Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2010, 15:46   #1
BHPian

Car transferred - Chassis number incorrectly printed

I sold off the M800 in Bangalore a month back. The buyer received the new card (which replaced the RC Book that I had) from KR Puram RT office.

However the last digit of the chassis number is incorrectly printed in the card. Instead of 7, it is printed '2'.

The transfer was done through a driving school /agent and the buyer is now contacting the person.

Does anyone know the procedure to have the chassis number corrected in the RC Card? The buyer was planning to take the car to Kerala tomorrow however with this problem I believe the RT Office may as well ask him to produce the car. Any suggestions?

Pl note: The insurance is from Oriental (third party) and is still in my name. The buyer tried to transfer it to his name and that's when the error in the new RC came to notice. The Chassis no. is correct in the insurance paper.

Mods: Please move this thread if it is incorrectly placed.
Old 26th August 2010, 22:45   #2
Senior - BHPian

I've a basic question, why did they change the RC book in first place? Can you clarify this pls?

BTW, ask the new owner to approach a good driving school to get this issue sorted. Yes, the vehicle's presence is required to change the chassis number, however, in some cases, mullah plays a good role; but that depends on the relation between the driving school & RTO. If the car is moving to KL temporarily, get the trip done & then strongly prefer taking the car to RT office & make the changes to RC book accordingly.
Old 26th August 2010, 23:24   #3
Senior - BHPian

Looks like the RTO has become a biggest joke. Just thought to point out another careless mistake of RTO in this thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...perienced.html
Old 27th August 2010, 01:49   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
I sold off the M800 in Bangalore a month back. The buyer received the new card (which replaced the RC Book that I had) from KR Puram RT office.

However the last digit of the chassis number is incorrectly printed in the card. Instead of 7, it is printed '2'.

The transfer was done through a driving school /agent and the buyer is now contacting the person.

Does anyone know the procedure to have the chassis number corrected in the RC Card? The buyer was planning to take the car to Kerala tomorrow however with this problem I believe the RT Office may as well ask him to produce the car. Any suggestions?

Pl note: The insurance is from Oriental (third party) and is still in my name. The buyer tried to transfer it to his name and that's when the error in the new RC came to notice. The Chassis no. is correct in the insurance paper.

Mods: Please move this thread if it is incorrectly placed.
@Jeep, sad to hear about this. I guess the problem can be fixed. I have personally seen how this RTO works, without Mr. Gandhi they will never work. They took 3 weeks to cancel my HP and issue me a smart Card, they finally did it because i paid through an agent.

Please try contacting Srivari Driving School, they have very good contact with RTO and will get the job done asap, their no.: 08025912689

I did through someone else, as of now i dont have that persons no. will update in this thread once i find. Best of luck

Quote:
I've a basic question, why did they change the RC book in first place? Can you clarify this pls?
@aargee, this RTO stopped giving RC Books and now issues only Smart Card.
Old 27th August 2010, 22:44   #5
Senior - BHPian

They have to correct it its there error. Contact the same agent. And yes the car needs to be present.
Old 28th May 2015, 16:20   #6

Clerical Error by RTO at Delhi

Hi All
Today when I recieved my registration card for my new car I noticed that the engine number has been wrongly printed .
Can anybody advise how I can get it corrected ?
Old 28th May 2015, 20:59   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjrohit View Post
Hi All
Today when I recieved my registration card for my new car I noticed that the engine number has been wrongly printed . ?

Ask the showroom folks to fix this. That will be fastest and at zero cost.
Old 28th May 2015, 21:02   #8
BANNED

Re: Clerical Error by RTO at Delhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjrohit View Post
Hi All
Today when I recieved my registration card for my new car I noticed that the engine number has been wrongly printed .
Can anybody advise how I can get it corrected ?
Since it is a new car, do contact the dealer and they should get this sorted out. You paid for the registration and hence they are required to get this sorted for you.

Edit - I am assuming that you got the registration done through the dealer. Else, you will have to go through the process yourself. Start by visiting the RTO office.

Last edited by ILTDrive : 28th May 2015 at 21:03.
Old 29th May 2015, 09:50   #9

Re: Car transferred - Chassis number incorrectly printed

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilp View Post
Ask the showroom folks to fix this. That will be fastest and at zero cost.
Thanks AnilP. Dealer has agreed to do it .Looks like he made a mistake while filing the forms

Most Viewed