, they were 100% sure it would last atleast 80k+ KM and didnt need a change, only V-shape water pump belt was replaced. b/w labour cost for timing belt replacement is 400 + tax and belt is ~280 he said.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks